Australian server transfer in LATE April!

melsione

My Issue will all this is simple. I was given the expectation that transfers would be available soon after launch and they are not.

I have no issues with playing my main on us servers till the transfer. infact once i got my names setup on the new servers, i logged into my main to do my dailys at 11:00 EST.

If i roll an alt I will roll it on the new servers, once again no issues. The problem is the time I spend on my alt on the new server gives me no legacy on my main. Also, as indicated earlier, I was given the wrong expectation.

Its not like they realized today that they cant transfer for 2 months. They knew it a while back, and we as customers should have been told at that time. If its not available, we cant do much abt it, but I would have planned accordingly.

Dropping something this big on customers after launch, is not a good way of building your CS reputation.

Edited by sankalp

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fkn oath!

"influx of new players" - WHAT influx of new players? Everyone in Oceania who had any interest in this game already bought their copy and is playing on the US servers...

I think there would be a whole lot more players to the game, if those who are already playing the game, were not currently p*ssed off, and unwilling to bring the friends and families to the game, which they have been enjoying.

I'm not sure Bioware is familiar with the concept of word of mouth advertising.

Wow, how short sighted and selfish so many people can be.

In regards to the OP and topic, you make a lot of demands of Bioware etc all because you chose to pre-order overseas.

First up, how about because it's nice to allow the new AU players get up and running first?

Let the server economies get going and fresh people to level up before a swarm of L50's transfer across to unbalance the whole thing. Granted it's more of an issue on the PvP server but it's still a valid reason.

Yeah it sucks if you already have L50's but that's a decision we made when we imported and played early on the overseas servers. Then they have to set up the tech side of things to do so.

Pretty much everyone I spoke to on the server last night didn't have that big a problem with it for these reasons. I hope Bioware understands the majority of players understand and are patient. The few players QQ'ing in here on purely selfish reasons are the selfish minority.

I for one am very grateful we have AU servers finally. The 50ms ping for me in VIC is awesome. :D

I don't understand why people expected that they would be able to transfer immediately. I had hoped for 1 month before transfers, but I did expect 2 months. My thought was that BW would give the time for new players rolling there to get to 50. Obviously their expectation of the time is 2 months.

The reason is simple, if they allowed transfers within the week, tranfers will bring recipes, gear, credits, epeen, cheap stuff they bought on the AH, stacks of mats. etc to a server where new players are just getting off the starter planets. They would dominate the market (for whatever that is worth) and PvP for a while.

BW just got the aussie playing community to sub for another 3 months as a result. The two month wait pretty much means that any toon that is not 50 and fully geared is not worth the wait. Players planning to level alts would make them in the new servers.

Here's the thing, I dont think what you are suggesting would have a major impact and let me explain why. Last night Swifture was only standard, first time i have seen that server as low as it was and yet one of the Oceanic servers was full.

My guess is that alot of players already in possession of the game re-rolled alts on the Oceanic servers last night, this resulted in lower than usual occupancy rates amongst the unofficial aussie servers on the US west coast. Only BW/EA can tell us how many copies of the games was sold overnight in the Asia Pacific region, but it is my belief that the greater majority of players who wanted to play already have copies.

If this is the case making players wait 2 months to transfer to give "new" players of the game time to catch up is a complete waste of time.

fkn oath!

"influx of new players" - WHAT influx of new players? Everyone in Oceania who had any interest in this game already bought their copy and is playing on the US servers...

Quoted for truth, have not seen any advertising for the game at all. Most gamers who havent bought it wouldnt even know the games available here. Games stores arent marketing it, and I sure as hell wont go out of my way to tell people it's available now lol.

Here's the thing, I dont think what you are suggesting would have a major impact and let me explain why. Last night Swifture was only standard, first time i have seen that server as low as it was and yet one of the Oceanic servers was full.

My guess is that alot of players already in possession of the game re-rolled alts on the Oceanic servers last night, this resulted in lower than usual occupancy rates amongst the unofficial aussie servers on the US west coast. Only BW/EA can tell us how many copies of the games was sold overnight in the Asia Pacific region, but it is my belief that the greater majority of players who wanted to play already have copies.

If this is the case making players wait 2 months to transfer to give "new" players of the game time to catch up is a complete waste of time.

My experience seemed consistent with that as well. It was obvious in general chat that the vast majority were experienced players, and the people questing around me in the starting area all appeared to know what they were doing.

Obviously there will be some new players, but it's probably no different from when an MMO releases a new expansion.

Here i was logging in to thank BW for giving us Physical servers located here in Australia which I feel is pretty epic of them. But i see we will have to wait till late April for transfers which is a very big change from the week or two we were originally advised.

....sigh.... this is VERY dissapointing, talk about a shambles, do i now consider the charachters ive been leveling and loving to play as nothng more than practice and abandon them, must i now power level a toon to reserve my legacy name? looks like I am going to have to.

Seriously Bioware, you knew how many Asia Pacific players you have subscribed, you have that data from our billing information, you knew from the bruhaha that occured when you failed to include is on launch day how many of us were out there, you know from active server populations during our time zones how many of us are active.

It's pretty clear that the Asia Pacific players community is supporting your product, that you have implamented local servers is a great step and one you should be congratulated on taking. But then you guys go and undermine all your hard work by making poor decisions like this. It's one step forward and two steps back, every time. Come on fella's your tearing apart the Asia Pacific Community. You side lined us all by not releasing here when you did in other non-english speaking parts of the world, you made it up to us by giving us servers, now your sidelining us again.

I shake my head in wonder at whoever made this decision, do they not have any idea about how such things effect us and effect how we feel about the game and you? Or do you just not care? I find it hard to beleive this could be the case given the steps you have taken, somone please change this, or explain why you were not prepared in advance of launch for this? it's not like you didnt know!

:confused::mad::confused:

Well im very disappointed to hear this, why advertise with the release of the aus/Asia servers that those who purchased it alot earlier could move? You got my hopes up and now im reading this and finding out thru the forums. You didnt even bother to announce that we couldnt xfer till April. This imo is why so many people are pissed off. Lack of communication = bad business.

In regards to the OP and topic, you make a lot of demands of Bioware etc all because you chose to pre-order overseas.

First up, how about because it's nice to allow the new AU players get up and running first?

Let the server economies get going and fresh people to level up before a swarm of L50's transfer across to unbalance the whole thing. Granted it's more of an issue on the PvP server but it's still a valid reason.

Yeah it sucks if you already have L50's but that's a decision we made when we imported and played early on the overseas servers. Then they have to set up the tech side of things to do so.

Pretty much everyone I spoke to on the server last night didn't have that big a problem with it for these reasons. I hope Bioware understands the majority of players understand and are patient. The few players QQ'ing in here on purely selfish reasons are the selfish minority.

I for one am very grateful we have AU servers finally. The 50ms ping for me in VIC is awesome. :D

I completely agree, also in Vic :) Nice to be able to play an MMO on a server that is in our country.

Don't get us all wrong matey, I am very gratefull for the Au servers, but a little forward thinking on behalf of Bioware would not go astray. None of this would have happened in the first place if BW had released here when they did everywhere else, they can release in non english speaking zones in Eu but left us hanging out to dry, now they are doing it again with those players who already bought the game. There is nothing selfish in wanting to be treated decently by the company we are paying to provide a service.

I am stoked about the servers, but to make transfers wait till late April is madness. It makes me feel like I am being punished for stepping out of line and getting the game before the official 'late' release.

I completely agree, also in Vic :) Nice to be able to play an MMO on a server that is in our country.

completely agree, yes its gr8 to have local servers. But tell me why people who have paid BW for 2 months more than the new players should not have the same satisfaction?

I love my deception assassin, Its the only thing i will play for a long long time. I dont want to roll a new new, coz then in 2 months guess what, I have 2 of them.

Imm not even pisses abt waiting for 2 months. Imm pissed about not knowing it was going to be 2 months from launch atleast a month ago.

Quoted for truth, have not seen any advertising for the game at all. Most gamers who havent bought it wouldnt even know the games available here. Games stores arent marketing it, and I sure as hell wont go out of my way to tell people it's available now lol.

The idea to stop people transferring to protect economy etc.... Is ridiculous any player who imported could reroll and be able to make a mint using their experience gained from the last 2 months. The real issue is that BW have no idea how to successfully transfer 'Legacy' to new servers. I wouldn't be surprised if when we do get transfers more horror stories come out of toons lost, reset legacy, items missing etc etc. My confidence in BW atm is >0 and that is by their own actions.

Stephen Reid ‏ @Rockjaw

@Vulkaan @Halstrom23 Writing up a post on that, but simply put, it's because that's when it'll be ready.

as in not because they dont want to but simply its not possible yet but its being worked on.

made an alt in the aussie pvp server and i instantly noticed the response time(18-30ms compared to 250-350ms), i guess these brand new players and those who can be buggered making new characters are gonna have a better playing experience.

oh well another 2 months playing in this full champ bm bh in a dead us server finding no pubs to kill in ilum and warzones rarely popping in my playing hours. we all know that 2 months is a long time in new mmos, and i just hope the aussie servers are still running healthy pops by the time transfers come up. xD

my advice is this :

- try looking at the big picture instead of only from your own (limited) personal view. Assuming that all aussie/oceanic ppl that wanted to play SWTOR already bought it is naive and rash analysis.

- avoid having the attitude of 'serve me now, not later' that in the long run will bring harm to the overall balance of server population of SWTOR. BIOWARE's april transfer plan is the best for overall health / population not just australian/nz.

- good time to learn other AC by rolling new alts on oceanic while waiting for your main to transfer. helping build a real community by helping new players to SWTOR. As it is if you contribute to SWTOR community building by helping ppl, being polite and doing good to oers then who will? Selfishness and elitism ruins community in MMO.

- accumulate more stuff in your main in preparation for april transfer (money, mats, drops) so you can make a killing on the market.

- getting new friends in oceanic as you level / progress together from level 1 and maybe joining a better guild more suitable and accomodating to your style of play.

all in all it boils down to this : Dont be selfish and think only for your own (short term) gain, but thing bigger and wiser for better overall server population balance.

regards

I'll be curious to see server population over the next 2 months. If server pops are high then cool bananna's. If server pops decline rapidly due to everyone staying with their mains on US servers, then that would be bad. It might create a negative vibe of the usefullness of having Aussie servers because we are forced by Bioware to choose to either re-roll or neglect our home servers.

I'd really like to support our home servers, but buggered if I'm re-rolling again.

I think more than SWTOR is at stake here. We desparately need a success story to set a precident for future MMO's to see Australia as a viable market.

I'm hoping Bioware have'nt doomed this as a failed experiment by having a 2 month delay.

The problem with all these 'just roll alts on the new server' posts is that most people already have all the alts they want, they have already played the classes and the ACs and have done all the early quests and don't want to spend the next two months playing the same quests again, only to then be able to transfer the characters over.. either duplicating classes they now have two of or just negating all the work they did.

I can also, however, imagine people rolling a lot of alts, doing nothing but amassing wealth with their foresight after having end game characters, making a point to not spend money they don't need to so that when their other characters do some back they have an even bigger credit base than they would otherwise. The idea this is to save the economic balance of the servers are a little silly. PLUS, the idea that its to 'protect' the new players from the transferred vets doesn't hold up either. All the new AP players will be level 1.. obviously. (most) of the transfers will be much higher 40+, they won't interact at all (PvP maybe.. but if the newbies are smart they'll wait, just like everyone else, and not PvP at level 15..)

Edited by Neopopulas

Sorry, but I didn't pay more to get a US game delivered to me so I could play at the same time everyone else plays only to be told that I'd have to wait two months to transfer my already levelled and geared characters to an Australian server.

This game is just not that good enough, and its lost my business for good.

And no I won't level a new character considering I've spent the last two months levelling one character (by doing all the quests, getting all the datacrons, getting to valour rank 65, etc.)

This is just slap in the face for the majority of Oceanic players that believed in this game and helped its launch be so popular.

fkn oath!

Then why is the Oceania PVE server VERY HEAVY at this time. Where did these players come from? Let me guess .. these are not new players just the current players who have threatened to quit if they don't get their transfer right now.

I think BW knows there are many new players in Oceania who chose to wait until the game was released there. I think they want to concentrate on providing them a good start to the game. It's not like those Oceania players can't play. They can continue to play as they have since December when they chose to play from a then Red Zone.

nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

godam i shouldve read up i knew it!!!

i just re-subbed 5 mins ago expecting to transfer lol fail. i agree, most of oceanic players have already bought the game. and if not!! what really scares me is will there be enough servers?? if they're that full already and no one that currently plays has transferred not looking so good.

ohwell i just subbed until gw2 TBH. so im happy either way.

Guys,

go ahead and make a character on your server of preference with the reserved name (if you haven't already done so) and wait it out, it's not that long. Sure it's annoying but in two months time you wont even remember this thread.

nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

godam i shouldve read up i knew it!!!

i just re-subbed 5 mins ago expecting to transfer lol fail. i agree, most of oceanic players have already bought the game. and if not!! what really scares me is will there be enough servers?? if they're that full already and no one that currently plays has transferred not looking so good.

ohwell i just subbed until gw2 TBH. so im happy either way.

They most likely have an artificially low cap.

But damn, Swiftsure got nuked.

Feel the pain, ***********!

LATE APRIL!?! I have to admit that does make me consider unsubscribing... where as before this it wasn't even a thought in my mind.

add the security key situation to that and its not looking good.

and seeing as EA are quite well known for poor QoS at times, i basically have no faith that they will listen to customers and change they minds.

Might actually be worth quitting now and come back in 6 months, or when proper content is added for endgame... it amazes me that with all the mmo experince our world now has, they still manage to get it wrong as far as doing the right thing by customers instead of making decisions that are based more on what? profit?. Satisfying customer = profit fgs.

and yes doing the wrong thing, because orginally it was stated that char transfers should/might be within a week of server opening...

the server quality seems excellent, really happy with the ping now, but really not getting this 2 month wait for transfers. this is basically going to equal nothing but population loss, which is the last damn thing we need.