Australian server transfer in LATE April!

melsione

Thing I do not understand is how server transfers where not something that was already designed and ready to go, I' am sure BW for sore the requirement being required.

Imagine if you had a house built one of the rooms wasn’t finished because of bureaucratic red tape, but a month or two later the room was complete you go to inspect it only to find it has no doors, you say to the builder W T F he says ohhh yeah don't worry give it a few months we will work out how to make doors and then implement them in your house hopefully, be grateful the room has a roof and windows even if you can't get in there.

Edited by Sonofdeath

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off all i love the game so i wont quit, but my question is if i roll a toon on aus server will he get my legacy when i transfer???; i have lvl 50 sniper and 35 sorcerer so im not too happy having to deal with this highish ping...

simple. roll a pub alt and your legacy woes will be nullified.

its pretty easy to level, just roll a new char.

The is an ignorant response.

The answer is always "re-roll". It took me a while to get 50 because I have, oh I don't know... A life? From fanboys to devs, re-roll just wont do much longer.

First off all i love the game so i wont quit, but my question is if i roll a toon on aus server will he get my legacy when i transfer???; i have lvl 50 sniper and 35 sorcerer so im not too happy having to deal with this highish ping...

The answer would be yes BUT

My suggestion would be to roll an alt on the new aussie servers (as so many have) and get to 35 asap to preserve your legacy name if you wish to keep the same one. Because if another player takes your legacy name on the new oceanic servers you will be required to come up with a new one.

Edited by NoxiousAlby

The answer would be yes BUT

My suggestion would be to roll an alt on the new aussie servers (as so many have) and get to 35 asap to preserve your legacy name if you wish to keep the same one. Because if another player takes your legacy name on the new oceanic servers you will be required to come up with a new one.

But then that begs the question, what will happen to the legacy on our mains on the US server? Will we have to use the current one or the one we started on the new oceanic server? Questions like these need to be answered ASAP!

But then that begs the question, what will happen to the legacy on our mains on the US server? Will we have to use the current one or the one we started on the new oceanic server? Questions like these need to be answered ASAP!

Again I ask why does leaacy name HAVE to be unique to one person? legacy is attached to account, there is no reason it can't be shared between different accounts, it is just a name.

In other MMO's I have played surnames/legacy names haven't been unique.

Many people made decisions based on the information Bioware gave in late December, namely that AP servers would be available on 1st March, and that free transfers would be available around that time.

I had initially planned to wait until the AP release, but changed my mind as a result of the information above.

It was Bioware's choice not to commit enough resources to achieve that timeline, and to tell us on the day of release that there would be a 2 month delay is extremely poor. Sorry, but a PR statement after a public backlash earns them very few points in my book.

Edited by ElectricFlea

Again I ask why does leaacy name HAVE to be unique to one person? legacy is attached to account, there is no reason it can't be shared between different accounts, it is just a name.

In other MMO's I have played surnames/legacy names haven't been unique.

What? The hell are you talking about, that has nothing to do with what I said, I'm talking about legacy level.

Edited by Vermas

Only asked because your knowledge in your original thread would have indicated otherwise.

Dont like the term blessing as it has a religious conotation, shall we say fortunate instead? Yes aussie's are fortunate to have local servers unlike most other MMO's we dont get the option. But what is fortunate for us is fortuitous for BW because it provides another incentive for us to continue to play this game.

Fair enough I concede the point about blessing and will say fortunate. In relation to to providing us an incentive for us to continue they have stated "You do not have to maintain an active subscription until character transfer is available". Im not going to say who is right in this situation and we shall agree to disagree (up to you on that point). BTW here is the link to page in which Stephen Reid posted it.http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=333956&page=38

I generally write with detached emotion my good fellow, informed facts are my forte. And as you said rerolling an existing class is not an option

Generally being the key word however the point being is we both have 50's and the fact of re-rolling after time and effort spent is just flushed down the drain.... or is it? You could just play on your 50's until the transfer. You do have a choice in this, no one is forcing you to play on the Oceanic servers.

Actually the term Red Zone was originally created by a player in that zone, the name came up on that massive forum thread when we found out that the southern hemisphere was not invited to play. Not allowing players of the Southern hemisphere to play if they obtained a copy of the game would have had far reaching consequences. Something that BW acknowledged but seems to be beyond your grasp.

If it was brought up by someone then I accept I am wrong. However, could you explain the consequences should they not have released in the Red Zones? I can only speak for myself here but I would of still played the game when it was launched here in the Oceanic region.

So says the forum poster who claimed that BW gave us the title of the Red Zone, practise what you preach. Get outside, move beyond your state boundaries and you might realise there is an entire world out there with people who think less of you than you think of yourself.

And what do we find beneath that bridge, a troll.

I'm not going to play the game of being belittling each other over this matter, because I believe your opinions as well as mine are valid within this argument.

I am however happy to have a face to face discussion with you unless you decided you would rather hide behind the keyboard :)

Edited by Shakydvs

Great that Assus' are finally getting some servers, sucks about the 2 month wait though. But I keep seeing "Australian/Asia transfers", what about the rest of us? Some servers are suffering badly in reguards to population. When are we going to get transfers?

I am however happy to have a face to face discussion with you unless you decided you would rather hide behind the keyboard :)

Hahaha whats this an idle threat of violence you punce, i'm a retired 43 yr old with 2 kids built like a brick **** house with plenty of time on my hands. Pm me the address is yours. if your game.

I see your point, I hadnt considered if you create an alt with the same legacy name on the oceanic server will that wipe your legacy levels & name from your importing characters?

made in another thread:

So we have been given a 2 month estimate till oceanics can transfer to oceanic servers. My question is (if anyone knows) will other oceanics who made a char after feb 28th (whenever it was) also be able to get a PAID transfer to oceanic servers?

Why? Well im well on my way to 30+ and i dont have the time to lvl a alt (work/social/study). So if a friend joins me on my server so we can play together, then both get a transfer.

Hahaha whats this an idle threat of violence you punce, i'm a retired 43 yr old with 2 kids built like a brick **** house with plenty of time on my hands. Pm me the address is yours. if your game.

No threat and I'm disappointed in you that you have taken it like that. I would of thought someone of your intelligence would understand that speaking face - face can actually prove to be more fruitful as people can confuse what's being said through typing. Words written can be misleading at the best of times, I'll just point your response as an example.

However I shall PM because I think we should clear the air and take this off line from the main point of this thread. :)

Edited by Shakydvs

What about Legacy XP? I don't mind having to choose a different Legacy name, but if I get to say legacy lvl 5 on an Aus server alt, will that xp be added to my legacy level from my main when they transfer over?

What about Legacy XP? I don't mind having to choose a different Legacy name, but if I get to say legacy lvl 5 on an Aus server alt, will that xp be added to my legacy level from my main when they transfer over?

Doubt it, since legacy is server based. It will be like the first time you leveled all over again.

Great that Assus' are finally getting some servers, sucks about the 2 month wait though. But I keep seeing "Australian/Asia transfers", what about the rest of us? Some servers are suffering badly in reguards to population. When are we going to get transfers?

Hello everyone. I can absolutely understand the frustrations expressed here, and I appreciate that for the most part, you're being constructive in your comments. Here's a little more insight into the situation.

The character transfer system is being actively worked on by the development team. It's a large, complex project, made more complicated by the Legacy System - and it has to work perfectly. As always, it is not the only task the team as a whole is undertaking, but it's a priority. It has not been deliberately delayed, nor is it being 'held back' for any reason. As you know, the first stage of the system will be a one-off, optional transfer for those who are based in the regions defined in our FAQ. At some point after that, we'll bring a more fully-featured character transfer system online for all to use.

I can understand the frustration of those of you who have been playing on the US servers and waiting for transfers. We know your enthusiasm and excitement for the game - you wouldn't have taken the steps you did to get the game earlier than the official launch if you weren't enthusiastic. We're working as hard as we can to get the system in place. If we could have brought it online earlier, we would have. However, priorities post-launch had to be directed towards the game itself. The team's been working flat-out to improve the game, including bug fixes and additional content.

When we announced our launch territories last year we knew many more fans were excited to play The Old Republic. That's why we moved quickly to launch in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore, with more territories being lined up for future launches. Our primary focus when launching in any new territory has to be to reach more players. Ultimately, that's best for the continuing success of the game. We want everyone who wishes to play on the new servers to be able to do so, hence character transfer being offered. With that said, in this case we felt it was important to get the game into the hands of new players as soon as possible. That, combined with our post-launch development priorities, meant that character transfer did not make our launch date for these territories.

The development team remains committed to delivering a robust character transfer system for all, with our first priority being for Asia-Pacific players. If we can bring the system to you earlier than expected, we will, but for now we’re aiming towards late April.

I think I may have seen it in the Dev Tracker, though transfers will be available soon after the Oceanic transfers. I'm guessing the logic is that once those willing have moved, they will have a better idea of players numbers on the US/EU servers.

Edit: Updated relevant post

Edited by Mjollnir

okay so now the question is if i create a new legacy name (make it my old one) will it merge with my transfered toons and combine legacy xp, or be forced to change that legacy name entirely and have two legacy's running at the same time; also am i going to lose my legacy xp (i know it usless anyway) as i am currently lvl 15 legacy.