"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

Verill

its not like there arent 1000s of mmos that have proper tab targeting for them to use an example .. or did they just copy what works on kotor for xbox?

this is why 80 billion dollars doesnt make up for genre experience.

Edited by azmundai

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agreed.

In voidstar as a defender, I stand in front of the enemy who tries to plant the bomb, I needed to press tab 3-4 times before I target him. I thought it targets the closer enemy and I was doing something wrong but it seems it's not like that.

Also, when I'm on the move (pressing "w") won't change the target, no matter how many times I press tab. I have to stop moving or left click the enemy...

click.. blasphemy I know..but of so easy as you are mouse looking anyway right?

:eek:

Rebind tab to target closest enemy.

Read some posts on this thread before commenting stuff like this.

Target closest enemy will target players behind you if they are closer than players in front of you. This is critical for melee classes that are in the middle of the enemy group usually having multiple players around them.

This is completely not intuitive.

YOU HAVE IT

Press esc, preferences, key bindings tab at the bottom- look for TARGET NEAREST ENEMY.

THIRTY NINE PAGES OF FAIL

All the possible binds have been discussed here. And they are all counter intuitive or just clumsy or buggy.

a) Target nearest enemy will target enemies behind you if they are closer. Which is completely not intuitive.

b) Target center screen will choose both enemies and allies and will not rotate and also.... buggy for some reason. Sometimes it will take time to react.

c) combining choose center and then rotate "next enemy" is also a pain and behaves in a non intuitive way.

Bottom line. You can never expect the behavior of your targeting especially as melee.

Either you don't pvp much, or don't play a melee class to understand the magnitude or just a one ability button spammer.

Just make targeting like in wow, its perfect there, the way it should be.

Targeting in swtor is horrible, sometimes you just interupt the wrong target or can't target at all cause of this system, here is an example you see a healer which is standing right in front of you and he is closest person to you, you see him start casting, you hit tab to target him and interupt him afterwards, and instead of targeting him tab targeting system keeps picking up targets somewhere 20 meters behind of that healer, what an awful tab targeting system!!

Edited by Gathius

YOU HAVE IT

Press esc, preferences, key bindings tab at the bottom- look for TARGET NEAREST ENEMY.

THIRTY NINE PAGES OF FAIL

It really doesnt work in a pvp enviroment, nearest enemy can be fighting someone behind while you are aiming to interupt a turret take over in front of you.