"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

Verill

that is where bioware missed the boat... And some ppl still fight and try to convice me its the best mmo ever. "caugh caugh" yeah right...

I just cant belive the ui cannot be customized... Name another mmo without ui options :(

i hate biofail.

ffxi?

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually have targetting next enemy / closest enemy bound to my mouse wheel. Even tabbing closest enemy does not work properly and will often just do nothing...

Indeed.

After a whole day of wz, lost count of target center , target nearest doing nothing when i chase that healer that needs just one more hit to die, is the only thing in front of me...

Signed

Also visibility of our current target in the melle combat is horrible. It needs some better identification who is my actual target after TAB is pressed (some kind of arrow on the target).

When I play Huttball and fighting in the middle with more players I am not able to fast recognize who is tageted by my due to low visibility of the marking on target.

Agree that tab targeting sucks in SWTOR (and many newer generation MMO's as well).

In SWTOR it's alot because of LoS. Never played a game where tab target REQUIRES you to have LoS to your target.

I use tab target to cycle through available soft targets at least, more than just target and use an ability which needs LoS, which is not possible in SWTOR.

The best implemented tab target ever = DAoC.

Tab target once = targets nearest available in a 360 degree circle.

Tab target consecutively = targets nearest available and then outward for each target.

Tab target and then wait ~0.5s -> tab target again = target closest target and then target closest target again.

There was NO need for "Target nearest enemy" AND "Target next enemy", same key did both and was very intuitive.