Make 100% snares affected by resolve

Kilvorian

I am quite sure the vast majority of people can agree that when someone has a full resolve bar and then they get a 100% snare put on them it is beyond frustrating. There is no reason that when someone CC's me, then stuns me, then uses a 100% snare on me that all of them should work. Heaven forbid someone works with another player to use two stuns then the 100% snare then your completely screwed no matter what you do. :D Edited by Sejia

100% /Signed

Not that BW give a stuffed hoot about it right now ofc...

Roots: 2-5+secs BRB while I make a coffee before I can move 1/2 a cm again before someone else roots me from leaps bounds hugs n kisses n stuff....

############################################################

Slows: forever & EVER & stacks beyond the known galaxy far, far away.... (I did just dispell 2 but now 6 have just taken there place.)

(Pushes: 1-2+ secs Airborne *weeeeeeeeeeeeee, hey! hang on I'm going back in time here?) <-- Just because OP :rolleyes:

Your telling me that BW love to sit there watching as their toon being actionless/motionless, from full HP to NO HP and respawn, *then resolve starts is enjoyable? :confused: Something odd there.... CC breaker seemed to have no desirable effect and was consumed indefinitely while creating this post...

Edited by kilomax

leaps and pulls should affect the resolve bar as well

Pulls do. Leaps don't. I don't care that they can jump to me, but that I get stunned for 3-4s with a full resolve bar (or empty resolve bar and gain 0 resolve), that's a *********** problem.

Eh, i disagree. being rooted isn't as devastaing as being stunned. You can still pop cds, attack, use your own cc, ect.

Many specs are built around roots. If you make this change then you are basically telling those player tough luck, but you need to re-roll.

Personally I'd rather just see our "escape" cooldown lowered. Halved maybe. I'd rather be proacative when it comes to resisting my cc than relying on a passive system.

But still, /signed.

I agree with this as well. That unbreakable will is a 2m cooldown when most stuns/cc/pulls/leaps/et al. are only 20-45s cooldowns is ridiculous.

Eh, i disagree. being rooted isn't as devastaing as being stunned. You can still pop cds, attack, use your own cc, ect.

Many specs are built around roots. If you make this change then you are basically telling those player tough luck, but you need to re-roll.

many pvp specs use it because they know its OP in pvp. It should remain usable in pvp it should just be affected by resolve. If you want truly competitive pvp fix this. the normal snares i dont care if those remain usable but the 100% snares or roots should absolutely be affected by resolve

Snare is one of the only ways I can keep someone in melee range. Resolve doesn't do crap, only using a break free at full resolve does, and for squishy classes you simply don't last long enough to get to full resolve and break free. Without snare range classes would get 100 percent uptime against melees. Resolve is stupid, diminishing returns needs to be put in, either that or have break free put a 7 second cc immune buff on you. Nothing is more annoying than using a break free only to be stunned again.

All CC no matter the source, root, snare, stun, knockback, pull, stifle, mez, ect... should all effect the resolve bar..

The Resolve bar should also tick up faster. It's still possible to lock someone down for 20s+ (without damaging them) or 10s (with damage) - thats far too long. ---OR--- Our CC breaker should grant 5 to 10 seconds of immunity to all forms of CC.

CC dose not equal skill.

Pulls do. Leaps don't. I don't care that they can jump to me, but that I get stunned for 3-4s with a full resolve bar (or empty resolve bar and gain 0 resolve), that's a *********** problem.

What kind of jump do you speak? Jugg/mara jump not stuns only if talented in Deep immortal tree, but noone takes that talent cause its trash. Your argument is invalid.

Hi, melee calling here. Roots may as well be a stun.

i care when someone is calling for a nerf on my only escape button

snares and roots are not a form of CC, they dont lock the character down completely, they only limit movement, you can still use defensive/offensive cooldowns, and attacks/heals during them.

sure they are annoying sometimes, and under some circumstances more debilitating to some classes than others, but thats just the nature of pvp.

they dont need to be added to the resolve bar.

Edited by looneybinjim

Hmm... That's a tough choice.

On one hand, roots are very powerful aganst melee class. Nearly as efficient as a mezz without affecting resolve. (not as powerful as a stun because all of them breaks after 2 seconds if damage is dealt).

On the other hand, I started playing a gunslinger. And 35 meters root on a short CD is the only single thing this AC has for itself. What's more, many of the roots in this games are here for a reason.

After some thinking, my opinion is that it was a very good choice to make roots not affect resolve. In fact, it is even better knowing that it was going to be an unpopular but important for balance decision.

Warriors get a root on their leaps to make the leaps work well : you can't really take that back.

Gunslingers/snipers get a root on knockback and a single root on 15 (12 talented) s : you can't really take that back since even with that they have the worse survivability and LoS issues.

Scoundrels/Agents get a 2 sec root on 10 m range on 12 s cd on their snare ability : you can't really take that back since it's their bread&butter ability to keep a target in range and kitting and tiny gap closer.

Sage/sorcs... Heh. It's a different story. They don't completely rely on it (even in pure lightning spec) for anything.

tldr : Everything considered, I think roots not affecting resolve is actually quite clever overall.

I am quite sure the vast majority of people can agree that when someone has a full resolve bar and then they get a 100% snare put on them it is beyond frustrating. There is no reason that when someone CC's me, then stuns me, then uses a 100% snare on me that all of them should work. Heaven forbid someone works with another player to use two stuns then the 100% snare then your completely screwed no matter what you do. /sign if you agree :D

You do realize almost every class has a ability to break snares every 20 seconds if specced into it right?

Snares are fine.