[Panel Discussion] Player vs. Player (3:00PM CST)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to be able to group for pvp with my guildies of any level, bolster was an innovative system and it looks like you've completely abandoned it in favor of tiers like every other game.

Focusing "improvements" to make pvp like every other game (tiers, gear grind, etc.) will just make the players happy who are gonna leave for GW2 anyway. Why not stick with the innovation you already had?

Bolster was broke. Rift tried that also, it doesn't work well. Especially once players get into higher tiers of armor. Once you get into champion and battlemaster gear, a brand new 50 stands almost no chance against you. Let alone, a level 10 "bolstered" player. LMAO.

What happens in a year when players are in lvl 100 PvP armor sitting at 30k health? Is that fresh level 50 bolstered player going to be worth a crud in that Warzone? Nope.

Edited by XOrionX

Best in Slot was mention for being from Ranked PvP. Did you mean that as Best in Slot PvP or overall Best in Slot?

Please clarify.

Do you think they would intentionally make best in slot PvE gear come from PvP......

While the developers may not like auto facing in PvP. The problem of the running in circles issues as a tactic to make lag a combat tactic is just poor game design.

I understand that combat rotation is what you do not want to totally be the skill component of PvP. The problem is that other aspects that are very dependent on ISP latency and computer hardware are just not fair. For Server Lag I assume that it will harm all equally.

Don't give away their secrets! The die hard people who want to make fun of other people and behave in completely unacceptably rude and harassing ways to boost their dimished self-esteem really don't want you to explain to the world how they exploit latency by creating more lag with animations! that would be TELLING on the elite warriors of the cyberworld! :eek:

Are you aware that sages/sorcerers can use a spell to take their health and heal it back for points in wzs?

Also, will there be any more sports similar to Huttball as it's a warzone that stands out from other games.

Because of the new war hero tier gear not requiring valor does that mean battlemaster valor requirement will also be lifted? And if so, are all of us who fought long and hard to achieve said status going to be given nothing in return. Will our time put in essentially mean nothing?

Single kills around the world..giving some form of loot.

Problem, wouldn't that just mean more people kill trading?

Ranked Warzone coms. -- People are going to have dailies for this? So people jump over BM gear straight to War Leader progression?

There was at the very start when everyone lol'd about the imbalance in the room itself.

I saw that and I still can't believe no one asked the freaking question. I sent in a chat question, but of course it wasn't asked to the panel

It may have been already mentioned but I'm getting this stream late...

Can we queue for ranked WZ's solo? I'd like to grind them during off times when my teammates are not online...want to get moving to tier 2 gear since I won't be able to remove mods from my BM gear (ugh). I can't stand wearing this inq pvp gear..so ugly.

So not one thing mentioned reguarding the resolve system..

And sounds like cybertechs are still getting the shaft. as the best gear obtainable is via ranked warzones.. cybertechs do not make orange mods or armorings so they getting screwed.

Real skill, as in having better control of your character. Nobody is going to stand there and be a target dummy for the enemy.

Really? Have you ever watched an actual sword or gun fight? If you spend your time running around your opponent in circles, you get killed.

I'm sorry but running around may take some modicum of extra effort, but it is the least extra bit of skill incorporation possible, and simply a lazy way of giving players the illusion of doing something more complex.