Australian server transfer in LATE April!

melsione

Are you seriously this ignorant - dude they dont allow the server transfers straight away for a couple of reasons

- the economic system on these aus servers would be extremley unbalanced for the people who have just started

- gives people time who have just got the game and get to 50 as well as pvp gear to compete with the ones that could cross server, so thus extremely unbalanced

You gotta be pretty *********** stupid to think that influx of level 50 with a lot of credits is anything, but beneficial for low level players. Have you actually played MMOs before?

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta be pretty *********** stupid to think that influx of level 50 with a lot of credits is anything, but beneficial for low level players. Have you actually played MMOs before?

The level 50s have unfair advantage over the new players, and will taint the server.

You already see in WoW that copper are some of the most expensive stuff in the AH because the majority of people who buy them are rich players who want to level blacksmithing for their toons.

This results in new players not being able to afford anything due to overly-inflated prices.

Also in WoW, there are complaints from people at PvE -> PvP transfers being available, because due to the PvP nature of the PvP servers, it is more difficult for PvP servers to gather mats. PvE characters are richer relatively and they would have unfair advantage over the people in the PvP servers.

You say level 50 with a lot of credits is beneficial to low level players? How so? I just listed one way in which they will be harmful.

You've obviously got the time to putting in to create more of them.

Stop being a victim and roll a new toon on the new servers.

If you want your legacy name, go reserve it. If you sit around for 2 months waiting, you deserve what you get.

The game has only been out 3 months. Whatever you did in 3 months can be replaced, especially if you spacebar through it.

And just how do i space bar through 82 Valour?

PVE tunnel vison is still a horrible spreading disease i see.

I relented, and rolled another character on the Oceanic Servers, name same, and I have now created my Legacy name. Same as my main. Yes, it was a pain, but the servers are so quiet, it's not that hard to do.

The level 50s have unfair advantage over the new players, and will taint the server.

You already see in WoW that copper are some of the most expensive stuff in the AH because the majority of people who buy them are rich players who want to level blacksmithing for their toons.

This results in new players not being able to afford anything due to overly-inflated prices.

Also in WoW, there are complaints from people at PvE -> PvP transfers being available, because due to the PvP nature of the PvP servers, it is more difficult for PvP servers to gather mats. PvE characters are richer relatively and they would have unfair advantage over the people in the PvP servers.

You say level 50 with a lot of credits is beneficial to low level players? How so? I just listed one way in which they will be harmful.

Have you actually ever played any MMO before? Ever?

You know what lower levels/new players can do with copper? They mine it and they sell it on AH. I started at least 3 brand new characters from scratch on 3 different servers with no way to supply myself with my mains' gold. I picked mining/herbing/skinning and easily made couple of thousand of gold by the time I got to 60.

Why would you buy expensive mats as a lowbie on the AH? That's just stupid.

Nobody even complained about gathering skills between PVP and PVE server. Chance of getting ganked on a PVP server was so miniscule that in a long run, I am talking about 10000s of gatherings, the difference would've been under 1%.

You were not meant to start playing till the servers were available, didn't you get the memo from EA.

After all, most australians buy their games from local stores at local prices right?

/sarcasm

In other news Game Australia is looking for a buyer

Must be pretty nice getting a transfer, while all the light servers asking for them are being kept in the dark....

Aka be happy you're at least getting updates.

Not really. The transfer system, once it can handle the Aussies, et al, will be implemented for the wider community, I'm sure. The reason for the hold up is the software to do the transfers. That's been repeatedly repeated. Just people don't listen so well, I guess.

The light server population is linked to the transfers issue. If they had the ability, we'd be on different servers. Because they don't have the ability in place, or haven't got it sorted yet, it means we're still (myself included, on Vulkar Highway at o'god o'clock US time) waiting where we are.

tl;dr - support the Aussie transfer process, it will end well for the whole community.

I know it's most likely not going to get a response. But I am an Australian player- can you confirm that I will still be eligible for the character transfers if I cancel my account until late april, or whether I'm expected to maintain an active subscription until that date.

sorry wrong post here

Edited by Mythdemonx
Wrong person to make a quote on XD

Hello everyone. I can absolutely understand the frustrations expressed here, and I appreciate that for the most part, you're being constructive in your comments. Here's a little more insight into the situation.

The character transfer system is being actively worked on by the development team. It's a large, complex project, made more complicated by the Legacy System - and it has to work perfectly. As always, it is not the only task the team as a whole is undertaking, but it's a priority. It has not been deliberately delayed, nor is it being 'held back' for any reason. As you know, the first stage of the system will be a one-off, optional transfer for those who are based in the regions defined in our FAQ. At some point after that, we'll bring a more fully-featured character transfer system online for all to use.

I can understand the frustration of those of you who have been playing on the US servers and waiting for transfers. We know your enthusiasm and excitement for the game - you wouldn't have taken the steps you did to get the game earlier than the official launch if you weren't enthusiastic. We're working as hard as we can to get the system in place. If we could have brought it online earlier, we would have. However, priorities post-launch had to be directed towards the game itself. The team's been working flat-out to improve the game, including bug fixes and additional content.

When we announced our launch territories last year we knew many more fans were excited to play The Old Republic. That's why we moved quickly to launch in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore, with more territories being lined up for future launches. Our primary focus when launching in any new territory has to be to reach more players. Ultimately, that's best for the continuing success of the game. We want everyone who wishes to play on the new servers to be able to do so, hence character transfer being offered. With that said, in this case we felt it was important to get the game into the hands of new players as soon as possible. That, combined with our post-launch development priorities, meant that character transfer did not make our launch date for these territories.

The development team remains committed to delivering a robust character transfer system for all, with our first priority being for Asia-Pacific players. If we can bring the system to you earlier than expected, we will, but for now we’re aiming towards late April.

Hey there,

You know its not really the point we all want char transfer as this will probably only cost us more money. The point is you have too MANY server so a server merge will do more then get a system up that is not really gonna solve it, What I mean is people will transfer but this will work out like people will actually just switch places with each other (without knowing ofcourse) and then the problem will still exist!!

So how are you gonna fix that is the big question then?

The only option you will have then is place a number behind every server with how many people are there and the max of a server, example --> 1356/2000 (1356 people on the server from the 2000 that can).

Keep that in mind and work on that ;)

This is not a priority i guess.. patch 1.2 release is more important than a regional server transfer (only to 3 server). i hope bioware prioritize the core stuff rather than this minor procedure..

seems like a lot of lv50 already in oceanic servers.. and ping to oceanic servers actually worse than ping to US servers even when im next door to australia.. they should based the SWTOR oceanic region in singapore as it is the central HUB for all south east asian nations..

hey not sure if this has been answered already or not, when server transfers eventually come will there be more aus servers created to handle the transfers or will the current ones surfice, ive spent a bit time on the PvE Aus server but always seems packed, anyone know whats the go?

hey not sure if this has been answered already or not, when server transfers eventually come will there be more aus servers created to handle the transfers or will the current ones surfice

Given the general belief that server mergers are required in general US servers, I can't see them opening more Oceanic servers straight away. The delay between launch and transfer, whilst caused by software and other game issues, also serves to be a smaller scale version of the red zone / green zone segregation of the initial launch - e.g. 'guarantee' of quality of play experience which we all lived through and whilst we might have griped about it we were just happy to be playing.

Personally I am more worried about 2 things that I'm sure others will be having to face in the near future when server transfers start.

1) which characters are going to be deleted or left behind (8 on 1st server and 2 started on new Oceanic server to make sure I had a place -> 8 spots only)

2) are there going to be any restrictions? - Blizz in their infinite wisdom have set limits on cash and commodities that can be transferred with a character - are BW going to do the same?

Not really. The transfer system, once it can handle the Aussies, et al, will be implemented for the wider community, I'm sure. The reason for the hold up is the software to do the transfers. That's been repeatedly repeated. Just people don't listen so well, I guess.

The light server population is linked to the transfers issue. If they had the ability, we'd be on different servers. Because they don't have the ability in place, or haven't got it sorted yet, it means we're still (myself included, on Vulkar Highway at o'god o'clock US time) waiting where we are.

tl;dr - support the Aussie transfer process, it will end well for the whole community.

Exactly Aussie transfers = Character Transfer Service Beta :D

Hello everyone. I can absolutely understand the frustrations expressed here, and I appreciate that for the most part, you're being constructive in your comments. Here's a little more insight into the situation.

I like the little "for the most part" jab...

You know, if you guys would have RESPONDED to us PAYING customers a bit sooner then people wouldn't have given frustrated un-constructive comments.

You keeping your community in the dark brought this on yourself and you have nobody to blame for that blunder other than your team's complete lack of customer service. You're really showing us how inept you guys are at running an MMO.

Contribute more to the community. Not only was this a vague response; you didn't even hint at server mergers or any concerns at how many people can't enjoy this "new content" with nobody to play with.

It would be one thing if we ran around talking about boycotting your game but we just want to play it to the potential it can be played but it seems your decisions at the dev level are making it hard.

Edited by Kurfer

.. I have not gotten any email regarding the transfer; I wonder if this will have any impact on when when we can transfer.

I got enough emails from Blizzard; and I don't even play their game.. but from BW / SWTOR; nada, ziltch... nothing. =(

I like the little "for the most part" jab...

You know, if you guys would have RESPONDED to us PAYING customers a bit sooner then people wouldn't have given frustrated un-constructive comments.

You keeping your community in the dark brought this on yourself and you have nobody to blame for that blunder other than your team's complete lack of customer service. You're really showing us how inept you guys are at running an MMO.

Contribute more to the community. Not only was this a vague response; you didn't even hint at server mergers or any concerns at how many people can't enjoy this "new content" with nobody to play with.

It would be one thing if we ran around talking about boycotting your game but we just want to play it to the potential it can be played but it seems your decisions at the dev level are making it hard.

First world problems. :D

This is serious business.