Australian server transfer in LATE April!

melsione

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible Opening of Oceanic Servers. | Today , 12:01 AM

So why wouldnt you let transfers first?

My guild is popular on The Swifture, and have many people who dont like us,

So when the server came out, people stole our names and guild names and are impersonating us.

Will anything be done against this?

I am an Australian player- can you confirm that I will still be eligible for the character transfers if I cancel my account until late april, or whether I'm expected to maintain an active subscription until that date.

You do not have to maintain an active subscription until character transfer is available. From the FAQ:

To qualify for free character transfers, players must meet the following requirements by Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT:

You specified that your country is Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, or Singapore during your account registration process.

Redeemed an Official Game Production Registration Code on
Code Redemption Center.

Have had or currently have entered
a valid recurring payment method or redeemed a Pre-Paid Game Time Code.

Only characters created on The Old Republic servers by February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT qualify for transfers.

Characters created by qualified players on a non-Asia Pacific server after the February 28th deadline will not qualify for transfers to Asia Pacific servers.

Emphasis above is mine, but basically as long as you have been a subscriber at some point and meet the other criteria, you're eligible.

Just a sec! That's a bit unfair to say "you shouldn't have been playing" how would you feel if your entire country got left off the bucket list to start with. Then after 3 months while the whole world plays, finally get a place to call your own only to get left with the only choice of re rolling because of another half a s sed job at implementing something. FFS bioware, are you taking the p i s s? I can't imagine how poor your programmers must be, I'm assuming it's because both Blizzard and Trion are to busy being successful and can't spoon feed you at this point, April is their only down time I guess.

Going off-topic here but what I want to know is if we create a new toon on the oceanic servers, finish act 1 and unlock legacy, what will happen when we transfer our existing toon from the US servers over?

Terrible Opening of Oceanic Servers. | Today , 12:01 AM

So why wouldnt you let transfers first?

My guild is popular on The Swifture, and have many people who dont like us,

So when the server came out, people stole our names and guild names and are impersonating us.

Will anything be done against this?

So how come your guild didnt make a concerted effort to have a few peeps or anyone concerned about their name jump on the server and reserve them? The same with the guild name.

Hello everyone. I can absolutely understand the frustrations expressed here, and I appreciate that for the most part, you're being constructive in your comments. Here's a little more insight into the situation.

The character transfer system is being actively worked on by the development team. It's a large, complex project, made more complicated by the Legacy System - and it has to work perfectly. As always, it is not the only task the team as a whole is undertaking, but it's a priority. It has not been deliberately delayed, nor is it being 'held back' for any reason. As you know, the first stage of the system will be a one-off, optional transfer for those who are based in the regions defined in our FAQ. At some point after that, we'll bring a more fully-featured character transfer system online for all to use.

I can understand the frustration of those of you who have been playing on the US servers and waiting for transfers. We know your enthusiasm and excitement for the game - you wouldn't have taken the steps you did to get the game earlier than the official launch if you weren't enthusiastic. We're working as hard as we can to get the system in place. If we could have brought it online earlier, we would have. However, priorities post-launch had to be directed towards the game itself. The team's been working flat-out to improve the game, including bug fixes and additional content.

When we announced our launch territories last year we knew many more fans were excited to play The Old Republic. That's why we moved quickly to launch in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore, with more territories being lined up for future launches. Our primary focus when launching in any new territory has to be to reach more players. Ultimately, that's best for the continuing success of the game. We want everyone who wishes to play on the new servers to be able to do so, hence character transfer being offered. With that said, in this case we felt it was important to get the game into the hands of new players as soon as possible. That, combined with our post-launch development priorities, meant that character transfer did not make our launch date for these territories.

The development team remains committed to delivering a robust character transfer system for all, with our first priority being for Asia-Pacific players. If we can bring the system to you earlier than expected, we will, but for now we’re aiming towards late April.

Thankyou very much for coming and talking to us, you may not realize how much it is appreciated. The only question I would ask is if there would be some way to preserve the legacy names of players who have had them for months already then there would be nothing for us to worry about.

Again thankyou Stephen, direct communication like this may take a bit of time for you but it is greatly appreciated by the community and goes a long way to creating a more understanding environment.

My god, you really are a pack of whingers.

I'm just wondering what university you attended to gain that level of intelligence? We are upset so yes when our only out let is here yes we will whine, unless, you with your words of total wisdom can answer our questions and ease our minds?

Edited by Lenzzo

I'm just wondering what university attended to gain that level of intelligence? We are upset so yes when our only out let is here yes we will whine, unless, you with your words of total wisdom can answer our questions and ease our minds?

Heh University of Sydney funnily enough.

Its just that now we are getting our own servers which is awesome, something we always cry out for in mmo's or whatever and we are getting it.

But because we have to wait a bit for transfer I'm seeing accusations like "totally disgusting!" or "Is bioware stupid?!", or "I'll quit if I have to wait!".....

I was not trying to be insulting, you really do sound like a pack of whingers.

So how come your guild didnt make a concerted effort to have a few peeps or anyone concerned about their name jump on the server and reserve them? The same with the guild name.

This is what our guild did. We were the first guild made on the new server. WE had a bunch of guildies group up and rush through content to get anough cash to form a guild and it was done. I know at least I reserved all my current toons names as well on Imperial side.

Hello everyone. I can absolutely understand the frustrations expressed here, and I appreciate that for the most part, you're being constructive in your comments. Here's a little more insight into the situation.

The character transfer system is being actively worked on by the development team. It's a large, complex project, made more complicated by the Legacy System - and it has to work perfectly. As always, it is not the only task the team as a whole is undertaking, but it's a priority. It has not been deliberately delayed, nor is it being 'held back' for any reason. As you know, the first stage of the system will be a one-off, optional transfer for those who are based in the regions defined in our FAQ. At some point after that, we'll bring a more fully-featured character transfer system online for all to use.

I can understand the frustration of those of you who have been playing on the US servers and waiting for transfers. We know your enthusiasm and excitement for the game - you wouldn't have taken the steps you did to get the game earlier than the official launch if you weren't enthusiastic. We're working as hard as we can to get the system in place. If we could have brought it online earlier, we would have. However, priorities post-launch had to be directed towards the game itself. The team's been working flat-out to improve the game, including bug fixes and additional content.

When we announced our launch territories last year we knew many more fans were excited to play The Old Republic. That's why we moved quickly to launch in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore, with more territories being lined up for future launches. Our primary focus when launching in any new territory has to be to reach more players. Ultimately, that's best for the continuing success of the game. We want everyone who wishes to play on the new servers to be able to do so, hence character transfer being offered. With that said, in this case we felt it was important to get the game into the hands of new players as soon as possible. That, combined with our post-launch development priorities, meant that character transfer did not make our launch date for these territories.

The development team remains committed to delivering a robust character transfer system for all, with our first priority being for Asia-Pacific players. If we can bring the system to you earlier than expected, we will, but for now we’re aiming towards late April.

Its disapointing the service isn't ready now. hopefully it can be offered sooner then late april.

late march/early april would be better. honestly thought youd have the service ready for oceanic server release though.

Edited by avimeso

I asked the question somewhere else but WHY do Legacy names HAVE to be unique to one person. It would be totally unbelievable that in an entire universe their is only 1 family (your characters) with that surname.

I just don't see why that is a big issue to be honest. Fair enough I don't think many people would pick mine and some people want to be unique but it shouldn't only be limited to 1 unique surname per server.

If it's a technical issue or just vanity I am unsure but it just seems weird to me.

Actually by the look of things I have been around longer than you.

Only asked because your knowledge in your original thread would have indicated otherwise.

- Server transfers are a blessing, please show proof that they already have in place and will guarantee transfers for players by X date? To my knowledge they will have transfers which is keeping to their promise of allowing transfers.

Dont like the term blessing as it has a religious conotation, shall we say fortunate instead? Yes aussie's are fortunate to have local servers unlike most other MMO's we dont get the option. But what is fortunate for us is fortuitous for BW because it provides another incentive for us to continue to play this game.

- I have 2 50's and another almost at 50 however I agree no one wants to reroll the same class you have how many other classes to choose from? Jug/Mara = same story but a different class (weird its designed like that but I guess people like you who write with emotion dont seem to understand the difference).

I generally write with detached emotion my good fellow, informed facts are my forte. And as you said rerolling an existing class is not an option

- Yes assurances of no IP blocking, assurances also that the game will not be OFFICIALLY launched for the Oceanic zones.... I believe they called it RED ZONES. That means if you actually bother to look up, even if you purchase the game they do not have to support you because you're playing outside the supported regions. Hmmm go figure huh?

Actually the term Red Zone was originally created by a player in that zone, the name came up on that massive forum thread when we found out that the southern hemisphere was not invited to play. Not allowing players of the Southern hemisphere to play if they obtained a copy of the game would have had far reaching consequences. Something that BW acknowledged but seems to be beyond your grasp.

How about do some research prior to calling out someone for irrational emotional responses, when you yourself seem to be writing with a huge amount of irrational emotional anger thinking world and Bioware owes you everything.

So says the forum poster who claimed that BW gave us the title of the Red Zone, practise what you preach. Get outside, move beyond your state boundaries and you might realise there is an entire world out there with people who think less of you than you think of yourself.

Remember its not all about you and ideals of the world and Bioware owes me everything. You just need to learn to build a bridge and move on.

And what do we find beneath that bridge, a troll.

Edited by NoxiousAlby

That's fair enough. Sure, it is frustrating to wait for a transfer, I think what would be monumentally more frustrating is a bugged transfer system that was rolled out too early.

I'd prefer you guys take a few more weeks and get it right so when I do transfer, I don't need to spend days waiting on customer service ticket automated-bot responses.

do you really want that fellas? Just roll a new toon, even with 2 kids and working all week, I can still manage it in a week or 3.

Heh University of Sydney funnily enough.

Its just that now we are getting our own servers which is awesome, something we always cry out for in mmo's or whatever and we are getting it.

But because we have to wait a bit for transfer I'm seeing accusations like "totally disgusting!" or "Is bioware stupid?!", or "I'll quit if I have to wait!".....

I was not trying to be insulting, you really do sound like a pack of whingers.

Then try and sound like an educated person form Sydney Uni

It's not just the time factor that has players concerned, If you have 3 lvl 50's and other multiple level characters it's the potential loss of your character names and even worse your legacy name. Although this may mean absolutely nothing to you, dont attempt to belittle others for whom it is a concern.

Edited by NoxiousAlby

You do not have to maintain an active subscription until character transfer is available. From the FAQ:

To qualify for free character transfers, players must meet the following requirements by Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT:

You specified that your country is Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, or Singapore during your account registration process.

Redeemed an Official Game Production Registration Code on
Code Redemption Center.

Have had or currently have entered
a valid recurring payment method or redeemed a Pre-Paid Game Time Code.

Only characters created on The Old Republic servers by February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT qualify for transfers.

Characters created by qualified players on a non-Asia Pacific server after the February 28th deadline will not qualify for transfers to Asia Pacific servers.

Emphasis above is mine, but basically as long as you have been a subscriber at some point and meet the other criteria, you're eligible.

:ph_cheers:

Then try and sound like an educated person form Sydney Uni

It's not just the time factor that has players concerned, If you have 3 lvl 50's and other multiple level characters it's the potential loss of your character names and even worse your legacy name. Although this may mean absolutely nothing to you, dont attempt to belittle others for whom it is a concern.

True, true I understand that. But its just the way it is. Things cant always be exactly the way you want them. It appears in this forum that some people are just never happy.

Its completely your right to be really really upset by this, just as it is my right to find this self-entitled mewling and complaining over the awesome new Oceanic servers very annoying.

I would love to be able to transfer my toons over today! But I cant so.....whatever. We have been given options with our own servers, which is a good thing.

In any case, its all good fun. :p

perhaps they are having issues with getting server transfers to work properly?

stop crying and just be patient, they are not trying to intentionally disappoint there fans...

it would be funny if they let you transfer and your character ended up on the other server naked because inpatient morons cried to bioware to let them transfer before they fixed the bugs with server transfers...

seriously chill out 2 months is not that long

2 months on 250+ping haha good joke buddy

First off all i love the game so i wont quit, but my question is if i roll a toon on aus server will he get my legacy when i transfer???; i have lvl 50 sniper and 35 sorcerer so im not too happy having to deal with this highish ping...

I was thinking Ill keep playing my mains on the US till transfers are up. Made the mistake of rolling an alt to check the ping. 30 ping....yeah Im not going back the US servers.

soooo much time invested on the US servers that is no use to me at this point.