"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

Verill

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something the entire PVP community can agree on!

I DISAGREE

It adds an element of skill to the game. At times you need to click on the actual player to target them. There is an aspect of skill in knowing WHEN you need to do this and the ACCURACY OF YOUR CLICK. Even computer nerds need to have some eye/hand coordination.

Because most players can't adjust to this it creates an element that makes some players stand out more. It should NOT be changed only because certain players can't adapt.

Also, if your any kind of PVPer you should have TWO target hotkeys bound separately. (TAB and Closest Target)

KEEP IT AS IS.

P.S. Yes, Im the best ever. I'm pro. And I'm an egomaniac. And I'm right.

Edited by Volcan

I just want an option for it to target the enemy who is in the middle of my screen, regardless of distance from me (not an ally, I play a marauder and don't need/want to target my allies. When there are allied melees in a group fighting enemies the current incarnation of "center target" tabbing makes it impossible to reliably target the enemy).

If the target that I currently have selected is the closest to the center point of my screen, I want it to target the next closest enemy to the center of my screen when I hit tab. And then the third closest target when I hit tab again. etc.

If I need to target someone off to the side of my screen, I'll be happy to move my camera to center them.

We just want reliability so we can predict which targets will be selected given a certain number of tabs.

It's really frustrating to feel like the main skill cap on my class right now is the functionality of tab targeting and I would hope there is significant effort from the pvp dev team to improve tab targeting functionality.

Edited by deathTouchIG

I just want an option for it to target the enemy who is in the middle of my screen, regardless of distance from me (not an ally, I play a marauder and don't need/want to target my allies. When there are allied melees in a group fighting enemies the current incarnation of "center target" tabbing makes it impossible to reliably target the enemy).

If the target that I currently have selected is the closest to the center point of my screen, I want it to target the next closest enemy to the center of my screen. And then the next.

If I need to target someone off to the side of my screen, I'll be happy to move my camera to center them.

We just want reliability so we can predict which targets will be selected given a certain number of tabs.

It's really frustrating to feel like the main skill cap on my class right now is the functionality of tab targeting.

Umm target center screen is already in-game.... Don't worry, your not the only one that didn't know. Many other people in this thread didn't either....

Does no one check key map.... How can you call yourself a pvp'er or even a MMO player if that is not the first thing you check when you start a new game.

Umm target center screen is already in-game.... Don't worry, your not the only one that didn't know. Many other people in this thread didn't either....

Does no one check key map.... How can you call yourself a pvp'er or even a MMO player if that is not the first thing you check when you start a new game.

Target center screen will target enemies and friendlies. Next time you offer a solution, make sure it's helpful.

If u use the tab centre screen tab target and it hits the wrong guy (ally etc) then hit 'next target' tab, it targets the guy 40m behind and above u having a crap.

I have never had to theory craft targetting in a game before, it has always made intuitive sense.

This issue is compunded by the fact that mouse targetting is not viable either due to the ridiculous hit boxes

This thread is full of replies from people who tried all the possible setups and found them to not be reliable.

Either of the two:

1. You are the most amazing clicker/binder and play flawlessly

or

2. You spam tracer missiles or sit behind cover.

---------

On a less personal note:

For precision target clicking, we really need to be able to click the nameplate and have a better indication of current target (nameplate glow?) since the gfx on the ground is buggy.

Yesterday i gave the "center target" bind another go after the patch. Still not good, it looks like it takes time for the client or server (god knows who provides the client with the id of the target) to realize what players are in the center of your screen.

Did a simple experiment in PvE environment with 2 groups of mobs on each side. Usually the it took some time for the targeting system to register i was now facing the other group and kept rotating on the first group. And I say usually, not always.

That was with 120ms ping if it has anything to do with it.

Now think about a warzone with constant move by me (Playing a sentinel) and everyone

Yep.

I've had every example given here happen to me as well.

Please fix tab targeting, click targeting, and the issue where you have to pull the camera back out constantly that someone mentioned a few pages back.

The tab targeting needs to be high priority imo.

You folks should try Aion, oh lord now THAT is some horrible targeting.

This system could use some work, but overall I do fine....and if not clicking isn't so bad ^^

How can u possibly even suggest that the targetting system in this game is better than it was in Aion?

AGREED!!!!

at moment i have to use mouse to pick up that guy in PVP with low HP in a crowd of them, its the quickest way at the moment if are 6 guys on your screen.

defo agreed: would be good to have a key to rotate between guys with the lowest HP that for sure.

/signed

I do understand that it can take some work to make it more "pre-emptive", but in its current states it severly damages the enjoyment of the game. Using it to get the guy 2nd closest to you is mostly a futile endeavor, as it more often than not chooses some guy far away as the "next" target. It's annoying and pointless until you learn how to exploit or anticipate it, but even then it sucks. With the way nameplates and character models work in this game, clicking a person instead is also an annoyance.

And to the people who love comparing WoW Launch to SWTOR Launch: WoW had a much better version of this system at launch.

Edited by Crowleyz

AGREED!!!!

at moment i have to use mouse to pick up that guy in PVP with low HP in a crowd of them, its the quickest way at the moment if are 6 guys on your screen.

defo agreed: would be good to have a key to rotate between guys with the lowest HP that for sure.

I do not support the logic of targeting sorted by HP. That would be just wrong.

If you want to choose that low hp guy who is fleeing to the health powerup, it should be done by centering at him and know that in X tab clicks you have him as target. OR be able to easily click him while he is running amok in all directions.

If this system was working properly, people would have gotten used to it by now. The thing is, it isn't working properly.