Australian server transfer in LATE April!

melsione

Oh Bioware, may want to do something about this quick smart before the forums are completely filled; you think the Euro's can whine, you aint seen nothing yet. Edited by Tgpo

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Haha, FANBOIS UNITE! do you get a special ring??

Anyways back on topic, the new servers will die because they pissed the oceanics off right from the start. sure some will roll a new toon for about 2 days and get bored.

they needed thoes servers populated. gonna cost a lot of $$ to bury dead servers.

Doubt it as a Australian I'm very happy to wait to transfer my 50

And will level a Alt on Dar Nala until then

also lots of new players on there Last night and i had a blast

Doubt it as a Australian I'm very happy to wait to transfer my 50

And will level a Alt on Dar Nala until then

also lots of new players on there Last night and i had a blast

As irritating as leveling can be (especially when you have already done it a couple of times) I would have to agree with you; despite the nonsense being spammed continuously in general, was like Barrens chat on speed.

Edited by Tgpo

I don't understand why people expected that they would be able to transfer immediately. I had hoped for 1 month before transfers, but I did expect 2 months. My thought was that BW would give the time for new players rolling there to get to 50. Obviously their expectation of the time is 2 months.

The reason is simple, if they allowed transfers within the week, tranfers will bring recipes, gear, credits, epeen, cheap stuff they bought on the AH, stacks of mats. etc to a server where new players are just getting off the starter planets. They would dominate the market (for whatever that is worth) and PvP for a while.

BW just got the aussie playing community to sub for another 3 months as a result. The two month wait pretty much means that any toon that is not 50 and fully geared is not worth the wait. Players planning to level alts would make them in the new servers.

I don't understand why people expected that they would be able to transfer immediately. I had hoped for 1 month before transfers, but I did expect 2 months. My thought was that BW would give the time for new players rolling there to get to 50. Obviously their expectation of the time is 2 months.

The reason is simple, if they allowed transfers within the week, tranfers will bring recipes, gear, credits, epeen, cheap stuff they bought on the AH, stacks of mats. etc to a server where new players are just getting off the starter planets. They would dominate the market (for whatever that is worth) and PvP for a while.

BW just got the aussie playing community to sub for another 3 months as a result. The two month wait pretty much means that any toon that is not 50 and fully geared is not worth the wait. Players planning to level alts would make them in the new servers.

Pretty much this.

This guy speaks the truth, suck it up.

You didn't have to buy it before it launched in your region. You could have waited. It would be unfair to those who did wait for you to pop in within the 1st week in full Nightmare Mode Raid Gear or in your Battlemaster set. you'd have a huge advantage in crafting as well. You're being selfish and unreasonable. Realize that. :rolleyes:

Or you know, they could've opened 2 servers of each type - one for new players and one for xfers and new players. Like everyone else does. Then again, that would've required IQ above 50, which they obviously lack.

You didn't have to buy it before it launched in your region. You could have waited. It would be unfair to those who did wait for you to pop in within the 1st week in full Nightmare Mode Raid Gear or in your Battlemaster set. you'd have a huge advantage in crafting as well. You're being selfish and unreasonable. Realize that. :rolleyes:

While I do agree with your point about it being unfair to those leveling for the first time, it is always easy to sit back and judge others when it doesn't affect you.

I know you couldn't give an honest answer due to a bias, but how many of you from the US would be jumping on board if the role was reversed? Rhetorical, don't answer :p

In related news...I think it's a safe assumption that all those non-existent US players abandoned to rot on all those non-existent dead/dying low population servers can give up any hopes or expectations of getting transfers or merged till after the Aussies get moved in 2 months...that's going to go over reaaaaaaaaly well when that shoe drops. Edited by Smitar

Or you know, they could've opened 2 servers of each type - one for new players and one for xfers and new players. Like everyone else does. Then again, that would've required IQ above 50, which they obviously lack.

While this is a good idea in therory, it does invite population imbalances. I'm in the same boat as many of you, but I'm willing to wait if it means everything running smoothly. Either keep playing your main til transfers, level and alt on a new Aussie server or unsub til it's ready :)

... Either keep playing your main til transfers, level and alt on a new Aussie server or unsub til it's ready :)

I am not entirely sure if that last option is possible if you want the free transfer. Accounts without an active sub would probably be given the miss when free transfers roll around. If I ran the show, I would give them a miss.

Bioware is doing what all other MMO developers do, they hide important details from their customers, and there is nothing we can do about it but rage. It is quite obvious that it is their policy from the start. The smart thing they have done is to close the forums during server downtimes, because that is when the most QQ occurs.

They are not blameless in this situation, but many people complaining in this thread do have unrealistic expectations.

The 2 months wait is a good indicator of the future pop for the servers. The people who are into this game for the long haul would probably find ways to cope with this. The people with an eye on Tera or GW2 or whatever, and want to taste 50ms ping with their full BM toons will definitely be disappointed.

No we didn't have to buy it but we did. Where is our reward for being a loyal customer? O noes a crafting advantage? it took a whole 3 days for me to drop armstech and level biochem to 400. And contrary to what everyone thinks not everyone requesting transfers is in full rakata or battlemaster. In fact there isn't many people in full battlemaster at all hence the new badge system in 1.1.5. People want to transfer because they have spent hours on character and they DESERVE the same ping as every other player paying a subscription.

Nobody does that. Now you look foolish :rolleyes:

Okay.. so directed here from another thread for consolidation.

Really happy I have local servers to play on and enjoy really low latency to an MMO.. You have no idea how much of a bonus that is for those of us that don't take it for granted.

I chose to start playing with the US and Europe, mainly because all of my friends ( Oceanic and Not ) decided to. I simply wanted to play with them is all. I pre-ordered the game so did not have access to the information about Australian release servers in March.. not that it would have made much difference anyways.

I'm mostly disappointed with the lack of communication regarding when transfers would occur. The information was so vague that people assumed they'd be available at Oceanic launch, a week later, 2 weeks.. Maybe a month.. now we find out its two months. Meh..

I don't have time to roll an alt on the new servers, nor do I want to.. I'd only roll the same class anyways as I enjoy it too much. So I'll keep playing on the U.S servers with my friends and see what happens.

I just wanted to voice my disappointment with managing our expectations.. nothing more.

I can understand the reasons behind not allowing transfers immediately.. some of which are no doubt of a technical nature.. but knowing about a 2 month wait before we can start to transfer would have been good when the Oceanic Server Announcement was made guys :) I wouldn't feel quite so low that I have to wait another 2 months had I known in advance.

I am not entirely sure if that last option is possible if you want the free transfer. Accounts without an active sub would probably be given the miss when free transfers roll around. If I ran the show, I would give them a miss.

Bioware is doing what all other MMO developers do, they hide important details from their customers, and there is nothing we can do about it but rage. It is quite obvious that it is their policy from the start. The smart thing they have done is to close the forums during server downtimes, because that is when the most QQ occurs.

They are not blameless in this situation, but many people complaining in this thread do have unrealistic expectations.

The 2 months wait is a good indicator of the future pop for the servers. The people who are into this game for the long haul would probably find ways to cope with this. The people with an eye on Tera or GW2 or whatever, and want to taste 50ms ping with their full BM toons will definitely be disappointed.

"When will I be able to transfer my characters to another server/region?

Qualified players in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, or Singapore, will be offered one-time free character transfers to Asia Pacific servers for a limited time period in late April. No specific date has been confirmed at this time. We will be sending an email to all qualified players by early March with more details. Stay tuned to http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for more information."

It mentions that you must have specified you lived in the qualified regions by the 28th, and "Have had or currently have entered a valid recurring payment method or redeemed a Pre-Paid Game Time Code." This appears to be the only prerequisites.

All info can be found here http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#313580

So as long as you were active during this time you should be fine to unsubscribe until transfers are available.

What has gone right in this game so far ? Nothing bioware/EA are a bunch of gits 1 day after I re-sub to this game knowing that there was going to be 1 or 2 weeks max for transfer to a nice close server they change it to 2 months way to go ********s.

this is a right move on bioware's part as mmo provider

- they give time for the new server to grow naturally.

- they put priority on supporting new influx of customers in accordance with regional launch

- they dont want whole influx of fully geared and rich mains ruining server balance and economy

- people who already subscribed can play with their friends in oceanic server as mentors , helping and questing and leveling together.

- they will analyze the population numbers on oceanic servers and decide wheter they need to add more oceanic server or not. the current amount (3) is indicative that bioware do not expect many people to justify adding more server. however this will change when the tally of people wanting to transfer is collected.

- they also monitor the number of ppl applying for free transfer and the remaining population on servers that got too many people transferring out. Bioware will support additional free transfers from certain servers to other servers that got population imbalance.

as it is the responsibility of bioware is not only to existing aussie/nz players but to the whole SWTOR server population and that means 'soft' server rebalancing (providing transfer services) and maybe 'hard' server rebalancing later on (merges)

regards

Edited by dprijadi

- they put priority on supporting new influx of customers in accordance with regional launch

- they dont want whole influx of fully geared and rich mains ruining server balance and economy

- people who already subscribed can play with their friends in oceanic server as mentors , helping and questing and leveling together.

- they will analyze the population numbers on oceanic servers and decide wheter they need to add more oceanic server or not. the current amount (3) is indicative that bioware do not expect many people to justify adding more server. however this will change when the tally of people wanting to transfer is collected.

- they also monitor the number of ppl applying for free transfer and the remaining population on servers that got too many people transferring out. Bioware will support additional free transfers from certain servers to other servers that got population imbalance.

as it is the responsibility of bioware is not only to existing aussie/nz players but to the whole SWTOR server population and that means 'soft' server rebalancing (providing transfer services) and maybe 'hard' server rebalancing later on (merges)

regards

lol what a load of rubbish

regards

Pretty much spot on id say - owell, im not quiting the game , nor is my guild. We will continue to play on The Swiftsure until we get xfered over. Cant wait for that 30ms PVP action though

I am Australian and I'm disappointed to have to wait until April but I'm not getting angry at Bioware for it.

We brought this problem on ourselves by not waiting till it was released in our country. If you waited then you would be on a low latency server from the get go.

lol what a load of rubbish

fkn oath!

"influx of new players" - WHAT influx of new players? Everyone in Oceania who had any interest in this game already bought their copy and is playing on the US servers...