Australian server transfer in LATE April!

melsione

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am assuming one of the main reasons having the transfers in 2months is so the server has a chance to form an identity of its own and not have a whole bunch of 50s from the outset, this makes it fair for players starting out who didn't buy the game when it was released to NA and EU, its only fair to give these servers a chance to start out and not have 50s flood and ruin the economy.

stop complaining, level an alt on the server with everyone else and when your turn comes, transfer your 50 over.

Generally when a new server comes out they give it some time for new players to start off... rather than having new players just get trashed by all the people who have full gear sets already. Nothing new, is done all the time for good reason.

Figures though that everything that gets added for Aussies will get whined on endlessly, considering how many were comparing not getting the game at launch was the equivalent to apartheid back in November.

I really can't wait to see how dead the currently highly populated US servers become once we leave. How great it will feel to finally see these american trolls being forced to acknowledge how much of their server was made up of us. Down rate me if you must, quote and deny this, but can you write this down on a piece of paper, and place it in an envelope marked "Open on April 30th" please:

"From your mates down under... L O L"

kkthxbai

I am assuming one of the main reasons having the transfers in 2months is so the server has a chance to form an identity of its own and not have a whole bunch of 50s from the outset, this makes it fair for players starting out who didn't buy the game when it was released to NA and EU, its only fair to give these servers a chance to start out and not have 50s flood and ruin the economy.

stop complaining, level an alt on the server with everyone else and when your turn comes, transfer your 50 over.

Well said. This makes complete sense and the best reply in this thread. Leveling a Sith while I wait for the transfers.

I have to say I'm still not understanding why they gated the release of the game based on country in the first place. My ticketed response was something about "maintaining the integrity of the servers" with no explanation whatsoever holding back on the release for people not living in the Americas or Europe would lead to more quality servers.

Usually when new servers are opened up server transfers are free and not just for in the case of special servers like in a new location, like this scenario, for one specific reason alone - TO have max level characters on the server. So it isn't a server with credit-starved people meaning crafting professions and even gathering professions are pointless as no-one can afford to buy what you're crafting. Even when a game is properly developed at launch, or at the very beginning of an expansion, people will always do it far harder than people who begin playing later on or catch up a couple of weeks later for this very reason. So considering how false and how different this is to what any other MMO's do I don't think this would be the reason. A wide, varied community is generally considered healthy and flourishing.

It's not a good marketing strategy to force people to have to start all over again without their mains and wait until they can have them all on the same server. Yes, some people do like to have characters on different servers, but this is something which should be purely individual and not due to the game itself other than exceeding character limit on a server. Because it's so much harder.

They are delayed because they don't have the technology to do mass character transfers. It's not as easy as saying go roll an alt etc etc No one knows how legacy will be transferred and if legacies on different severs will merge or conflict. Know one knows this. Please stop complaining? Seriously..... Please stop assuming.

Most likely it is a second priority to patch 1.2.

Bioware's devs are probably full force on ensuring the patch has a smooth release, along with all features. Once that is completed, I imagine they'll begin investigating the smoothest programming methods for effective transfer, as a bi-product Legacy will need to be investigated as to what will happen upon a transfer.

Roll a new character if you want to, if not what's another month or so when you've probably been playing for 5.

I would just really appreciate a delayed restart/patch installation on Tuesdays, as it is still shutting down in our prime time. 6:00pm until 2:00am on average.

The Oceanic release was never about transferring characters, it's about marketing and selling the game in those areas with the promise of having local low-latency servers. The move is more of a courtesy than anything else in my view, they want to do right by the existing players but it would make zero financial sense to cripple their sales in those areas for two months while they get the transfer process shaken out. It's not a trivial thing, most likely, to consider all eventualities involved in moving character such as legacies, guilds, etc and yada yada.

So the move is a separate consideration from selling the game and will happen as soon as they can get it sorted out I'm sure.

Meanwhile, torstatus claims that both Dalborra and Master Dar'Nala are trending towards full as we speak... I wonder how that will affect the move. Maybe they need to put up one more server in that region to handle the flow.

I'll add this as well, at no point are Bioware even obliged to organise or offer realm transfers.

The majority of people wanting transfers went to overseas sites to purchase the game when it was officially not for sale or available in Australia.

I've rolled a new character and it is dead easy to level because each planet has at least two instances populated to 100-190. I'm not even playing that hard and have reached level 30 already.

I'll add this as well, at no point are Bioware even obliged to organise or offer realm transfers.

The majority of people wanting transfers went to overseas sites to purchase the game when it was officially not for sale or available in Australia.

I've rolled a new character and it is dead easy to level because each planet has at least two instances populated to 100-190. I'm not even playing that hard and have reached level 30 already.

Have to agree with this. I say their doing us a great favour. Can't think of any other mmorpgs that went to the trouble of hosting Aus servers.

+1 from me Bioware

Edited by Missfitt

I'm sorry if this has been covered but there seems to be some confusion in my guild and the FAQ isn't clear so i thought that I'd ask.

Is the character transfer for all the characters on a server or one characer? I can see that this question has been asked before but I can't see a straight answer or a link to the right answer.

Thank!

I'm sorry if this has been covered but there seems to be some confusion in my guild and the FAQ isn't clear so i thought that I'd ask.

Is the character transfer for all the characters on a server or one characer? I can see that this question has been asked before but I can't see a straight answer or a link to the right answer.

Thank!

At one point a Dev/CSR said all characters would be eligible, as long as you were transferring from/to approved servers.

I think there was also mention that there would be no guild transfers, which would require creating the guild from scratch on the new server if you were looking to move as a group.

Of course, this is subject to change, and not always with any sort of notice beforehand.

I did not play from the start, so correct me if I'm wrong.

The servers a few months ago were constantly full and you had to wait in a queue. I assume that some people complained, so they launched new servers.

Now look what happened? People are now asking for server merges, because you players who were complaining for more servers couldn't get your act together and keep the servers populated.

Now you want them to repeat that mistake, by launching another aussie server, and diluting the population of both servers?

That's not very palatable after becoming attached to a 300 hour old character.

You've obviously got the time to putting in to create more of them.

Stop being a victim and roll a new toon on the new servers.

If you want your legacy name, go reserve it. If you sit around for 2 months waiting, you deserve what you get.

The game has only been out 3 months. Whatever you did in 3 months can be replaced, especially if you spacebar through it.

Yeah, this is going to make me quit - I have friends who are rolling on the new server and I want to play with them - having to wait almost two freaking months to play with my friends without rolling a new character...

Why wouldn't you roll a new character? Is running people through all the lowbie stuff fun? Id rather play as equals with my friends then have to babysit low level characters through content I get nothing from.

they lose legacy and all work gained like crafting and currency

No, they don't.

It's been confirmed in the summit that if you transfer from a US Server to an Aussie Server, the highest Legacy wins. The lowest Legacy will be absorbed into the higher one.

Are you seriously this ignorant - dude they dont allow the server transfers straight away for a couple of reasons

- the economic system on these aus servers would be extremley unbalanced for the people who have just started

- gives people time who have just got the game and get to 50 as well as pvp gear to compete with the ones that could cross server, so thus extremely unbalanced