Your joking right? You gonna nerf BH??

tehrealdealz

Wow. You guys are thinking the sky is falling. That article only says a nerf is coming.

We ALL know a nerf is coming to BH and Trooper. Tracer Missile in how it is working now is flawed. Plus other things that need to modified. I wouldn't go so far as to saying a nerf is needed, but the entire mechanic needs to be brought back to the drawing board.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. You guys are thinking the sky is falling. That article only says a nerf is coming.

We ALL know a nerf is coming to BH and Trooper. Tracer Missile in how it is working now is flawed. Plus other things that need to modified. I wouldn't go so far as to saying a nerf is needed, but the entire mechanic needs to be brought back to the drawing board.

it says its a bh nerf not merc nerf, so i would guess its not tracer missile that is getting nerfed.

Explosive Fuel is over the top, but that is pretty much the only thing from which I can say its overpowered. Tracer Missile spam is boring, but not really that insanely powerful and not much difference between that and the lightning spam of sorcs.

I wish they would just make +defense and +shield a bit more viable in pvp, instead of blatantly nerfing classes that do too much damage.

Yes and when scoundrel/operative were "nerfed" it was Smuggler and Agent.

Semantics hoss.

As far as i remember it always was mentioned as a scoundrel/operative nerf, and not smuggler/agent ?

Edited by NovaTera

Pretty sure you are right on that one.

like hsm benefits from more then 5 heat sig ? then why not a bh and trooper nerf ? i think if we are to speculate, we have to see what both bh have that is so much better then trooper. personatly i would go with DfA

As far as i remember it always was mentioned as a scoundrel/operative nerf, and not smuggler/agent ?

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.1/1312012

Smuggler

Scoundrel

Flechette Round: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

K.O.: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Shoot First: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Imperial Agent

Operative

Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

like hsm benefits from more then 5 heat sig ? then why not a bh and trooper nerf ? i think if we are to speculate, we have to see what both bh have that is so much better then trooper. personatly i would go with DfA

I think people are reading too much into what was said during an interview. Very possible it will be both Trooper and BH but only BH (dark side) was on mind of speaker. Also it may have also been related to just Merc or just PowerTech (and oppsing faction classes).

It makes me upset they are starting to nerf the least played classes before worrying about balancing the most played classes. This is mostly playing favorites right now. I'm all for going first, but let's be speedy about hitting the force users.

I'd really like to see tanks fixed in pvp before crying about the damage dealers though. I play a vangaurd and merc (both 50) but VG is my main. I find it extremely easy to deal with most mercs as they do not pick good places to begin turret style play. It's a good dmg dealer but really I've seen other classes to the same, just far less spammable.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.1/1312012

Smuggler

Scoundrel

Flechette Round: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

K.O.: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Shoot First: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Imperial Agent

Operative

Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

and the patchnote clearly say what class ability of the operative and scoundrel advance classes was getting nerfd, which is pretty much like just saying ops and scoundrel ability getting nerf. It's not jsut : agent/smuggler nerf, like we get for bounty hunter, and may i remember they dont mention trooper as being nerfed.

Edited by NovaTera

and the patchnote clearly say what class ability of the operative and scoundrel advance classes was getting nerfd, which is pretty much like just saying ops and scoundrel ability getting nerf. It's not jsut : agent/smuggler nerf, like we get for bounty hunter, and may i remember they dont mention trooper as being nerfed.

Did I not say semantics?

When they say Bounty Hunter, we all know it is Mercenary.

I hope they are taking 4 months to fix Tracer Missile because no class should be using one button to play. There is absolutely no fun in that. The entire system needs to be reworked in how that ability works.

I think people are reading too much into what was said during an interview. Very possible it will be both Trooper and BH but only BH (dark side) was on mind of speaker. Also it may have also been related to just Merc or just PowerTech (and oppsing faction classes)

plausible, but i would expect that the game director would at least remember the name of the mirror class to bh :p ?

Pyro PT's and tracer-missile spammers do need nerfing. Those who play the classes are whining, but everyone else being objective agrees with the changes.

Besides, doubt the nerf will be significant.

Did I not say semantics?

I hope they are taking 4 months to fix Tracer Missile because no class should be using one button to play. There is absolutely no fun in that. The entire system needs to be reworked in how that ability works.

why would it be mercenaries and not powertech ? Yes tracer missile is sort of mind numbling, but op to the point of needing a nerf ? not so sure, specially when i see so many post about constant 5k railshots for powertech in pyrotech spec (no idea, if its true). specially its pretty much an easy proc 30% on flame burst 45% on rocket punch both instant, first one being spammable i believe, and the second having 9sec cd which makes you finish the cd on that 5k rail shot and make it free.

but hey idk its jsut speculation :D

Edited by NovaTera

Oh and it was a news report. That is like CNN saying "Marine Corps Sergeant First Class Hartman is a Drill Sergeant on Paris Island".

Just cause they say it is so, does not mean they are 100% accurate in what they say.

Game Director at BioWare James Ohlen provided plenty of detail about what is changing and why.

unless they lying about having that interview/ not telling us the exact thing james ohlen said ?

Edited by NovaTera

why would it be mercenaries and not powertech ? Yes tracer missile is sort of mind numbling, but op to the point of needing a nerf ? not so sure, specially when i see so many post about constant 5k railshots for powertech in pyrotech spec (no idea, if its true). specially its pretty much an easy proc 30% on flame burst 45% on rocket punch both instant, first one being spammable i believe, and the second having 9sec cd which makes you finish the cd on that 5k rail shot and make it free.

but hey idk its jsut speculation :D

5k railshot (assuming that is high impact bolt for troopers) is not really spammable as it generates a lot of heat and you have a decent cooldown. If it is refreshed from an ability time has passes because you executed an ability or two or three to get it working again.

Honestly, I have been hit for 3-4k by everyone after the 1.1.1 patch. I feel like my main's class is the only one that cannot hit 4k damage anymore. Well, maybe if I smacked a new character around.

Either Bioware is trying to keep the damage cap down below 4k or they dont like smugglers/agents. I have seen assassin/shadows do 3k+4k+2.5K well after they came out of stealth.

I am still trying to figure them out. I think I will have an easier time to figure women out. Then I can at least make a fortune from the book sales.

unless they lying about having that interview/ not telling us the exact thing james ohlen said ?

What I said your quote is absolutely true. I'll break it down.

From what I stated:

Hartman is a Marine.

The Rank stated was SFC. That is an Army E-7. Marine E-7 (pay grade) is a Gunnery Sergeant.

Marines do not have Drill Sergeants. They have Drill Instructors.

To the "common man" everything stated was fact. And it is true. But the details to someone who knows will be realized that the news reporter who stated that is a moron and needs an education on what he is talking about.

All I am saying, is that they might have heard Bounty Hunter, or maybe the interviewee did not say Trooper. Besides, why would you go into great detail about an upcoming nerf to a reporter?

Hell, why on earth did they mention nerf to a reporter? That part does not make sense to me.

Edited by NightHawke

...Dont touch my powertech's pyro tree please...please.

I dont even pvp...SEE PVP *********** RUINS CLASSES!

Company: "Oh a class is doing too good in pvp NERF IT!"

PvE'er: "Why is my class awful now?"

Yeah, it looks it works like that. BW "balances" the classes to calm down PvP'ers complaining about something. That's all they care for when it comes to "balancing". And PvE'ers get screwed in every iteration. The non currently nerfed classes don't get the benefit. At most, the petty thought "uff.... wasn't me this time"

Problems I have to your reaction to the supposed nerf.

1. no specifics nerfs are listed.

2. the nerf you are referring to is a rumor from a third party.

3 the nerf might be a 0.025% damage reduction to an ability you never use like the missile attack you start the game with that is good for little more than overheating. But you don't know because nothing is tated as to the nature of the nerf.

4. you are flaming a bout a nerf that may or may not happen to an undisclosed ability by an undisclosed amount.

Problems I have to your reaction to the supposed nerf.

1. no specifics nerfs are listed.

2. the nerf you are referring to is a rumor from a third party.

3 the nerf might be a 0.025% damage reduction to an ability you never use like the missile attack you start the game with that is good for little more than overheating. But you don't know because nothing is tated as to the nature of the nerf.

4. you are flaming a bout a nerf that may or may not happen to an undisclosed ability by an undisclosed amount.

You're looking for logic and reason rather than rampant whining and raging on these forums? The former two don't exist here sir!

Yeah anyone knows Sorcs are doing more damage then BH, if you change My class I stop paying your company and tell you buhbye:D Enjoy your time as a Free to play company it is being eraned by every day you fail to fix your broken game and work on screweing players outta what they earned . A play directly formt he SOny EQ playbook.

Did I not say semantics?

One button? What class are you playing? If you're only using one button to dps on your MERC then you fail. Between popping my trinkets, TM, HS, Rail Shot, Unload, Power Surge, Instant Fusion while watching for Barrage Procs I'd say your one button BS is just that..BS. Also with my cast time on TM at 1.3 secs I'm also able to get in free Rapid Shots.

Edited by Kromidus