No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

Right. I've played WoW since long before there was a LFD tool (back to vanilla, in fact), and my experience with using the tool, day in and day out, has been almost universally positive. I've had worse experience in same server raid PuGs then I generally do in LFD or LFR, and those problems in the random tools usually amount to poor dps or my not getting healed, as a dps, from unavoidable damage.

Rarely, in several years of using the feature at least five times week, have I run across the supposedly horrid behavior everyone cites, and when I do I find I have zero problem with others agreeing to kick them out.

There is, of course, zero data to back this up. Point in fact, as per the recent investor call the glut of casual features and content WoW added might have cauterized the bleed out of subs over the last year. Imagine that, giving access to your game and allowing people to play rather than beat their head against some bottleneck tends to make a majority happy. Strange concept, huh?

No adding "casual features" did nothing. They gave everyone who stayed subed a free diablo 3 and mob beta and they still lost another 100k subs. That says it all really.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What good is a load of new content if only a tiny minority plays it because forming groups is still too hard?

If you find forming a group too hard then I shudder to think what you would be like in a flashpoint.

Sorry only joking but you left yourself wide open to that response :)

No adding "casual features" did nothing. They gave everyone who stayed subed a free diablo 3 and mob beta and they still lost another 100k subs. That says it all really.

You do realize that the North American playerbase 5 to 6 times higher then the number of annual passes, correct?

Either way, we're not talking about WoW so much as your ancedotal evidence -- which is precisely what it is.

If you find forming a group too hard then I shudder to think what you would be like in a flashpoint.

Sorry only joking but you left yourself wide open to that response :)

Joke all you want. Bioware found that most players never run a flashpoint again after The Esseles or Black Talon. Does that seem like a good thing to you?

yeah, its 3 times less than ToR lost in a month or what was the point you were making?

There could be tools in place to have people group with those on their server before they could 'reach out' to other servers. Kind of like a queue if there are less than 5 people flagged to do a FP/whatever on your server than you can 'access' other servers for others flagged for the same FP.

There might even be tools to rate group members when a collection of randoms from different servers get together negative flag/rep from a majority of the group counts as a strike x strikes and you have to wait several days to a week before gaining access to other servers for FP/etc.

Wait just a minute, here! This sounds like a decent idea.

My opposition to the LFD tool is not based in limiting the number of instances an individual can do, so I must admit that having a "staggered" queue system where your server is checked for other toons prior to reaching out to a x-server queue system doesn't sound like a terrible idea.

The ability to rate your tank, heals, and dps is very interesting as long as BW allowed you to select a "rating threshold" of toons that your would be willing to queue with, perhaps. Hmm, maybe there could be sever boxes that you could use to rate your fellow puggies. My only concerns would revolve around overall skill and attitude.

Anywho, I think you may have stumbled onto an interesting option.

I would tend to agree that a cross-server LFG tool is a bit much. Implementing a LFG for a server is much 'healthier' way to go for server integrity. Whats the point of severs if they are linked together? Its hard enough we don't have our own Forums.... Now we spread out even more?

Local Server LFG - Yes

Cross Server LFG - No

I see value in both sides and I propose a solution:

---Cross Server Ignore List---

It will enable people to find players to complete Flashpoints which lack player interest while still removing the harrasing players from your Q. So for example if player "X" is a big !@#$% you have the option to add him to your Cross server ignore list removing him from being seeded into your potential group. THe ignore list will then have to be change to include the server name before the player (I.E. "The Constant - HUNGSOLO").

Who know if this will get read...opinions?

Wont work sorry to say. you would then ignore everyone with that same name on every server.. when you want to just /ignore dorkfish on X server.

You have no idea what you are talking about and dont call me a lier.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/10/21/blizzard-announces-world-of-warcraft-annual-pass/

You got caught lying. That link clearly says they only gave D3 to customers who bought a year-long subscription. What YOU said was that they gave it to "everyone who stayed subbed".

Just admit you were either wrong or you lied and move on.

Wont work sorry to say. you would then ignore everyone with that same name on every server.. when you want to just /ignore dorkfish on X server.

Nah, a person's character ID in such a system includes the server name. For instance, your character would be "Rebeldad-IronCitadel" (just making up an example) for the purpose of the ignore list.

Edited by Caelrie

Actually, WoW enabled you to ignore a specific name from a specific server in your battlegroup.

All you had to do was /ignore name-server. Worked like a charm.

Unfortunately, the number of folks that I'd like to ignore tends to exceed the limits of my ignore list, lol.

Edit: Ah, I see Caelrie types a bit faster than I do.

Edited by Depredator

Actually, WoW enabled you to ignore a specific name from a specific server in your battlegroup.

All you had to do was /ignore name-server. Worked like a charm.

Unfortunately, the number of folks that I'd like to ignore tends to exceed the limits of my ignore list, lol.

Edit: Ah, I see Caelrie types a bit faster than I do.

Ah nice.. I quit wow quite a few years ago so didnt know of that.. thanks

The ability to rate your tank, heals, and dps is very interesting as long as BW allowed you to select a "rating threshold" of toons that your would be willing to queue with, perhaps. Hmm, maybe there could be sever boxes that you could use to rate your fellow puggies. My only concerns would revolve around overall skill and attitude.

Anywho, I think you may have stumbled onto an interesting option.

Unfortunately this will probably lead to griefing where people will vote others down 'for the lulz' so to speak.

I don't get this hatred towards LFG tools.

Just make a tool where you can add people as friends independed on which server they play and everytime you meet someone nice BAM you can do another instance with him later.

Or just make a carbon copy of wows system, I rarely encounter bad people there. Classic WoW was full of brats and it was annoying as hell being the only one at the summoning stone and it taking 1 hour for everyone to get to the instance. And then there was a jerk ninja looting and someone had to go to the city to find a new player......

......stuff like this will be gone in futures mmos with multiple servers, I have limited time and do not want to waste it with boring waiting.

I have limited time and do not want to waste it with boring waiting.

That's why a lot of people hate it. The attitude of people who just want to run in and get their reward without any concern for teamwork is what causes griefing and harassment and causes some people to never want to group again. Just because one ha limited time doesn't entitle one to anything.

You got caught lying. That link clearly says they only gave D3 to customers who bought a year-long subscription. What YOU said was that they gave it to "everyone who stayed subbed".

Just admit you were either wrong or you lied and move on.

Nah, a person's character ID in such a system includes the server name. For instance, your character would be "Rebeldad-IronCitadel" (just making up an example) for the purpose of the ignore list.

You dont have to pay for 12 months up front to get the free diablo 3.

All you have to do is say you will play for the next 12 months and they give it to you and they take the unsub button off your account page.

So every wow player can in fact get diablo 3 free if they wanted if they stayed subbed.

So my point still stands even with giving away a free diabo 3 and mob beta they still lost 100k subs and that says it all (:

Edited by lorelthesecond

That's why a lot of people hate it. The attitude of people who just want to run in and get their reward without any concern for teamwork is what causes griefing and harassment and causes some people to never want to group again. Just because one ha limited time doesn't entitle one to anything.

??

Just because you get to the dungeon fast doesn't make it instant gratification............easy as heck instances with epic loot would do that.

I find it interesting that people have so much time that they can wait an hour in fleet to find other players and then travel etc. making it unbearable to even do one FP a day.

Teamwork is still required, that is actually dungeon dependant and harassment and griefing can be found in any dungeon or raid. With guilds and pugs and without any LFG tool.