Your joking right? You gonna nerf BH??

tehrealdealz

Uhh, same effect dude. Question remains - why lurk across multiple class forums such as BH to defend your OP class? But everyone already knows the answer to that. Still it's good to see your nerve got tweaked so much that you've continued to descend down the road of name calling, attempts to reference to child abuse, etc. We feel your pain. Well actually not. But we see your pain. If it makes you feel any better.

I like to lurk. I like to get a feel for the state of the game, and all classes within it, in all roles they can fill, because I'm a guildmaster.

Is that some sort of problem? You'll also have to actually show me demonstrably where I've ever defended the sage or sorcerer against cries of opness. I'll save you the trouble, it hasn't happened.

You still never mentioned how you got on the subject of sages and sorcs in the first place.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The internal rumbling (and it's not just because people are whining on forums, it's a concern coming back from their own testing) is that Sorcs and Arsenal Mercs get "easy damage", basically the amount of damage they can do while "playing wrong" is too high, even though the overall damage isn't out of line.

Again, what about PT Pyros? Sure, I can really put out the dps, but it's quite random, being based on how many times I can get railshot refresh to proc and I am VERY squishy....If I catch a pass in Huttball I die faster than a light armor wearer. So, to me, that's a fair trade for good dps.

Edited by SipiusX

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347911

Subrosian probably had a different source, but basically every class is getting nerfed and/or buffed. There are not really any more details than this, so until there are (like Georg says) discussion is moot.

He had a very specific list of nerfs for different ACs, so this is definitely not the source that he was talking about. That's why I was curious about seeing a link.

I haven't seen anything official mentioning Pyros, which was why I asked.

You'll also have to actually show me demonstrably where I've ever defended the sage or sorcerer against cries of opness. I'll save you the trouble, it hasn't happened.

Defended with actual facts? No, you've never done that. Attempts to defend by taunting and references to child abuse? Yeah, that's right up your alley.

As for how sage/sorcs got involved in this conversation, it's quite clear. The info leaked that BHs were being nerfed and the immediate response was why nerf a Pareto inferior class? Reference to the Pareto superior class naturally follows.

He had a very specific list of nerfs for different ACs, so this is definitely not the source that he was talking about. That's why I was curious about seeing a link.

I haven't seen anything official mentioning Pyros, which was why I asked.

That's fine. I just wanted to point out that all the class are being changed in 1.2 not just BH. And although I did quote you (which in retrospect was my fault) my post was mostly directed to people in this thread thinking BH is being singled out. I am also a little curious what Subrosian's source is but I can only assume it was from someone at the guild summit that asked a dev about class balance (but that is a huge assumption and probably wrong.).

Arsenal mercs are not getting a nerf persay. Bad players will consider it a nerf, because well, they're bad. They're going to recreate the rotation so that we aren't so heavily reliant on Tracer spam. Think about it, its our go-to ability when everything is on CD. We literally spam it.

They're making it so we actually have a rotation of some sort, so if you're a competent player you will not notice any sort of change.

Yes there was a post by Georg on this matter. I will try to find a link.

unless BW makes huge (obvious class-wrecking) changes how will we even know what the true impact of the "balancing" patch is on our BH builds? all we have to go on currently is anecdotal (thus unreliable) evidence of what our true numbers are. we won't know, coincidentally, the true numbers until the combat log is made available (after the class balancing). i believe this was planned on BW's part (it bought them time against the real outrage).

Defended with actual facts? No, you've never done that. Attempts to defend by taunting and references to child abuse? Yeah, that's right up your alley.

As for how sage/sorcs got involved in this conversation, it's quite clear. The info leaked that BHs were being nerfed and the immediate response was why nerf a Pareto inferior class? Reference to the Pareto superior class naturally follows.

You're pretty new at the whole MMO thing aren't you? People who display outward signs of outrage at the goings-on in video game balance are a blight on human society. Take a step back, take a couple breaths, select your Operative or Scoundrel (You ARE an operative or scoundrel, aren't you?) and highlight them, click the little x on the bottom of the screen, type 'Delete', then 'Create new class', choose a Sorcerer, name him Argh'rage, and confirm. Make sure he's an angry fat sith pureblood.

Edited by Onager

I'm happy to see that people are starting to realize they never said what the nerf is yet. Everyone is running around screaming the sky is falling the sky is falling when there just could be a cd on Railshot or maybe they are making it so the ability to use it procs less.

No need to get all crazy untill we see what they are going to be doing.

You're pretty new at the whole MMO thing aren't you? People who display outward signs of outrage at the goings-on in video game balance are a blight on human society.

No, people who display outward signs of outrage, including name calling and bad sexual references, regarding the going-ons of video games are simply expressing an opinion that is irrelevant to 90% of society. To claim that they are a blight on human society elevates such persons to a level that is completely undeserving. You ought to consider that while trolling here.

I'm happy to see that people are starting to realize they never said what the nerf is yet. Everyone is running around screaming the sky is falling the sky is falling when there just could be a cd on Railshot or maybe they are making it so the ability to use it procs less. No need to get all crazy untill we see what they are going to be doing.

The problem here is a poor track record by BW on properly addressing class imbalance. They did nothing during the entire beta period regarding issues that were well known - the period of time when such changes are optimally made. The natural reaction then is a general lack of confidence that such changes will be well thought out.

No, people who display outward signs of outrage, including name calling and bad sexual references, regarding the going-ons of video games are simply expressing an opinion that is irrelevant to 90% of society. To claim that they are a blight on human society elevates such persons to a level that is completely undeserving. You ought to consider that while trolling here.

The problem here is a poor track record by BW on properly addressing class imbalance. They did nothing during the entire beta period regarding issues that were well known - the period of time when such changes are optimally made. The natural reaction then is a general lack of confidence that such changes will be well thought out.

If you can't make your class work despite the imbalance, you're bad.

You're a conspiracy theorist. All the jesting I've done with you to this point? I'm done. Expect no further replies from me. This is me, for the first time in this thread, being serious. Nothing fruitful will come from this thread (the fact of which I've been aware from the beginning), you've unintentionally trolled the entire BH forum community with this, and that other 'Confirmed' train wreck. It serves no appreciable purpose.

Good day.

Edited by Onager

If you can't make your class work despite the imbalance, you're bad.

If you need a class imbalance stacked in your favor to make your class work, you are worse. I can't seriously believe you think class balances should persist and people should just eat it. Wait, actually from you, I can.

You're a conspiracy theorist. All the jesting I've done with you to this point? I'm done. Expect no further replies from me. This is me, for the first time in this thread, being serious. Nothing fruitful will come from this thread (the fact of which I've been aware from the beginning), you've unintentionally trolled the entire BH forum community with this...

You come to a BH forum, admit that you lurk, call people names, use bad taste sexual references, and call me a troll? Perspective. Yours makes irony take on a whole new meaning.

I'm happy to see that people are starting to realize they never said what the nerf is yet. Everyone is running around screaming the sky is falling the sky is falling when there just could be a cd on Railshot or maybe they are making it so the ability to use it procs less.

No need to get all crazy untill we see what they are going to be doing.

i guess i misunderstand something about bounty hunters then

putting a cooldown on railshot,or making it so where the ability to use it procs less sounds like a nerf to me.considering arent you suppose to keep your heat the lowest it can be,i figured thats pretty much the point of railshot

your joking right? bhs are in a better place than sorcs. sorcs are not op...

Were have you been with your head at pvp???

The WHOLE community says that sorcs are op atm, even people that rolled sorcs because they are tired of there op'ness.

I'm not gonna roll one, despite my love for the swtor lore and enviroment.

Please keep saying sorcs do not need any look at, please do...

The trick of forcing people to level a sertain class to maintain the fun of a game is a trick i'm not gonna follow.

Besides of a sorc, i can't even heal 1 person up against 1 dps before i go red on heat with my BH.

I agree dps BH's needed a nerf, like sorcs do, but the healing was just fine..

Anyway, u win this discution.

I cancelled my subscription yesterday.

All BH need is:

1) Buff: the absurd heat requirements. Suggestion: rapid shots has a decent chance to vent a small amount of heat.

2) Nerf: Putting tracer missile on 15 second CD and give em something else to shoot in the mean time. Boring, Tracer BH is boring.

3) Buff: a 45 second cooldown, 2-second duration dash, seeing as every other DPS class has some form of spammable escape/close gap utility.

4) Buff: Make thermal detonator apply a guaranteed pre-detonate slow debuff to the target as relying on combust cylinder for slow procs is unreliable and jet boost is too close range for an effective slow.

Across the board: Keep sprint active in combat ffs, why do we have to slow the fck down to snails pace, made even worse once we get slow debuffed. Makes no sense at all. Fix your game BW.

That is all :)

i wish they removed sprint for pvp totally...and for the love of god no dash...or any speed ability on the bh...theyr heavy armor theyr meant to be slow.if your merc your ranged so no need for speed, if people get close you got a knockback and a stun...use them....and all ability's work on point blank...so no excuse.

All BH need is:

1) Buff: the absurd heat requirements. Suggestion: rapid shots has a decent chance to vent a small amount of heat.

2) Nerf: Putting tracer missile on 15 second CD and give em something else to shoot in the mean time. Boring, Tracer BH is boring.

3) Buff: a 45 second cooldown, 2-second duration dash, seeing as every other DPS class has some form of spammable escape/close gap utility.

4) Buff: Make thermal detonator apply a guaranteed pre-detonate slow debuff to the target as relying on combust cylinder for slow procs is unreliable and jet boost is too close range for an effective slow.

Across the board: Keep sprint active in combat ffs, why do we have to slow the fck down to snails pace, made even worse once we get slow debuffed. Makes no sense at all. Fix your game BW.

That is all :)

I read another interview recently concerning 1.2 that TM/GR were going to see their damage reduced, but overall BH/commando DPS would be slightly increased. They also are changing it so that arsenal/gunnery would not be so dependent on those abilities for key proc's.

on BH? sure..but sorces needs a fix...its theyr hybrids that makes the class so damn OP...they fix so people cant hybrid the class and it should be fine.

That won't really help. Then they'll go 31 telekinetic/Lightning (The force caster's version of Gunnery/Arsenal) or 31 Balance/Madness (mobility, CC, and Dots). If the problem is burst (Which it is) then you'll probably just see it made so that Psychic Projection and Presence of Mind can't coexist in the same build for whatever reason, and make Presence not work on Telekinetic Wave.

Did I not say semantics?

When they say Bounty Hunter, we all know it is Mercenary.

I hope they are taking 4 months to fix Tracer Missile because no class should be using one button to play. There is absolutely no fun in that. The entire system needs to be reworked in how that ability works.

Just because you watched a video on youtube with someone only using their TM in a wz doesn't mean a thing. Any class can spam any single ability if they want. The person in that youtube video has time to vent heat because a lot of times they're running around. He doesn't sit there in one place the whole time and just spam TM or he would overheat. Much the same as your excuse that Rail Shot cost too much heat. TM also cost a lot of heat. Only 3 of those will get you close to 50 heat and thats when you need to use other abilities to vent some.

I also have a sorc, I can just spam my aoe with stun abilities if I want too in a wz, or any ability for that matter. You gonna cry about that too? Or you only gonna cry about it if someone made a video of it on youtube, using only one ability in a wz. Of course using only one button in a wz is a no brainer but any class can do that not just merc.