PVP DPS/Pyro or Carolina Parkeet/Guard

Macnord

Hi,

I´m playing C-Parkeet and in general get about 5-7 medals a game, im normaly in the bottom of damage but my gaurd helps alot in total i normaly place my self in the upper half.

I am thinking of trying some Pyro/Dps 4/6/31.

How doese this add up while getting medals?

Hi,

I´m playing C-Parkeet and in general get about 5-7 medals a game, im normaly in the bottom of damage but my gaurd helps alot in total i normaly place my self in the upper half.

I am thinking of trying some Pyro/Dps 4/6/31.

How doese this add up while getting medals?

You don't have to have guard on to get the medals. Just use your taunts whenever you can they are even off the GCD. Just remember to use them took some time to get used to it but you easily get the medals. In general i get 7-9 medals in wz's and doing top damage. Heard somewhere that using grapple to enemy who is attackin your teammate could also count to guarding(not sure) and if so maybe interrupts too(not sure about this one either)?

And forget the medal grind just have some fun.

Edited by Lynfast

If medals are your only concern than you should be fine going pyro. The only ones that guard makes it easier to get is the 10k in one life (still doable with taunts) and the 50k total protection (much more difficult without guard)

However you get far easier access to the 2.5k in one hit medal and all the damage medals.

3/7/31 Mod it a bit with the intent of using IGC instead of CGC.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301oMZMcMZbIbrdhGMs.1

IGC for extra defense and guard on demand. You have to keep DoT up with IM (Using TSO hwen avail). Degauss or Vent Heat is up to you, I rarely run into a heating issue, I have used Degauss on more than one occasion, helpful in Illium as well (I am on a balance server, good size battles happen a lot). I enjoy the increased survival IGC has for me, other people say it's miniscule, but I think my PT have never ran into an issue other than with Maras/Sents.

Adjust your Parakeet build to use combustable and you'll be happier, I promise. No one believes me but you guys will catch on eventually :D

Whenever I'm not in Ion Gas Stance I simply explode when focused no matter the spec. That's why I'm in Ion Gas even with full Pyrotech spec most of the time.

I just dont know how you can spec away from Jet charge for PVP the ability is so broken good that i do not consider any build without first putting 21 points into shield tech.

When you repeatedly get a double railshot/TD crit and see almost 1/2 of someones health disappear in 3 GCD's from 30y away you soon forget.

Except in huttball... I'd give my left nut to charge back up the amount of times I get knocked off by the 15million commando/merc/inquisitor/consular out there lol

I just dont know how you can spec away from Jet charge for PVP the ability is so broken good that i do not consider any build without first putting 21 points into shield tech.

Jumping back between deep pyro and st/pyro, i really only miss jet charge in huttball. Without a doubt, Jet Charge is an amazing ability on that map. Voidstar and Civil War? It's not as needed when you take away 40-60% of their health in a single burst.

Jumping back between deep pyro and st/pyro, i really only miss jet charge in huttball. Without a doubt, Jet Charge is an amazing ability on that map. Voidstar and Civil War? It's not as needed when you take away 40-60% of their health in a single burst.

i guess maybe thats it i always hope when i que to get huttball and am very disappointed when i hit voidstar. Alderon as always feels fine but i love the jump to a capping person and what not.

When you repeatedly get a double railshot/TD crit and see almost 1/2 of someones health disappear in 3 GCD's from 30y away you soon forget.

Except in huttball... I'd give my left nut to charge back up the amount of times I get knocked off by the 15million commando/merc/inquisitor/consular out there lol

30% crit damage on rail shot, or 30% crit damage on rocket punch and flame sweep. Not that big of a bonus going pure pyro.

30% crit damage on rail shot, or 30% crit damage on rocket punch and flame sweep. Not that big of a bonus going pure pyro.

I think you are a bit confused on the damage difference in the two abilities...

And as earlier stated,

7 Medals and Winning = More valor then 11 medals and losing....

Edited by exphryl

The full Pyro gets just as many medals as the Parakeet build as long as you actually use taunt whenever it is cooldown.

The hardest ones to get is the 10k in one life, which just requires using taunt as much as possible before you die, the 50k defence one is very hard to get without guard.

You are much more likely to get 300k damage in pyro though. Although getting it in parakeet isn't as hard as the 50k defence for pyros.

I'm still torn between CP and Pyro. Most of my PvP has been as Pyro and the damage is very nice. Being able to nuke someone's health to 50% in 3 GCD is rather handy.

However, CP has it's clear advantages too. I usually get more medals (8-10) with CP because of Guard and the additional survivability. I always /laugh at opponents who double, even triple team me in Huttball trying to kill me while my teammates score. I usually ends up in a death on my part, but it's worth it.

Jet Charge does have uses outside of Huttball. If you're racing to a node in Civil War, it can help prevent the other team from capping. There are also uses in Voidstar, but not as much.

it's false that is necessary a deep pyro spec to cap dps into the WZ, with 18pt in pyro spec you can easly close WZ in the top5 for dps and it's from lv30 that regulary i go over 200k with only 18pt in pyro and bad geared

what make the difference in a WZ is that if all player of your team take many medals probably your team have won the WZ becouse everyone have played good

what is true is that with the full pyro spec you obtain the top spike damage with the TD/RS combo but if you don't go closer at mid or melee range you have a ridiculous dps. if you can fight at mid/melee range you simply have a random dps on the proc of PPA.

the strong and the reason of success of CP and IF spec is that they have a little less spike damage , they have an higher medium dps , beter defence and awesome mobility...simply they are better for pvp under all aspects exept for the spike damage

Adjust your Parakeet build to use combustable and you'll be happier, I promise. No one believes me but you guys will catch on eventually :D

I dont think anyone will catch on I am afraid. Going CGC in a parakeet build is a complete waste, unless you need to fill a dps role in a FP.

If they knock you down use grapple to pull them? And if you had the ball the only thing you can do is hope there is someone intelligent on your team that didn't jump down after you to "help". All in all pyro is not really gimped much by being knocked down.

it's false that is necessary a deep pyro spec to cap dps into the WZ, with 18pt in pyro spec you can easly close WZ in the top5 for dps and it's from lv30 that regulary i go over 200k with only 18pt in pyro and bad geared

what make the difference in a WZ is that if all player of your team take many medals probably your team have won the WZ becouse everyone have played good

what is true is that with the full pyro spec you obtain the top spike damage with the TD/RS combo but if you don't go closer at mid or melee range you have a ridiculous dps. if you can fight at mid/melee range you simply have a random dps on the proc of PPA.

the strong and the reason of success of CP and IF spec is that they have a little less spike damage , they have an higher medium dps , beter defence and awesome mobility...simply they are better for pvp under all aspects exept for the spike damage

Please do not confuse level 50 pvp with its ugly sister (10-49) as level 17 powertech last night i ranged from 200-350k damage in every game with no belt implants relics or offhand... cause im lazy.

Point is you cannot compare it so please don't try. That said, from a winning point of view CP with or without a healer is amazing the survivability mixed with utility results in 'win-a-bility' (coin that phrase)

From another standpoint, if you run premades look at your composition i.e. does your team have enough burst to kill ball carriers and if it does do you have any utility for capping yourself.

Side note leap+Voidstar gap = win.

Side note 2, if you see a ball runner looking for his buddie to throw it to on the 3rd ledge target his buddy wait for him to throw it, jump to buddy and insta intercept. Works every time.

Seems to me if you just want medals you can be successful with any spec, just have to make sure you use all you're tools.

For instance over the weekend my 29 shieldtech got 8 medals was #1 overall on the chat with just 125k damage and I think 60k protection. Not real high numbers either place, but add those points to capping/defending and you rake them in.

Granted there is a lot of luck involved when puging because a good.team obviously helps. But use the tools of you class, actually pay attention to objectives, and hope you're whole team isn't dpa. Tanking and healing win more WZs then dps, only because there is so little of it.

So yeah, any class and spec will work as long as you play it right.

Edited by MartyrLXXVII

I was a CP follower from lv1 up to 50. Based on my experience, 10-49 pvp bracket with CP is easy especially huttball. I average 7-9 medals with it. After a while of pvp-ing, I got curious about the full dps build 4/6/31 so i gave it a try. I wasn't expecting it but it is actually easier to get medals from damage. I can still get medals from taunting only adding a total of 8-10 medals per match. At first I don't want to change CP because of JC, but after trying pyrotech there's no going back.