"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

Verill

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I found a reasonable way around it. When you go to keybinds and go to the targetting tab, you will notice that there are target next enemy, target previous enemy, and target closest enemy binds. By default Tab is set to target next enemy. I replaced it with target nearest enemy and chose T as my target next enemy.

Let's see how that works.

I think I found a reasonable way around it. When you go to keybinds and go to the targetting tab, you will notice that there are target next enemy, target previous enemy, and target closest enemy binds. By default Tab is set to target next enemy. I replaced it with target nearest enemy and chose T as my target next enemy.

Let's see how that works.

Doesn't always work in that if the server thinks someone behind you is closer, you target them.

WTB a target closest enemy in front of my character.

Doesn't always work in that if the server thinks someone behind you is closer, you target them.

Hence the suggestion on the OP.

Targeting for enemies in frontal cone and by distance.

Targeting for friendly in frontal cone and by distance.

Just so you guys know when tab targeting and complaining about having to cycle through 6 people...The tab targeting system in this game is dumb. So the trick to targeting the person running right in front of you, closest to you, is to DROP your target, THEN tab. So you're shooting your pewpew ultra grav round telekinetic throw at someone, and someone else comes in front of you that you want to pewpew down. If you just tab, you will cycle to the next person that was next when you targeted the first person.

So, click off target (I have clicking ground releases target option checked), then tab. It auto finds the closes person to you on your screen.

YOU HAVE IT

Press esc, preferences, key bindings tab at the bottom- look for TARGET NEAREST ENEMY.

THIRTY NINE PAGES OF FAIL

Totally agreed.

In voidstar as a defender, I stand in front of the enemy who tries to plant the bomb, I needed to press tab 3-4 times before I target him. I thought it targets the closer enemy and I was doing something wrong but it seems it's not like that.

Also, when I'm on the move (pressing "w") won't change the target, no matter how many times I press tab. I have to stop moving or left click the enemy...

Rebind tab to target closest enemy.

Good post and a great QoL fix if devs do it.

Does anyone else find it not very assuring they are already talking about adding some game content when things like this and alot others should have been fixed before the game was released? I mean dont get me wrong, I'm not gonna bi tch and moan and un-sub or anything. lol

Just how does something that is so important in a MMO game be over-looked?

Edited by Drahh

definitely agree with this 100%.

Also if something could be done to make clicking on friendlies not stupid impossible that would be great as well. Trying to switch my guard to the ball handler in hutt ball can be next to impossible sometimes. And yes I realize I could target him from the ops window but that involves a lot of mouse moving around the screen.

Shh don't tell people these secrets, they might L2P.

God forbid that happening.

Yeah, I definitely wanted to target that guy right behind me or to my sides, instead of the one I am facing. Definitely.

No one in their right mind can possibly defend the targeting system in this game. It is horrific.

Tab should cycle between the targets your character is currently facing, period. Not the guy somewhere off the screen. I love hitting tab 3-4 times before I can select the ball carrier RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.