Your joking right? You gonna nerf BH??

tehrealdealz

What makes you think that they will not change BH to make their DPS maybe overall the same but without having to spam one button over and over? Sure their going to take a look at tracer missle but may give you some other great rotation that actually takes some thought

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They havent even said what they are nerfing.. if anything they are probably nerfing the fact that your tracer missle debuff stacks with other arsenal mercs. which isnt really a nerf.. its just not working as intended.. being an operative. You have no room to talk.

What makes you think that they will not change BH to make their DPS maybe overall the same but without having to spam one button over and over? Sure their going to take a look at tracer missle but may give you some other great rotation that actually takes some thought

That in 1.2 supposedly. Reworking tracer. Dear god I hope they make good on that. Maybe an arsenal merc will be worth playing finally

Pretty sure this article refers to something else though

Edited by afootdoc

When are you guys going to do some research before you start whambulancing about something that BW didn't even specifically say?

Why don't you read the thread before you start being alarmed that people actually know the truth.

It's already been demonstrated that dps sage/sorcs have a stronger spam attack, better stun/interrupts, better cleanse, better heals, better DoT, more resources AND better debuffs from a single tree than commando/merc have from either dps tree. It's laughable that anyone would even attempt to dispute this. But clearly BH needs the nerf. Right, BW?

Because the IGN feature has already been debunked by GZ? It's what I meant by research. Every class is getting overhauls. The 'BH' nerf involves grandfathering some of the Tracer Missile dependent talents over to other skills to diversify your rotations. Any moving of sliders that takes place is the result of data polling their internal combat logging utilities to find what's actually overperforming and underperforming. These overhauls are guaranteed to at least leave you in a state of median performance, and if a nerf is actually needed, it's needed.

Those of you crying about this, stop. Stop being children. However many of you are just starting to play MMOs with TOR, welcome to the community. This is how it works. Those of you who've been MMOing in other games and still find this as a surprise, put down the *********** bong.

Thank you.

Edited by Onager

Because the IGN feature has already been debunked by GZ? It's what I meant by research.

No, the IGN article is being spun by BW to be a "you can call it a nerf, I - Georg will not call it that" adjustment.

Meanwhile left unrefuted is the fact that a dps sage/sorcs does more damage with their spam attack, have more resources, have better stun/interrupts, better debuffs, better healing AND better burst than dps BH/Trooper. It's been this way since beta. Everyone knew sage/sorcs were OP then. You can pontificate that people should not rush to judgement before the changes land, but we are now four months later and BW has done nothing to address the biggest class imbalance in the game. Instead they nerfed the only class that a competent sage/sorc feared, the stabbies. This is about track record and inspiring confidence that the dev knows what he is doing. And right now that is lacking.

You do realize you're saying this in a thread talking about nerfing the only real viable dps tree for Powertechs, right?

Like i said before, I think nerfs need to stop all together. I think bh's are fine where they are with of course the few fixes needed in each spec just like every other class.

Like i said before, I think nerfs need to stop all together. I think bh's are fine where they are with of course the few fixes needed in each spec just like every other class.

There is a damage standard. If one class is doing too much damage in the hands of skilled players (Marauders), or doing damage too easily in the hands of unskilled players (arsenal mercs, hybrid sorcs) it has to be balanced in order to maintain the damage and skill curves.

If it is not fixed, then bad players will feel "forced" to reroll into the easy-mode class (to maximize their performance) and good players will feel "forced" to reroll into the god-mode class (the class with the highest DPS / survival when played perfectly).

-

The only way to do that is with nerfs and reworks. You cannot just allow an imbalance to continue, nor can you arbitrarily buff other classes, because that doesn't fix the simplicity issue, and introduces more balance problems.

Relax, they are only making it so you don't have to spam tracer missle the entire match.

This means BH have to learn to use other abilities, which means binding more than 1 key

I use most of my abilities. TM is only a part of my usual rotation.

But I was hoping they would fix this. Too many "Mercs" come in thinking they can spam 1 button to win, it gives the rest of us who actually PLAY our clas a bad name.

Hopefully all the bads will shelve their BH's and pick the next FOTM.

Quit giving us a bad name you spammers.

Edited by XOrionX

Not a link-able (nor free) source. Wait for the 1.2 and 1.3 patch notes if you need confirmation, it's coming.

Was just curious. I saw the part about Mercs in a dev quote, but was interested to see what was actually being said about Pyro.

No, the IGN article is being spun by BW to be a "you can call it a nerf, I - Georg will not call it that" adjustment.

Meanwhile left unrefuted is the fact that a dps sage/sorcs does more damage with their spam attack, have more resources, have better stun/interrupts, better debuffs, better healing AND better burst than dps BH/Trooper. It's been this way since beta. Everyone knew sage/sorcs were OP then. You can pontificate that people should not rush to judgement before the changes land, but we are now four months later and BW has done nothing to address the biggest class imbalance in the game. Instead they nerfed the only class that a competent sage/sorc feared, the stabbies. This is about track record and inspiring confidence that the dev knows what he is doing. And right now that is lacking.

Uhh, I have quite a bit of power (Geared halfway between t2 and t3) and my Disturbance would only approach TM/GR if I specced all the way up the TK tree which ain't gonna happen in PVP any time soon.

Funny, you're posting in the BH forum about how op Sorcs and Sages are. What's your angle?

An ulterior motive I sense in you. :csw_yoda:

Not a link-able (nor free) source. Wait for the 1.2 and 1.3 patch notes if you need confirmation, it's coming.

That source wouldn't happen to be situated at the end of your gastrointestinal tract, would it?

Edited by Onager

Was just curious. I saw the part about Mercs in a dev quote, but was interested to see what was actually being said about Pyro.

The internal rumbling (and it's not just because people are whining on forums, it's a concern coming back from their own testing) is that Sorcs and Arsenal Mercs get "easy damage", basically the amount of damage they can do while "playing wrong" is too high, even though the overall damage isn't out of line.

They want to move damage off of Tracer Missile onto other abilities, so that the "bad" Mercs will do less damage, while the "good" Mercs will be unharmed. Your class won't get the OP treatment, but it will get changed.

Maras are being nerfed straight-up, as the damage at the tip-top skill levels is just too high. Chances are, to be frank, that there is only a single Mara per server who is playing at the level we're talking about... but it's still something that has to be done because some top players are rerolling Mara because of it... it's that powerful.

As far as tuning to other classes... I'm not going to talk about what's happening with the Sorc too much mainly because people start flying into a blind rage the moment you tell them about it... yeah they will be "reworked" or whatever PR term Bioware is going to use, but they're not wanting to talk about it publicly too much.

-

I'll say this, don't panic, I was surprised by how much they're doing internally to test all of this and how much they're consulting some really, really experienced designers in this kind of thing. The amount of work that is being done on class tuning is impressive, you're not getting the raw end of the deal, and when the combat log is introduced I think you're going to be surprised by how far public perception is from reality.

Unless you've actually SEEN the patch notes (which nobody outside of Bioware has), i'll just assume your statements are full of ****, and sit calmly and wait for official information instead.

Now everyone... calm the f--k down :D

I do think outside the box, I actually play a Sorc now (switched from a Merc) and you know what the funny thing is... I was top dmg in kills/dmg as a Merc and now I am almost always top dmg/kills near if not top in healing and die at best 1-2 times a game (if I even die)......See a pattern?

Its not the class its the player.....

HAHAHAHAHA.... so you did well as a merc and then switched over to sorc and did well there too so it must be the player not the class.... EPIC.

Funny, you're coming all the way over to the BH forum to defend how OP your sage/sorc is. What's your angle?

Uhh, check out my posting history here. I didn't get on the subject of sorcs and sages until you did, homeskillet.

Way to get caught in some sort of mental space-time vortex that changes the order things happen so that everything you do is a preemptive reaction to other people.

Uhh, check out my posting history here. I didn't get on the subject of sorcs and sages until you did, homeskillet.

Uhh, same effect dude. Question remains - why lurk across multiple class forums such as BH to defend your OP class? But everyone already knows the answer to that. Still it's good to see your nerve got tweaked so much that you've continued to descend down the road of name calling, attempts to reference to child abuse, etc. We feel your pain. Well actually not. But we see your pain. If it makes you feel any better.

Link?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347911

There are balance adjustments to all classes in Game Update 1.2.

Details should be available as soon as 1.2 hits the Public Test Server.

I will abstain from discussing details before that happens for the simple fact that without having the big picture (e.g. the sum of all changes), discussion is moot.

-- Georg

Subrosian probably had a different source, but basically every class is getting nerfed and/or buffed. There are not really any more details than this, so until there are (like Georg says) discussion is moot.