Shamefull

Alphashado

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Complaining about sorcerers is like wearing a sign that says "I'm bad" to me. I play multiple classes, one of which IS a sorcerer. You guys just don't understand how to handle them (not that it's that hard) and get mad when you see they did more damage then you. Grow up and l2p, it's really not that hard, they're super squishy and one of the weakest 1v1 classes in the game. Interrupt a force lightning, stun them a few seconds, and laugh as they melt in front of you. If they force sprint away and you don't have a slow/stun/snare ready then you deserve to lose because you're bad.

Stop posting and go l2p, it'll do you a lot more good.

Complaining about sorcerers is like wearing a sign that says "I'm bad" to me. I play multiple classes, one of which IS a sorcerer. You guys just don't understand how to handle them (not that it's that hard) and get mad when you see they did more damage then you. Grow up and l2p, it's really not that hard, they're super squishy and one of the weakest 1v1 classes in the game. Interrupt a force lightning, stun them a few seconds, and laugh as they melt in front of you. If they force sprint away and you don't have a slow/stun/snare ready then you deserve to lose because you're bad.

Stop posting and go l2p, it'll do you a lot more good.

Oh I can handle them alright, that isn't my complaint, my complaint is they have too many advantages and not enough disadvantages, they have the best CC as well as good defensive and escape abilities.

They can spec to have the highest dmg or the highest heals in the game making them prime choices for raids.

I can take them down, with some effort, but in a group and objective based environment they are just the most efficient class.

Edited by Manigma

Agreed with the OP. I hate that the victor of any given battle depends mostly on who has more sorcs/sages.

No class should have so much CC, combined with raw DPS, defensive cooldowns, AND healing. The number of times I've watched 3-5 sorcs just steamroll by switching between DPS, CC, and healing each other while tearing down targets with focus fire.

Its disgusting. The class needs to be rebalaced so they have to choose between healing and DPS. CC and defense. No class should have all those tools in a single spec.

Edited by EliteSeraph

I started with bounty hunter, then operative, then marauder and now sorc.

BH was easiest to play, marauder hardest.

Sorc is just way more fun, especially in huttball - at level 42 now I can basically swing the match because it has just so much utility.

Its just a much more fun class to play, as easy as the operative I would say.

My main is a Sorc. I cannot even bring myself to play it anymore. Not only are there WAY too many of them, but the reason there are way too many of them is because they are EASY and OP. Yes I said it. This isn't a dam troll either. I have never once posted on any forum for any mmo promoting a nerf because in general I think nerfs suck for various diferent reasons. But sorcs/sages are just a joke. I have a 50 and I am saying they are stupid easy to play and dominate with.

I have heard plenty of other sorcs say the same thing.

When people are admitting that their own class is pew pew easy to play, then maybe its time to take a look at this remarkably unbalanced class. Bring it fellow sorcs. hate on me all ya want to. Go play an Operative or a marauder for a while then go back to your Sorc.

So, how's your 50, BM geared Op and Mara doing then? Since you are playing those as you suggested at the bottom, and thus know how they play at endgame too.

Post invalidated.

how so. The operative is stealth, acid blade, hidden strike, acid blade, backstab, a few more hits and run away.

not much to it.

sorc is a lot of roots and ccs at the right time, dots at the right time. not really many more buttons to push.

I knew there would be plenty of ya telling me all the same L2P garbage. Even a few that called me an outright liar. Again, no surprise. /Shrug. I don't care if you believe me or not. But for the record I have a 50 sorc, 41 Merc, 33 Operative, 25 marauder, and a bunch of lowbie alts not worth mentioning. One thing that was brought up that was a fair point is that the Sorc is the only class I have experianced endgame with. Edited by Alphashado

My main is a Sorc. I cannot even bring myself to play it anymore. Not only are there WAY too many of them, but the reason there are way too many of them is because they are EASY and OP. Yes I said it. This isn't a dam troll either. I have never once posted on any forum for any mmo promoting a nerf because in general I think nerfs suck for various diferent reasons. But sorcs/sages are just a joke. I have a 50 and I am saying they are stupid easy to play and dominate with.

I have heard plenty of other sorcs say the same thing.

When people are admitting that their own class is pew pew easy to play, then maybe its time to take a look at this remarkably unbalanced class. Bring it fellow sorcs. hate on me all ya want to. Go play an Operative or a marauder for a while then go back to your Sorc.

It's a class with a low floor and a decent ceiling.. Ops and sentinels still wreck an equally skilled sorc. Sorcs are very easy to play, but they certainly aren't OP.

People have this illusion that all sorcs they see in a warzone are just straight up dps sorcs. First, there's always 1 or 2 of them that are assassins and maybe if you're lucky one that's a healer. A sorc healer against any competent team is far from being an easy class to play and even more so w/o guard. Glass cannon doesn't even begin to describe them w/o a tank. Then again, there is hardly any sorc healers around as it is that still play and the few that are around, are generally fresh 50's specced healing for a few matches till they say f#$k it and respec to the easy mode hybrid spec.

Even then, generally speaking good players don't have issues with sorcs at all. A good dps sorc will destroy a bad player any day of the week. The same thing can be said for a good op or merc etc. If you're bad, you're gonna die plain and simple. The biggest reason we see so many qq posts about them is due to the sheer # of people that play them. Hello, 90% of them are free kills right off the bat? You should honestly be rejoicing.

The hybrid spec is the problem, not the corruption spec (healing). The lightning/madness tree's just need a little reshuffling to fix it or a fix to the resolve system to actually effect roots/snares. I've played the dps/hybrid a couple times and yeah, I'll admit, it is rather lol. Dmg is no where near what people go on saying it is unless you are ae'ing non stop. A lot of the big #'s people see come from that. Burst, yeah it's there here and there when you pop cd's etc.

Then again what class doesn't have huge burst. I've still been crit for 6k+ in bm gear by many other dps classes.

Taking everything into account though, even if and when they adjust the hybrid spec, if you honestly think that will change anything it won't. Those good sorcs..........................they'll still kill you every single time and probably even faster then they did before as they'll be specced for more dps. If a equally geared dps with any level of skill can't deal with a sorc right now, that's not the sorc's problem, it's you.

Be careful what you wish for, cause it'll eventually come back two fold on you.

haha Merc's are easy mode. They hit insanely hard at max range and can assure a target is dead before over heating while banging 1 button. I love my Commando Trooper for that :)

With my PT BH had that much out put for that heat usage.

im gonna have to go ahead an call bs. youve never played a merc at lvl 50 if at all and have no idea what you are talking about do you? i bet next youre gonna tell me that they have too much cc and a full pvp toolkit ya?

YUMADBRAH....? Dont wanna have ur OP sorc/sage class nerfed?

Yeah, you're bad at the game. It's ok, there's lots of bad players, you're just one of them.

Sorcs are balanced. You wouldn't want one as a dps, but as healers they sit alongside mercs as better than operatives. That's about it.

Keep being bad or listen to the opinions of better players. Only braindead puggers who have no clue think sorcs/mercs/operatives are OP.

Edited by Redmarx

I've now leveled three 50s: a Powertech, a Marauder and a Sorc in that order. All at least Champion level valor rank and I can say with confidence that the Sorcerer was by the far the easiest to play and provided the most utility in a warzone. Incredible DPS, AoE, able to pull team members, shields, heals (even non-specced) and the ability to earn the most medals for the least effort aside form properly specced tanks.

That's...sort of crazy. The fact that willpower provides their class such enormous benefits across the board for everything they do might need to be looked at. It seems odd that I can get the 5k heal medal without speccing a single point into it while many dps classes have substantial difficulty reaching their 5k dmg medals without maxing out their equipment and using relics, stims, and expertise boosts at opportune moments.

Maybe instead of a nerf, they should bring the other classes in line with sorcs, but I do think the incredible value they bring to the table in a warzone is really inarguable. Certainly more than most other classes.

I hope all these bad fotm players keep rolling sorcs . The kills keep getting easier and easier. My assassin wrecks sorcs all day long hybrid or not!

What's funny is all these bad sorcs get to 50 and are like ***!! Good players can make any class seem op. I have a 56 geared sorc in full champ minus saber mixed with epic pve trinkets and good operatives, jugs, Maras, assassins etc kill me with ease. All the others like mercs snipers etc I have to run like a little ******. There are very few classes I can 100% beat 1 vs 1 consistently . And I duel a ton just to get better. Oh and yeah with my eyes closed I can get 300k -400k any wz .

Tip for the noobs interrupt force lightning !! You shut said sorc from getting wrath proc which in turn stops chain/fork lightning!

If you click and keyboard turn you will still lose to a good player no matter what class you roll. This is why 90% of the ops player base cried when they got nerfed.

I also have an assassin and I rip sorcs easy.. All that utility they have.. Easy to overcome. Do I sometimes get rooted or snared without trinket up? Yup but best believe that sorc better run away.

Stop complaining play the class yourself to 50 then make a judgement call.

I can honestly say sorc is easy as he'll to play. But it's not op at all.

Bad players will always say the class that beats them is op. I have a 50 sorc geared in champ/pve gear. I can easily get 300k -400k in wz's . But it's all fluff! If baddies let me sit in a corner tab dotting and proccing chain lightning spam then of course sorcs will be op. Same with sniper/merc etc..

Put an operative or melee on me and guess what? I am forced to run like a little girl! My assassin owns sorcs . In fact my sorc is retired because sin is more fun for me.

Yes sorc is easy to play.. But op? I dunno? Not op from the perspective of my sin or sniper . I also don't click or keyboard turn so maybe that's why I don't really see any class as "OP"

I play sage and same for me too.

1 v 1, win some and lose some and just dependent on who has the better timing with the right skills.

I've now leveled three 50s: a Powertech, a Marauder and a Sorc in that order. All at least Champion level valor rank and I can say with confidence that the Sorcerer was by the far the easiest to play and provided the most utility in a warzone. Incredible DPS, AoE, able to pull team members, shields, heals (even non-specced) and the ability to earn the most medals for the least effort aside form properly specced tanks.

Frankly, I call BS on you having a lvl 50 sorc because of the bolded parts above.

Anybody who played a sorc knows that our dps is mediocre at best, although it's balanced by our utlility, so it's not a big deal. Large damage numbers you see in WZs simply come from the fact that a dps sorc relies on DoTs a lot and your DoTs in this game keep ticking even after you die. In some WZs (like voidstar) our AOE can also generate large numbers without actually killing anybody. In other words, it's just fluff, doesn't make you a killing machine at all.

Also, anybody who played a sorc knows that heals in dps spec are absolutely useless. If somebody is hitting you, it's always better to use a medpack - if you start healing in combat (in dps spec), you're dead meat. If nobody is hitting you, seethe regenerates faster than your heals, so no point in using them.

I think what the OP is saying is that compared to some other classes the Sorc/Sage is easier to play. Many of the other classes have a plethora of skills to use and combinations to use properly etc. A Sorc can spec Hybrid and have tons of fun! They have tons of utility.

Your button mashing choices do not take up 3 full bars LOL.

Sorcs are glass cannons and good players know how to beat them easily. Bad ones die...Oh well.