No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it isn't much of a "NO U." It would seem Bioware wants a higher participation rate -- likely because at level cap it's an important part of the game and will increase retention.

You guys are essentially arguing in favor of a niche crowd while Bioware is targeting a considerably larger and more diverse group of people.

So why even have different servers then? As I said in an earlier post, is the tech is there for us to join people from other servers in flashpoints and pvp instances, then why not all game instances?

Here is why I'd NOT want to see this:

Server rep is the only measure we have for players who behave badly in pick-up groups. Once cross-server LFG is put into play, a player's rep ceases to be any concern, and all manner of ******tery ensues.

We saw it with WoW, I'd much rather NOT see it in SWTOR.

Ever.

Player rep is a myth or else there are no bad players on my server. I've not come across any means of being warned about a player. People needed on all drops, playing badly occurs all the time and I see no consequences for it. This is a bad argument in my opinion and wishful thinking at best.

You can still blacklist players in a cross realms LFG thing. They can make it so you can ignore a bad person.

No one cares about community (well most). The overwhelming support for a tool that circumvents any community is proof of that.

You guys talk about community and then shame people for rolling on low pop servers.

It really doesn't matter what argument I will make, people here are set in stone with their thinkinh and have to realise that LFG will come and it is inevitable.

Player rep is a myth or else there are no bad players on my server. I've not come across any means of being warned about a player. People needed on all drops, playing badly occurs all the time and I see no consequences for it. This is a bad argument in my opinion and wishful thinking at best.

You can still blacklist players in a cross realms LFG thing. They can make it so you can ignore a bad person.

people have forgotten how to use global chats to inform the community that "so and so" should be ignored by everyone because he is a ninja looter.

it wasnt always a "myth". wows LFD system just made it obsolete.

it was the easiest way to police the game ourselves back in the day.

/agree!!

No LFG system for me please!! Especially now cross server LFG system.. It is harmful for the community.. It doesn't promote community accountability.. It is often abused by people.. It doesn't decrease wait times for everyone.. Tanks and healers do, but DPS duding peak times still saw a 1-2 hour wait time.. See WOW..

It doesn't promote community communication.. We don't need the game to play the game for us.. :)

But there's zero evidence that it would be the same percentage of participation, and the fact remains that Blizzard has stated time and time again that, yes, LFD has brought in a much larger percentage of the playerbase then was previously active in instances. It's particularly enormous in leveling instances.

Why is restriction suddenly a good thing again?

I would do way more FPs with a system. Right now I don't do them much because I would rather be outside of the fleet doing something else...anything else rather then standing around doing nothing while trying to form a group.

The only time I end up doing them is if I happen to be passing through and I see a LFM message which doesn't happen often.

As much as one of the arguments is that an LFG just makes people stand around the cities there are people that don't like doing that and so by the nature of the fact that you have to stand around to get groups in this game they are removed from the pool of people on that would do a group.

So why even have different servers then? As I said in an earlier post, is the tech is there for us to join people from other servers in flashpoints and pvp instances, then why not all game instances?

Because forced grouping isn't the only aspect of community and being social. I recognize your name well enough from Thorium Brotherhood, which was a RP server. You should know by now just from that experience that there are a bunch of things to do -- with your server community -- besides instance.

You guys talk about community and then shame people for rolling on low pop servers.

It really doesn't matter what argument I will make, people here are set in stone with their thinkinh and have to realise that LFG will come and it is inevitable.

It's not shame. It's a simple concept. You want a large player base to have a healthy community? go where the people are. You want to have trouble finding people and have a tiny community then roll on a dead server.

people have forgotten how to use global chats to inform the community that "so and so" should be ignored by everyone because he is a ninja looter.

it wasnt always a "myth". wows LFD system just made it obsolete.

it was the easiest way to police the game ourselves back in the day.

Well that's nice and all but there aren't global chats in this game and unless people are going to spam the blacklist 24/7 lots of people miss the messages.

It's not shame. It's a simple concept. You want a large player base to have a healthy community? go where the people are. You want to have trouble finding people and have a tiny community then roll on a dead server.

But what if your friends are already there since release?

/agree!!

No LFG system for me please!! Especially now cross server LFG system.. It is harmful for the community.. It doesn't promote community accountability.. It is often abused by people.. It doesn't decrease wait times for everyone.. Tanks and healers do, but DPS duding peak times still saw a 1-2 hour wait time.. See WOW..

It doesn't promote community communication.. We don't need the game to play the game for us.. :)

Well I have to say, I m having a blast sitting in the IF for up to 3 hours spamming LFG over and over. You know, I played a DPS in WOW and I never had a problem with the wait times. At least you could DO THINGS while you waited, instead of sitting in town. Also, 2-3 hour wait times? What? When was this? The longest I ever remember was 45-50 min, and even that is still a hell of a lot better than 2-3 hours.

Edited by Ditched

You know what else hurts the community? Not being able to run anything even though you just spent the last 2 hours spamming general, cajoling your guild, and whispering everyone in your level range.

Take off your rose-colored glasses.

This. FFS this.

Get them to move too. They are your FRIENDS after all.

Right so everyone rerolls to another server after reaching endgame and putting thousands of hours into their characters................yes.................and leave everyone that they met on their servers behind.............all their friends and guildies there.........

You guys are really deperate for arguments, hypcrites. You do not care about the community AT ALL.

Edited by Ostmensch

You know what else hurts the community? Not being able to run anything even though you just spent the last 2 hours spamming general, cajoling your guild, and whispering everyone in your level range.

Take off your rose-colored glasses.

Heh, this is a great point. Is it better to not run group content than to run group content with people who will always be strangers to oyou?

The repercussions are the idiots just get put on way more people's ignore lists and if they're and uber idiot they end up waiting longer for groups because they're shut out of any one person who happens to get put into the group.

Nah it will do a check and when it sees you have someone in that group on ignore, it will make < you > wait for the next group.

Right so everyone rerolls to one servers after reaching endgame and putting thousands of hours into their characters................yes.................and leave everyone that they met on their servers behind.............all their friends and guildies there.........

You guys are really deperate for arguments, hypcrites. You do not care about the community AT ALL.

If they have all these friends and guildies there then they shouldn't be an issue finding groups. I thought we were discussing a dead server where there is no one around.

And who cares if you have to put in more time leveling again. You are going to put in more hours anyway because it's a fun game.

If they have all these friends and guildies there then they shouldn't be an issue finding groups.

Yes, but you see they don't want you to find groups and enjoy content like they are doing! They want to mock you for being anti-social in a VIDEO GAME!

I mean, it's simple---if you don't have a need for LFG then SHUT THE EFF UP and let those that need it have it! Not everyone is a social butterfly like you!

Mods, give me my infraction for saying EFF. Infractions mean nothing.

Edited by xioix

Here is why I'd NOT want to see this:

Server rep is the only measure we have for players who behave badly in pick-up groups. Once cross-server LFG is put into play, a player's rep ceases to be any concern, and all manner of ******tery ensues.

We saw it with WoW, I'd much rather NOT see it in SWTOR.

Ever.

I understand your concern but at least in my experience, bad behavior did not make up for the large part of my experience. It was the rare cases when people were acting like bantha poodoo. I think it's a good bargain to trade the chance for someone screwing you over on the last boss for the chance of getting to it because it's so easy to get a group with cross realm LFG.