Your joking right? You gonna nerf BH??

tehrealdealz

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss hittin peeps with the dump in UO. The good ol days of gaming. When i didn't think it could get much better DAoC comes along and rocks all of our pvp minds. Ever since, it seems nobody has the nards to take on the 3 factions with unique classes. Oh mythic how I miss thee.

As a Pyro Powertech even i know that they are pretty ridiculous overpowered. Im 8/6/27 and its not even a pvp spec but can basically trinket and kill anything i come into contact with. Im interested to see what the nerf is... If i had to guess it would be moving steely resolve higher up in the tree for PT's

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who didn't play beta, the merc was significantly buffed a few patches before live.

WHY?!?!?! BECAUSE THEY SUCKED ***.......

and now we have one ability that's slightly op and NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF........

just diaf bioware. diaf.

while i know it doesn't say merc, let's be honest. it's what the glowbats have been clamoring for from day one, and they'll get it.

Edited by AmagonofBloodfin

That is one point for a TM nerf.

But realistically if they were truly balancing then pyro would be first, spammable 3-5k railshot hits do more damage than TM any day of the week.

However like you said few people play PT compared to Merc.

Lol @ spammable Rail Shot

Hmm I don't see BH's needing nerfed TBH (I play a SW btw) the only complaint I have about BH's also apply to Troopers and Sorcs and Sages. Tech and Force attacks need to consider Mitigation, other than that they are fine IMO. Hopefully the "nerf" is simply that the tech attacks will consider Mitigation.

In mostly Champ gear, after popping 220 crit/surge relic and Explosive Fuel I pull 3.4k dmg on each of my Rail Shots, and around 2.8k on my Rocket Punch, and 1.2k on FB. I don't think that's out of whack because it's so dependent on luck to get the PPC proc. Although, I could see them lowering the percentage of the proc because Sages that sit still and heal get upset when they die because someone is hitting/disrupting them.

As a BM geared pyro, I have to admit I'd be surprised if that wasn't the spec lining up for the nerf bat. We can stack a ridiculous amount of damage into just a few cool downs. Having said as much, I will say that if it doesn't come with buffs to AdvProto, I"ll be a little pissed.

...Dont touch my powertech's pyro tree please...please.

I dont even pvp...SEE PVP *********** RUINS CLASSES!

Company: "Oh a class is doing too good in pvp NERF IT!"

PvE'er: "Why is my class awful now?"

Edited by Bobinator

Meh, I don't think the BH nerf is as ridiculous as people think it will be. Most likely nerfing Tracer missile spammers, which is a welcome change to me. Hate seeing a BH on the top of the DPS board after seeing them spam tracer missile the entire game.

All i can say BW is be very careful about this anounced "nerf " because what is a merc bounter hunter it is pure dps as in thats all they have no skills like charge and pull/grapple and sprint and cc imunity this / damage imunity that..yeh they have cc`s ofc but only a few ..thats all mercs have without very good dps they are absolutely useless and pointless, unless a healer and lol i def didnt make a merc to heal ..they are killers they hunt they kill ...

If you take stuff away you need to give something in return.

I would imagine this nerf is coming because of nerf whining ofc and tracer missile but if you make tracer missile so it is doing 6 things at once then people are goin to spam and mostly its to try and reserve heat ..just take away the effect that you might get 8 heat back if the spam the hell out of tracer and give us more heat to play with in the first place and job done

:D

They didn't say it was a big nerf, just a nerf. Even just adding a short cooldown to TM would fit that criteria for "Bounty Hunter Nerf".

a 10sec CD would be nice on it. its a decent CD timer for it. and why would bw nerf sorces/sages? theyr fine.

Looks like it may be time to cancel my sub sooner than I expected. I made a vow to myself that I will not go through with this game what I went through with SWG. This is the only prof I want to play, and if anything it needs a boost rather than a nerf. If they screw BH up in this game one time, I'm out.

I will not sit through years of nerf/unnerf/nerf/unnerf/change combat engine/nerf/unnerf/nerf/unnerf/change combat engine/nerf/unnerf/nerf/nerf/nerf again. I've got better things to do than keep relearning how to play the same class.

I challenge everyone to come with me, it's the only way to teach developers a lesson about taking care of their customers.

a 10sec CD would be nice on it. its a decent CD timer for it. and why would bw nerf sorces/sages? theyr fine.

Do you even play a Merc? Quick question for you since you seem to be the all knowing of everything. If you put a 10 second CD on tracer, exactly what ability to you expect a mercenary to use when trying to dps anything (ops boss,FP or even PvP)? Auto shot? Unload? O Wait I know! Heatseeker!! O wait thats right, it requires tracers to be stacked up to make it hit harder than a wet noodle.. So what you are saying is have the mercenary dps rotation take 30ish seconds to do a full rotation.. Thanks for your information but as it stands.. You are bad

Do you even play a Merc? Quick question for you since you seem to be the all knowing of everything. If you put a 10 second CD on tracer, exactly what ability to you expect a mercenary to use when trying to dps anything (ops boss,FP or even PvP)? Auto shot? Unload? O Wait I know! Heatseeker!! O wait thats right, it requires tracers to be stacked up to make it hit harder than a wet noodle.. So what you are saying is have the mercenary dps rotation take 30ish seconds to do a full rotation.. Thanks for your information but as it stands.. You are bad

They could always just get rid of the stacking mechanic.

You should try thinking outside the box sometimes.

Either way, I think it's Pyro that's going to get the nerf bat, personally. Not that I want it, of course, but I've been saying it would be nerfed from the moment I started playing it.

Top damage/kills in 95% of warzones from 10-50 felt a little ridiculous.

They could always just get rid of the stacking mechanic.

You should try thinking outside the box sometimes.

Either way, I think it's Pyro that's going to get the nerf bat, personally. Not that I want it, of course, but I've been saying it would be nerfed from the moment I started playing it.

Top damage/kills in 95% of warzones from 10-50 felt a little ridiculous.

I do think outside the box, I actually play a Sorc now (switched from a Merc) and you know what the funny thing is... I was top dmg in kills/dmg as a Merc and now I am almost always top dmg/kills near if not top in healing and die at best 1-2 times a game (if I even die) but thats in the 10-49 bracket. See a pattern? Its not the class its the player in alot of cases..

Will things change in the 50 bracket as a sorc? Sure but for the lowbie bracket its the player not the class in most cases :D