Australian server transfer in LATE April!

melsione

Am I the only one that sees that it makes sense to wait 2 months before allowing transfers? To dump a bunch of 50's (with gear, cash, inventory, etc.) onto a brand new server where people are just now starting, i.e. lvl 1.

Honestly, if they provided transfers now, the new people just loading the game will be on here QQ about the transfers.

Bascially, you have 3 options, quit (can I have your stuff), wait 2 months (since you already been playing for 2 months) or re-roll (ya what a grind to re-level).

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao...u all complain cant transfer till april...if u could transfer now..u be enjoying massive server queues...7pm and pvp server already full without anyone transfering toons...ill wait until they add more servers..u can complain about missing out on sitting in queues

Server queues dont bother me as much as under handed tactics associated with terrible communication. Every MMO I have played has had server queues at some stage and i've learned to plan ahead to deal with them.

Edited by NoxiousAlby

lmao...u all complain cant transfer till april...if u could transfer now..u be enjoying massive server queues...7pm and pvp server already full without anyone transfering toons...ill wait until they add more servers..u can complain about missing out on sitting in queues

90% of the people would be current subscribers who are just enjoying mucking around with a nice low ping.

It will die down soon

Am I the only one that sees that it makes sense to wait 2 months before allowing transfers? To dump a bunch of 50's (with gear, cash, inventory, etc.) onto a brand new server where people are just now starting, i.e. lvl 1.

Honestly, if they provided transfers now, the new people just loading the game will be on here QQ about the transfers.

Bascially, you have 3 options, quit (can I have your stuff), wait 2 months (since you already been playing for 2 months) or re-roll (ya what a grind to re-level).

I rolled a character (since deleted) just to have a look at my ping and found that if you removed every character from the server that was an existing account you wouldnt have enough "new" players to form a flashpoint.

So the entire gear, cash, inventory arguement is rubbish. It would merely be a continuation of the 3 existing unofficial servers.

this is so retarted, how would it be any different to a new player starting on any other server??

If anything having 50's and everything else will make the server more balance because you have people already to farm mats, craft items, getting locked out by not having enough credits is bs, credits are easy to get but if ur the first person lvling on a server you wont have anything to spend them on because no lvl 50 will have been crafting youre purples for you to buy.

Because those 50's already have the cash, inventory and background on how the game is played. They set the price, ya that imbalanced.

Now would you accept a transfer if say you where only allowed to take half of what's in your inventory and your money was seriously cut in half? Probably not.

I rolled a character (since deleted) just to have a look at my ping and found that if you removed every character from the server that was an existing account you wouldnt have enough "new" players to form a flashpoint.

So the entire gear, cash, inventory arguement is rubbish. It would merely be a continuation of the 3 existing unofficial servers.

lol had to read that one like 3 times before it came over what you where trying to say, not your bad, it's late here. Somehow I find that a tad bit unlikely. Rolled every new area, hit fleet, /who how many times, talk to every single person there to see if they are new or existing? Can't argue my point is rubbish with well rubbish.

Edited by pzljug
I'm Tired!

Havent you typed this dribble earlier in this thread? Here's an idea i'll stop thinking of myself when you start paying my subscription.

why so worked up over this matter? you can still play, you can still transfer later.. being impatient and angry dont change the transfer date, mate.. its not that big of a deal...if it is then you might reconsider your priorities , this is just a game ^_^

why so worked up over this matter? you can still play, you can still transfer later.. being impatient and angry dont change the transfer date, mate.. its not that big of a deal...if it is then you might reconsider your priorities , this is just a game ^_^

He's mad :mad:

90% of the people would be current subscribers who are just enjoying mucking around with a nice low ping.

It will die down soon

agreed ^ exactly what I was doing, cant see myself staying on here tho... only maybe to lvl an alt when nothing much is happening on my main, that is if I dont just /gamequit this thing just out of pure frustration at how ridiculous this is.

please tell me how this is any difference to the experience of people who by the game in two weeks 3, 4 weeks time?

I started playing the game mid jan, and had absolutely no no dificulty or issue with 50's already being on the server, its not like there is any influence the game is basically solo until 50 anyway.

the thing im most pissed about is that I have to start out with 0 credits again, thats if I can even be bothered.

Because those 50's already have the cash, inventory and background on how the game is played. They set the price, ya that imbalanced.

Now would you accept a transfer if say you where only allowed to take half of what's in your inventory and your money was seriously cut in half? Probably not.

so what happens when the first person that rolls an alt gets to 50 in 3 days then caps his crafting and starts setting the price of purples?

hows that any different?

what will happen is the same on any other server people will see an item is selling for a price higher than the mats and craft it and under cut to get a faster sale the price comes down... derrrrrrrrr *wacking myself in the head pretending to be you*

please tell me how this is any difference to the experience of people who by the game in two weeks 3, 4 weeks time?

I started playing the game mid jan, and had absolutely no no dificulty or issue with 50's already being on the server, its not like there is any influence the game is basically solo until 50 anyway.

the thing im most pissed about is that I have to start out with 0 credits again, thats if I can even be bothered.

Thats one of the problems with everybody already being way past your level range, you cant do much of the group stuff while leveling, and seeing as though there really is no endgame, it makes the fun part of the game a solo experience...

because people have spent 1 up to 2 months playing characters etc, and they want to be able to play those characters, also people like my brother for example stoped playing because of the ping/lag issues and is waiting for Aus server to come online and transfer his toon, now I would say he will probably just laugh at how fail the situation is, and play a different game.

and I don't blame him.

the only reason they havnt transfered people already is they dont have the ability to yet that is the ONLY reason it hasnt been done.

Yep, absolutely correct. Their technical expertise is seriously lacking, and whoever is controlling the deadlines is only interested in one thing, their reputation to get things over the line on time. This same person will likely move on to bigger and better things, leaving the next guy to clean up his mess.

And oh what a mess it is.

Thats one of the problems with everybody already being way past your level range, you cant do much of the group stuff while leveling, and seeing as though there really is no endgame, it makes the fun part of the game a solo experience...

when I was lvling up my first 2 toons on swiftsure there was heaps of people running around my level but most of them didnt want to team up unless in my guild, because they dont know you get item and xp bonuses.

The one thing i just want to know, is can we be guaranteed out legacy names/xp whatever wont clash? will it definitely be worked out?

Im happy to re-roll my low level empire guy with 2 other friends just so another friend who missed the transfer deadline can play with us. Leaving our 35ish Repubs on Harbinger for time being.

BUT i dont want to level him up only to find theres some issue in 2 months, meh its been asked fifty times but we just dont know what to do!

The one thing i just want to know, is can we be guaranteed out legacy names/xp whatever wont clash? will it definitely be worked out?

Im happy to re-roll my low level empire guy with 2 other friends just so another friend who missed the transfer deadline can play with us. Leaving our 35ish Repubs on Harbinger for time being.

BUT i dont want to level him up only to find theres some issue in 2 months, meh its been asked fifty times but we just dont know what to do!

Yeah basically I want to at least know the answer to this. Can I start alts on the new servers and transfer my old characters/legacy over cleanly later? Without losing any of them?

Or you know, they could've opened 2 servers of each type - one for new players and one for xfers and new players. Like everyone else does. Then again, that would've required IQ above 50, which they obviously lack.

This idea has win writen all over it. The current servers are packed with newbies why not open onother 2 to let existing 50's transfer to. All we want is the same ping everyone else is paying for.

Yeah basically I want to at least know the answer to this. Can I start alts on the new servers and transfer my old characters/legacy over cleanly later? Without losing any of them?

Simple answer is - NO. BW is definitely going to screw this up. Without any doubt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilZeRo

the only reason they havnt transfered people already is they dont have the ability to yet that is the ONLY reason it hasnt been done.

Yep, absolutely correct. Their technical expertise is seriously lacking, and whoever is controlling the deadlines is only interested in one thing, their reputation to get things over the line on time. This same person will likely move on to bigger and better things, leaving the next guy to clean up his mess.

And oh what a mess it is.

I 100% agree just seems retarded as I would think, this would be an easy job for devs, isnt it just transfer files? how hard can it be?

Or you know, they could've opened 2 servers of each type - one for new players and one for xfers and new players. Like everyone else does. Then again, that would've required IQ above 50, which they obviously lack.

This idea has win writen all over it. The current servers are packed with newbies why not open onother 2 to let existing 50's transfer to. All we want is the same ping everyone else is paying for.

*********** bump this amen to both of you are spot on.

obviously they just dont know how to do it. I cant see the value of pissing everyone off, which is pretty much the entire swiftsure server and the other PVE oceanic designated.

This is really not fair to those who have been waiting to play with local people, as Bioware promised.

I suggest all those affected by this speak up, and encourage others to do so. Only through people power we can encourage Bioware to make this right.

/signed

Doubt it as a Australian I'm very happy to wait to transfer my 50

And will level a Alt on Dar Nala until then

also lots of new players on there Last night and i had a blast

why are you happy to wait to transfer you're main? obviously ur sick of playing, on the other hand I just got to lvl 50 and cbf re rolling

You didn't have to buy it before it launched in your region. You could have waited. It would be unfair to those who did wait for you to pop in within the 1st week in full Nightmare Mode Raid Gear or in your Battlemaster set. you'd have a huge advantage in crafting as well. You're being selfish and unreasonable. Realize that. :rolleyes:

how is someone running around at lvl 15 going to be disadvantaged by me being lvl 50??

how is it any different to people someone signing up to the game post first 2 weeks of launch??

To be blunt, I really don't know what you Aussies have to complain about. You purchased a game from overseas to play on a overseas server...

Actually, for those that pre-ordered, there was no mention of Asia/Pac servers on the horizon. The news was released on the 21st of December, if I recall correctly. By that time, I'd already been playing for five or six days, then the downtime. We bought the game because we wanted to play. Having Aussie-side servers is a huge plus, but it wasn't knowing they would be there that encouraged us to do so.

And to be honest, most of us aren't complaining about the idea of transfers. Some have said they'd be willing to pay for it, so it's not that it's free. It's that it was implied that the transfers would be close to Asia/Pac launch, not two months afterwards. We are paying as much (or more) as those in Europe and the US for our subs. We expected, wrongly or rightly, that this would mean that there would be a bit better communication from the company we trust to make this game.

For me, I'd be happy to hear someone from Bioware tell us why it's not happening. Given that there are quite a number of threads like this one, despite collation to this thread, it seems that a number of people are annoyed, and that information about this is not forthcoming.