[Panel Discussion] Player vs. Player (3:00PM CST)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

With the addition of 8-man warzone premades, how will warzone matching be adjusted to prevent large premades from being matched against pugs?

I submitted that question...we'll see if they answer it.

Also...yay for taking Ilum back to the drawing board.

My Question: Regarding AFK'ers in Warzones. Will you be implementing a negative type of buff for people that LEAVE the warzone early. It sucks queuing into a Warzone with 1 minute left and your team getting clobbered. You don't get to participate, and it looks like your a slacker on the stat board, when that was not the case.

One suggest to improve world pvp and world pve at the same time is to make All world raid boss tougher and max level. What do you think about making the world bosses lv 50 and dropping something unique and require 16 geared lv 50 to kill?

Question:

Would you guys ever consider having a tree dedicated for PvP and a seperate one for PvE?

That way when you balance/nerf/buff classes for PvP, you will not be affecting the classes usefulness in PvE?

What I am asking for is two completely seperate skill trees for PvE and PvP that in no way benefit from one another.

ELO has some signifigant issues with regard to maintaining rating. That is one of the biggest complaints about it in the competitive strategy (Whether it be mtg or Chess) world. Will there be a rating decay for people who are sitting on their rating???

Question:

Are there any plans to try to balance valor ranks of warzone teams, to allow full 8-man group queues, to fix the issue of groups having to regroup after every warzone?

Edit: Getting answers to some of this as I go so editing the question, missed some of the start so I apologize if these were answered already

Edited by Niil

A major problem with ilum is the lag that all players receive when huge battles ensue, is this due to the graphics engine not being able to process everything appropriately, or is there a more serious issue? Edited by Kyloki

Question:

ELO has some signifigant issues with regard to maintaining rating. That is one of the biggest complaints about it in the competitive strategy (Whether it be mtg or Chess) world. Will there be a rating decay for people who are sitting on their rating???

Question: That needs to be answered

I just heard what you said about your platform, and your answer was really vague. We all know somehow the hero platform doesn't utilize your GPU and instead seems to use your CPU and your Data transfer rate.

My question is, seeing as how the game is already built around this platform are you guys going to just remake the game on another platform in the future? People having to make virtual Ramdisks to optimize their gameplay in pvp where there seems to be useless effect like in the Civil War, whats with the 3 big turrets that just soak up all your resources? Is there really a reason to have effects like that in a pvp scenario?

Queue up to 8! Win!

Yeah =(

Looks like we'll eventually be recruiting more folks so we can field a full 8 for ranked wzs. Its a shame, we used pvp to cover the downtimes when we didn't have many players online.

For once, I hope *soon* isn't *too soon*.

Edited by Mythbusting

Question:

It seems like a lot of people don't like Voidstar due to it being too easy to defend given the long channel time to plant a bomb and the difficulty of putting a defending team with healers in the "penalty box" (possibly made worse by the prospect of 8-man premades). Is anything going to be done to address this?

Edited by Tawnos

Are you doing something about world pvp on planets while leveling your low level character on pvp servers? cause now they seem same like pve servers. Not so much pvp action going there while questing. :) Edited by Worfius