[Panel Discussion] Player vs. Player (3:00PM CST)

I'm posting this for a friend since he can't post after he unsubscribed(!)

Is there a chance of seeing gear-neutral PvP? I want to play this game casually in PvP, but as I can't put in enough time to stay updated on gear, I don't want to get crushed in every game.

This will maybe add more focus on cooperation since the team with best team play will win.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The general CC issue is the biggest deal breaker for me in 1.2. It is just not fun with the amount of CC is around.

Exctly, its the main reason I avoid warzones right now. Huttball is fun, but with no diminishing returns I am constantly getting stuned, rooted, and CC'd taking me out of the game half the time.

When it the terrible performance going to be fixed? Warzones framerates are beyond unacceptable are are affecting far more than "just 5%". Adding more competitive rewards for winning pvp os pointless when you are playing in a slideshow on an high end system.

Question: Is there any plans to balance out the PvE/PvP gear? Is expertise going to be more important than what it is now? Not having to get the PvE gear to fine tune your PvPgear. PvP gear should be for PvP and PvE gear should be for PvE.

I'm posting this for a friend since he can't post after he unsubscribed(!)

Is there a chance of seeing gear-neutral PvP? I want to play this game casually in PvP, but as I can't put in enough time to stay updated on gear, I don't want to get crushed in every game.

This will maybe add more focus on cooperation since the team with best team play will win.

This is why I keep wishing they'd have put Expertise on PvE gear, not PvP gear.

Healers currently make or break battleground. Battlemaster healers are almost impossible to kill. Are you planning on raising "Trama debuff" to 40 or 50%?

My BM operative eats healers w/o guard, and my BM sorc healer gets eaten by good DPS.

Hey are you guys brining back Guild Allies and Adversary back and will you make it available to declare war on a guild on the same fraction?

Also will you guys be adding a bounty/crinimal system for players?

Edited by Kaoci

Can we expect, that soon you going to fix performance on WZ ? As we all know a lot of ppl have fps issues on WZs, Im not talking about low-end rigs, just on mid-high rigs. Thats a big problem for a lot of players.

Question: Is there going to be any improvements to make leveling solely through pvp easier, or at least, to be at the same level with questing and doing flashpoints? Right now anyway, pvp'ing is very grindy and slower through warzones, compared to other methods. Edited by Synti

My question: Any chance on dealing with the melee vs range imbalance in the game. In typical MMOs range has certain advantages over melee bc if melee gets into range they are supposed to destroy range.

In SWTOR range has the same damage (while being able to project their damage further), often times the same or better survivability than melee without kiting, kiting, and similar CC. Melee has well less interuptable abilities that's pretty much it. It's not insurmountable atm but it is in favor of range atm.

Problem: Worried that cross server PVP will diminish the sense of community

Question: To still promote certain aspects of community growing, would it still be effective to create your team from your server, but find your opposition from another? That way the people you are expected to work together with, are the ones from your server.

My question: Any chance on dealing with the melee vs range imbalance in the game. In typical MMOs range has certain advantages over melee bc if melee gets into range they are supposed to destroy range.

In SWTOR range has the same damage (while being able to project their damage further), often times the same or better survivability than melee without kiting, kiting, and similar CC. Melee has well less interuptable abilities that's pretty much it. It's not insurmountable atm but it is in favor of range atm.

Range player here. I get ***** by purotechs and marauders wen they get up into my face.

Operatives used to **** me also, but they got nerfed a bit to heavily IMO.