Pvp gearing changed on 1.1.5 PTS.

shadowAI

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You get 100 comms if you win and get a few votes,so your 20 matches is around 2000 comms

20 matches(even if you win 20 out 20 is half a token).So you need 40 matches(again we gonna consider that you win all of them).With perfect quene its 40x10 mins=400 mins or almost 7 hours.In reality it can go to 14 hours for one bm token and you need two.Huzzah for grind?

Me?i am full bm,gearing my companions now.But those who didnt got bm gear before this "wonderfull" patch,oh they gonna have so much fun.

Comms you get is dependent on the amount of medals you get; not just whether you win or lose. Winning gives you more, but more medals = more comms, too.

For instance. Just won a match where I had 11 medals. My comm count before the match was 441. My comm count now is 581.

Edit: forgot to add, being voted as MVP earns you more, too.

Edited by Nangasaur

Comms you get is dependent on the amount of medals you get; not just whether you win or lose. Winning gives you more, but more medals = more comms, too.

For instance. Just won a match where I had 11 medals. My comm count before the match was 441. My comm count now is 581.

Edit: forgot to add, being voted as MVP earns you more, too.

Not sure how you're getting 140.

10 medals is like 100-105 commendations + MVP.

An MVP is 1 commendation.

its a mistake so many games make, focusing on grind forgetting that if people enjoy it they will do it anyway.

This! Qft!

And to all speaking of patch 1.2:

Nobody in these forums does know anything about patch 1.2 beside the dev have said it will bring rated WZ (no word about the real implementation most people just think of the wow rated BGs) and they do think it will become easier (which I am unable to see if the implementation will be the same as in WoW - the bottom players would have a harder ride - IMHO).

So both sides, those who call the skies falling and those who say all will be fine just pull it out of nowhere.

But that is really BWs fault. They should have told us more about the system they want to implement. The QQ is because of the lack of info or at least right now (of course the info could also bring QQ, but at least that would be because of known facts).

I wish the devs would habe more faith in telling us about the future (even I do know some would speak of broken promises once things wouldn´t be the same the devs have said they hoped it could be implemented but also said things could change).

Edited by Cospinol

I'm a big PvP'er... but doing all this just to be competitive in Rated PvP... wow.

I'll probably do it, it's not me I'm worried about, it's the people out there that want to Rated PvP but just don't have the time to grind like a 14 year old.

TH

I am currently working on getting full Champ gear. Almost at lvl 60 valor as well.

The best gear should take time to get but it should be in line with the time it takes to get equivalent gear from pve content.

endgame pve raids chance at gear for ~3 hrs played. A token should be gathered through pvp for the same time.

3 hrs of pvp chance at something

6 hrs of pvp = something.

Cent gear: 10 hrs

Champ gear: 20 hrs

Grind to total battlemaster should take at most 30 hours.

60 hrs total of pvp for top tier, as it should be (in line with pve content).

I just wish they would make it a little more interesting. Like more different objectives/tasks to earn commendations, or to finish dailies/weeklies. Maybe something as simple as capture a base at Ilum and hold it for at least X minutes (there should be only one valid base for this of course, because people will start swapping otherwise). And maybe lower the amount of warzone commendations, but give us some ways to earn mercenary commendations instead (like for killing enemies on Ilum).

I am starting to see a trend here. I am a Battlemaster who has had not the best, mind you not the worst luck with bags. I just ended a 0/18 run with a commendation!

I want to say that I am ALL FOR this system. A lot of people here seem to have the mindset of 100 medals = 15 minutes, this is not true. The problem is people thinking scoring 5 points in huttball and then farming the opposing team for 10 minutes is the fastest way to get medals.

In 5 minutes I can get 6-8 medals which turns in to about 80-90 commendations in 5 MINUTES. If you take out the queue time this turns in to 240-270 commendations every 15 minutes. So this makes the best strategy trying to 6-0 cap teams in -5 minutes with a good premade.

You will also find using this strategy, people are less reluctant to queue again, because people hate getting farmed by a premade for 15 minutes more than they hate losing a match in 5 minutes.

Obviously this only applies to huttball, but really guys, 1000/1000 is not that bad....

Edited by Venganzas

1000/1000 for 1 BM commendation is FAR too expensive....It's still better than the way it is now but it's still FAR too expensive. It takes quite a long time to get 4000 Warzone commendations and that's only half of 1 piece of BM gear. So you need to farm 8000 warzone commendations for each piece of BM gear.

While I defintiely dont want things handed to me on a gold platter, I still think that's a bit too expensive. I'd say 700 of each would be a bit more realistic.

Anyone who has to do something called "work" for 8-10 hours a day, will not play in this idiotic system. By the time you CAN get BM gear you played 100s of WZ. Now to get that gear you have to force yourself to play through same 3 maps over and over non-stop ?

Horrible strategy Bioware.

The new system might have its benefits, but I sincerely hope that they do not implement the 1000/1000 commendations price for a SINGLE Battlemaster Commendation scheme, as is mentioned in here.

Getting from Champion valor rank to Battlemaster valor rank is by itself a horrible, horrible grind. One of the incentives to reach Battlemaster is so that you'll be able to acquire the better (slightly better or vastly better is not relevant, it is still better) pvp gear. If, by the new system, the price for a single BM comm is 1000/1000, and bearing in mind that you need around 20 BM comms for a full BM set, essentially the horrible grind from rank 50 to rank 60 will be just a prequel to another horrible horrible grind, the one for WZ/Merc commendations.

Going from rank 50 to rank 60 is enough of an effort as it is. Don't "reward" us by having us grind ever harder. A price of 200/200 or 300/300 for a single BM commendation is more than enough.

Huzzah for grindmaster comms change...o`cmon.Change one retarded system with another that even more retarded.

Angry PvPers:"RNG is stupid! We want reliable system where we grind for comms"

BW changes to allow grind for comms.

Angry PvPers:"GRIND is stupid! At least with RNG we could gear up real fast and now we have to actually play the game for X amount of time? OUTRAGE"

BW: :rolleyes:

1000/1000 for 1 BM commendation is FAR too expensive....It's still better than the way it is now but it's still FAR too expensive. It takes quite a long time to get 4000 Warzone commendations and that's only half of 1 piece of BM gear. So you need to farm 8000 warzone commendations for each piece of BM gear.

While I defintiely dont want things handed to me on a gold platter, I still think that's a bit too expensive. I'd say 700 of each would be a bit more realistic.

Not even for 1 piece of gear, weapons and offhands are 3 tokens most of the main gear is 2, so it's not exactly 4000wz for 1 piece of gear.

Not even for 1 piece of gear, weapons and offhands are 3 tokens most of the main gear is 2, so it's not exactly 4000wz for 1 piece of gear.

it's 4000 wz comms for 1 BM comm, that's what he was saying. so bottom line weapon = 12000 wz comms, other pieces are 8000 wz comms... good luck farming I'll save myself the hassle and unsub... again.

Everyone whos doing calculations of hours. Remember that 1.2 is bringing more ways to get wz commendations (more medals) and there could be new methods of acquiring wz commendations (rated wz might reward a much higher amount per win).

Please take this into account. At the same time the numbers could be changed a lot before it goes live.

Lets just hope that the change is not added before 1.2 or at least not more than a week or 2.

This. Come on guys, wait til we get the whole story and it gets closer to release.

Basically, we have to go from 1.1.5 till 1.2 with these changes to getting the comms and getting the extra medals in the warzones??

Well, wonderful, go from needed 800 wart coms for 7 and 15 to 940 war coms for just 7 cent coms?. Nice to have to do another 2 warzones to get them.

What players (and bioware) are not understanding is that adding more medals into warzones just promotes more individual play. I've seen a suggestion of "score twice in huttball" That is a stupid suggestion. I know the issues are not just on my server, but Huttball is extremely team based and already has problems with people not wanting to pass.

I think that awards should be team based instead of on the individual. 300K total healing done awards the TEAM 1 medal, 500K total damage done awards the TEAM 1 medal, 100K total protection awards the TEAM 1 medal.. None of this individual BS for something that should be worked for as a group.

Wow people come on...

I've heard countless whines about the complete RNG Randomness of the current bag system and now they are going to put out a system to where you know if you Grind X amount of Y it will get you Z, you guys are STILL gonna whine.

Shut up or quit. There is no excuse for your whining now.

Finally something that rewards my serious 10 hours a day spent pvping.

Hopefully the people who only pvp for dailies will just quit pvping.

BM is a minimal upgrade to champ. Its there to give dedicated pvpers something to flaunt, theres no reasons you should 'need' to get more than champ to pvp, and you dont. champ with some mods/rakata stuff is what a smart 'casual' pvp player would shoot for.

I pvp almost exclusively and I have 10 days played on my character; that's 4 levelling, 1 datacron / fp's / etc, and probably 5 pvp. This is just for the second tier set. I think the people saying its easy either did it before the comm's change (when they nerfed the drop chance to almost zero) or are trolling. I

Can't disagree here and I have some personal data on this. I have 1 50 sent (pre-changes) Valor 29 he has 9 pc champ, I have another 50 commando valor 31 (pre-changes) he has 7 pc champ. I have a 50 Mara (post-changes) Valor 36 he has 4 pc champ and finally a 50 Sorc (post-changes), valor 41 with 5 pc champ. Now granted the two Republic pre-changes toons also have extra Champ bracers and belts that they're stuck with that the Mara and Sorc do not. However, the Mara and Sorc are wearing everything they've gotten and, of course, the Mara and Sorc have at least one companion in full Centurion where the Republic toons have no PVP gear on any companion. *sigh*

Edited by ChandlerL

Grind does not equal hard. There is nothing skillful about putting a insane grind on items.

grinding is like a marathon. It requires endurance and dedication.

Dont tell me any old casual can grind as long with as much focus as i, in my 15 years of probably ~70% korean mmo experience, can.