"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

Verill

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think default tab behavior is borderline broken in PvE and PvP.

Don't forget that there is alternative target features in keybinding, they do come with there own set of limitations and it's 2 more keybinds to juggle, but you can improve things a bit with them.

Center Target : Picks friend or foe in center.

Nearest Target : Picks nearest foe, but doesn't jump to next, when you have a target and it's not uncommon you have close targetS and want to target the other one.

I've been able to avoid a few of the tab disasters you get, by using the other two as primary and only using standard tab when those fail.

find both tab targeting and mouse targeting broken somehow.

think both need to be looked at and fixed.

I was just doing Darkness on Ilum when we summoned one of the boss-mobs and I tabbed + Leaped into the group.

Surprisingly, instead of targeting the mobs in the center of my screen, tab decided to target a group of mobs that was completely OFF SCREEN somewhere to the side.

Needless to say I Leaped at them instead of the boss group, causing a major *** moment.

Just finished another civil war round.

A sorc was running away... he was the only player in front of me while 2 are behind.

Pressing the "target center screen"..... nothing.....

Pressing again..... nothing....

Pressing "target next enemy" ..... targets some other player not even on my screen....

Mouse targeting.... at least that worked.