** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant complete ilum daily due to bug.

Warzone wins not counting due to bug.

Losing warzones to too many enemies or not enough friendlies on team.

Losing warzones to exploits.

BUT HEY KEEP NERFING **** GUYS ITS REALLY HELPING MAKE EVERYTHING MORE FUN

**** you.

When our PVP DAILY is in ilum.. then we have to go there dont we?

They should maek kills count in WZ's.. problem solved.

So you miss a daily, is that worth raging over? I could possible understand the frustration if players could not log in at all, but if Ilum is the only reason you play, i'm just guessing you won't be playing long anyways.

Cancelled, how could they not notice this on test server?

no one uses the PTR, there is no character copy or auto 50 chracter creation there, so no one wants to go there and level from 1-50

Edited by Brutem

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you all a quick update. The dev team has been investigating the cause of this issue and they're closer to figuring out a solution. As mentioned before, we'll keep you updated with any new developments. Thanks again for your patience on this.

And this is why you should allow people to copy 50's over to the test server. How can you expect things like this to be found with a bunch of lowbies running around testing?

first of all, i think you people fail to realize that the people who actually post on the forums only make up about 5%-10% of the player base for most games at best. Secondly, out of these people, most of the post on here are vague, uninformative, or hateful, or all three.

When you notice a bug, report it in a constructive manner. Give as many details as possible. Provide video footage if you can. Stay on topic, don't get side-tracked with meaningless bs filling up the original post pages so that there is just way too much crap for anyone to even want to read through it all to get to the heart of the matter. Mainly, be constructive, contribute something besides just your opinion of the situation, your hateful remarks, your bashing on other people who post, and the meaningless threats about hope u are about to unsubscribe/rage quit because this isn't working or that isn't fixed or omg its too easy or hard.

Most of the posts under this topic are **** i demand a fix now.... I killed x amount of players in setup a, b, +c, and didn't get any credit at all for doing so. List times, places, server, faction, valor rank, etc anything u think may be useful in solving the problem. Honestly all the posts without such information should be deleted as trash.

Ironically enough, when a moderator or csr responds to hateful posts like these, clearly stating they have begun to look into the problem, or that there may even be a problem, the post is met with perhaps a single thank you from the community, followed by even more hateful posts than before. Or the response is just completely ignored because it wasn't the particular response people were looking for.

As far as people complaining about bugs and how broken this game is, i have to wonder if this is your first mmo you have ever played. This game is far from broken. Bugs do exists, and it is true that some fixes introduce bugs that were not foreseen, but on a whole, bioware has patched and fixed/updated this game more in the first 1.5 months of release than most mmos have in the course of a year. Insulting the developers who are trying to find a balance to keep the forum community happen as well as keeping the game balanced in completely unnecessary and counter productive. Were i in their shoes, i would already discounted a lot of the posters on the forums as the 'no matter what changes you make i won't be happy till its exactly how i think it should be' people. Because that is how most of these posts come off.

We know from our wow experiences, that basing pvp hot fixes on things posted in the forums, without deeply investigating the causes and conditions, just leads to more imbalance. As much as the wow fan boys would like you to believe otherwise, pvp in wow is still broken in many aspects, and on many levels, the pvp game play in this game is more balanced than wow ever was, minus the exploits to valor and current imbalance in ilum due to faction population differences.

On topic, they already posted, on page 12 in case you didn't make it that far before writing a post, that they are glad you made them aware of the problem and that they were looking into it. Of course this wasn't good enough for people, so more hateful posts followed. Aside from the ilum 'bug' that people are experiencing, everything else in the patch is working great from what i can tell. The biggest change for most people being in the commendations received from champion and battle master bags now. While you are being hateful of bioware, and calling them incompetent and suggesting they fire such and such, don't care about the player base, and just don't care about pvp; please keep in mind that the commendation/bag changes were a completely player requested change in the way those items worked, in which bioware implemented rather quickly given the time from release of the game to release of the change. Obviously things like this get over looked when 'something' doesn't work, and woe is me, if it takes months to fix this i am out type of people... But bioware has shown us, since release, that if something is truly broken or unbalanced, they endeavor to fix it as quickly as possible.

No mmo i have ever played has ever been able to keep the forum junkies happy, and even when changes do come, positive good changes, there is no ty for the quick fix, good job, that boys going around. Generally its just more hate about something else that 'isn't the way i want it to be so fix it' kind of posts. Even after the moderator got on here and asked you all to stay focused, be civilized, and allow them time to look into and fix it, this post too was met with hateful remarks. And all the while, the people who make these remarks expect the csr and moderators to hear their opinion or 'bug report' as valid facts while they bash the people they are 'supposedly' trying to help save the game.

Swtor doesn't need saving. Those of who think this game is a sinking ship are free to have that opinion, but honestly i disagree. The game has tons of potential, is still relatively new, and updates and patches faster than any game i have played to date. When something is broken, they taken in your feedback, as hateful as it is, look into, and fix it as fast as they can. That is all you can really ask for any company to do from a customer service point of view. If there is one thing bioware should learn from wow, its that listening to the forums, for 'game balancing changes' has to be taken with a grain of salt. Wow did this to great extent, and because of that remained unbalanced for a very long time, and in many ways still is unbalanced where pvp is concerned. People may disagree, and that is their opinion and they are entitled to it, but i am just speaking from my own experience.

The bare bones of the subject of this post is this - the player base of the game created a situation where they were exploiting the way ilum was intended to work. Though this could have probably been foreseen, it was not, and though it may be too late to retroactively punish those exploiters, the best they can do now is implement changes to prevent this from continuing. They have already said - 'we are looking into the situation and will keep u updated', twice in this forum post. Both times they were met with just more hatred. Honestly i don't see why any company would want to deal with the mmo community in general just because they are more hateful than constructive 95% of the time.

Ilum is broken according to some people, on different servers, and past a certain time today.. They said they are looking into it and will update us as soon as they have more information. The patch released this morning, their responses to your complaints came shortly after you posted them on the forums. People suggested the 'rollback' the servers to the previous patch; honestly, f'that. The new changes, aside from the ilum bug, greatly outweigh the inconvenience of ilum atm. To be honest, ilum has always been an inconvenience for most people on uneven faction populated servers, and the bag changes alone were worth the patch. Not to mention the increase in pvp responsiveness of yer skills activating and the improved 'cool-down' ui added to better show wut skills are available when.

Just my two cents. Just get tired of seeing all of these non constructive posts and rage filled posts. Honestly, report the bug you have found, give as many details as possible, and be constructive in your criticism. Otherwise **** unless u can do it better, and in that case, pls apply to bioware asap.

On a whole, i am happy with the game and where it is going. The commendation change was a huge huge buff to anyone with any-type of reading comprehension. Even this change was met with hatred, after the player base specifically said' we want more control over our pvp progression', met with so much in fact before the patch even released, that bioware had to spell out the specific details of just how many of what u would get in each bag. In hindsight, they could of avoided some outrage by mentioning this upfront, but on the whole, i am sure it would have been met with just as much hatred and bs as most changes to games are.

Swtor is still a child as far as mmos go. It has been out for 1.5 months now. Just look at the 'patch notes' list if you honestly think bioware has done nothing to improve their game since release. If you still feel that way after seeing how many, and what they fixed in those patches, then you have no business being on the forums giving any type of opinion whatsoever because you obviously lack a basic understanding of things plainly obvious.

Yes, ilum is bugged atm for some people, yes crafting needs work, yes the warzone issue, which i myself have not experienced with wins not counting, needs to be addressed; but on a whole, bioware is doing a pretty good job at trying to keep the players happy, keeping the game in balance, and fixing things when they arise in a timely manner so far. So if you're gonna complain, at least do it constructively so this game can continue moving forward, instead of the pointless insulting bs most of you post on these forums.

Thanks in advance. Have a great night.

qfe

^^^

Server: wound in the force

fought pubs at SW bridge (where the tuesday fighting always happens). got to 41 kills before noticing the issue. it persisted through a successful pub effort to push us back our spawn point, our successful rebuttal, multiple zergs, and a flanking maneuver to get the ones in the back who don't die often or at all in kill trading. dying did not make it go away even for a few minutes.

I agree with an earlier post essentially saying that if this is 'working as intended' then BW needs to throw out specifics so that we atleast know what we're supposed to do to get credit.

edit: forgot to check for dev response first. guess its not working as intended.

Edited by imperator_sulla

First of all, I think you people fail to realize that the people who actually post on the forums only make up about 5%-10% of the player base for most games at best. Secondly, out of these people, most of the post on here are vague, uninformative, or hateful, or all three.

When you notice a bug, report it in a constructive manner. Give as many details as possible. Provide video footage if you can. Stay on topic, don't get side-tracked with meaningless bs filling up the original post pages so that there is just way too much crap for anyone to even want to read through it all to get to the heart of the matter. mainly, be constructive, contribute something besides just your opinion of the situation, your hateful remarks, your bashing on other people who post, and the meaningless threats about hope u are about to unsubscribe/rage quit because this isn't working or that isn't fixed or omg its too easy or hard.

Most of the posts under this topic are **** I demand a fix now.... I killed x amount of players in setup a, b, +c, and didn't get any credit at all for doing so. List times, places, server, faction, valor rank, etc anything u think may be useful in solving the problem. Honestly all the posts without such information should be deleted as trash.

Ironically enough, when a moderator or csr responds to hateful posts like these, clearly stating they have begun to look into the problem, or that there may even be a problem, the post is met with perhaps a single thank you from the community, followed by even more hateful posts than before. Or the response is just completely ignored because it wasn't the particular response people were looking for.

As far as people complaining about bugs and how broken this game is, I have to wonder if this is your first mmo you have ever played. This game is far from broken. Bugs do exists, and it is true that some fixes introduce bugs that were not foreseen, but on a whole, Bioware has patched and fixed/updated this game more in the first 1.5 months of release than most mmos have in the course of a year. insulting the developers who are trying to find a balance to keep the forum community happen as well as keeping the game balanced in completely unnecessary and counter productive. were I in their shoes, I would already discounted a lot of the posters on the forums as the 'no matter what changes you make I won't be happy till its exactly how i think it should be' people. because that is how most of these posts come off.

We know from our Wow experiences, that basing pvp hot fixes on things posted in the forums, without deeply investigating the causes and conditions, just leads to more imbalance. As much as the Wow fan boys would like you to believe otherwise, pvp in wow is still broken in many aspects, and on many levels, the pvp game play in this game is more balanced than wow ever was, minus the exploits to valor and current imbalance in ilum due to faction population differences.

On topic, they already posted, on page 12 in case you didn't make it that far before writing a post, that they are glad you made them aware of the problem and that they were looking into it. Of course this wasn't good enough for people, so more hateful posts followed. aside from the Ilum 'bug' that people are experiencing, everything else in the patch is working great from what I can tell. The biggest change for most people being in the commendations received from champion and battle master bags now. while you are being hateful of Bioware, and calling them incompetent and suggesting they fire such and such, don't care about the player base, and just don't care about pvp; please keep in mind that the commendation/bag changes were a completely player requested change in the way those items worked, in which bioware implemented rather quickly given the time from release of the game to release of the change. obviously things like this get over looked when 'something' doesn't work, and woe is me, if it takes months to fix this I am out type of people... but Bioware has shown us, since release, that if something is truly broken or unbalanced, they endeavor to fix it as quickly as possible.

No mmo I have ever played has ever been able to keep the forum junkies happy, and even when changes do come, positive good changes, there is no ty for the quick fix, good job, that boys going around. generally its just more hate about something else that 'isn't the way I want it to be so fix it' kind of posts. Even after the moderator got on here and asked you all to stay focused, be civilized, and allow them time to look into and fix it, this post too was met with hateful remarks. And all the while, the people who make these remarks expect the csr and moderators to hear their opinion or 'bug report' as valid facts while they bash the people they are 'supposedly' trying to help save the game.

Swtor doesn't need saving. Those of who think this game is a sinking ship are free to have that opinion, but honestly I disagree. The game has tons of potential, is still relatively new, and updates and patches faster than any game I have played to date. when something is broken, they taken in your feedback, as hateful as it is, look into, and fix it as fast as they can. That is all you can really ask for any company to do from a customer service point of view. If there is one thing Bioware should learn from Wow, its that listening to the forums, for 'game balancing changes' has to be taken with a grain of salt. Wow did this to great extent, and because of that remained unbalanced for a very long time, and in many ways still is unbalanced where pvp is concerned. People may disagree, and that is their opinion and they are entitled to it, but I am just speaking from my own experience.

The bare bones of the subject of this post is this - The PLAYER BASE of the game created a situation where they were exploiting the way Ilum was intended to work. Though this could have probably been foreseen, it was not, and though it may be too late to retroactively punish those exploiters, the best they can do now is implement changes to prevent this from continuing. They have already said - 'We are looking into the situation and will keep u updated', twice in this forum post. both times they were met with just more hatred. honestly I don't see why any company would want to deal with the mmo community in general just because they are more hateful than constructive 95% of the time.

Ilum is broken according to some people, on different servers, and past a certain time today.. they said they are looking into it and will update us as soon as they have more information. The patch released this morning, their responses to your complaints came shortly after you posted them on the forums. People suggested the 'rollback' the servers to the previous patch; Honestly, f'that. The new changes, aside from the ilum bug, greatly outweigh the inconvenience of Ilum atm. to be honest, Ilum has always been an inconvenience for most people on uneven faction populated servers, and the bag changes alone were worth the patch. Not to mention the increase in pvp responsiveness of yer skills activating and the improved 'cool-down' ui added to better show wut skills are available when.

Just my two cents. just get tired of seeing all of these non constructive posts and rage filled posts. Honestly, report the bug you have found, give as many details as possible, and be constructive in your criticism. Otherwise **** unless u can do it better, and in that case, pls apply to bioware asap.

On a whole, I am happy with the game and where it is going. The commendation change was a huge huge buff to anyone with any-type of reading comprehension. Even this change was met with hatred, after the player base specifically said' we want more control over our pvp progression', met with so much in fact before the patch even released, that Bioware had to Spell out the specific details of just how many of what u would get in each bag. In hindsight, they could of avoided some outrage by mentioning this upfront, but on the whole, I am sure it would have been met with just as much hatred and bs as most changes to games are.

Swtor is still a child as far as MMOs go. It has been out for 1.5 months now. Just look at the 'patch notes' list if you honestly think Bioware has done nothing to improve their game since release. If you still feel that way after seeing how many, and what they fixed in those patches, then you have no business being on the forums giving any type of opinion whatsoever because you obviously lack a basic understanding of things plainly obvious.

Yes, Ilum is bugged atm for some people, yes crafting needs work, yes the warzone issue, which i myself have not experienced with wins not counting, needs to be addressed; But on a whole, Bioware is doing a pretty good job at trying to keep the players happy, keeping the game in balance, and fixing things when they arise in a timely manner so far. So if you're gonna complain, at least do it constructively so this game can continue moving forward, instead of the pointless insulting bs most of you post on these forums.

Thanks in Advance. Have a great night.

Thank You for this Joyce/Faulkner-esque-stream-of-conciousnes rant that pretty well captures many of my feelings as well..

This game isn't going away, its going to keep growing. So all that talk is just talk. This game has real appeal to the masses becaquse it is so easy and enjoyable single player. The MMO side is also quite playable, but not completely developed. Obviously open world PvP didn't get as much attention as it could have. But it will get more over time.

But lets all agree that we love it when a stuff like this happens. So we can get on here and let off some steam on the forums and lol/cry about how imperfect the MMO world we want to live in is. One of the primary functions of Video games in our culture is for people to let off steam, in all kinds of bizaarre, questionable and violent ways, over meaningless things. PvP Kids setting up a kill swap are having a blast. The moral questions of exploitation and cheating are exciting. Fairness can be adjusted for. Hopefully, in the next rev of their PvP planet, they make some changes.

On Helm of Graush server, Ilum 1 and then later in the day I believe Ilum 2 also broke, but we were able to get around 40 kills or so to count, then you suicide into the opposing team come back and bam get another 40 or so counted kills. I know it's not perfect but in case no one else has posted something along these lines (way to lazy to read all the pages.lol) there is a workaround in the meantime. Also of note: if someone dies alot to your ops group then it seems they DR your valor/quest kill count superfast.

Fixed on Wound in the Force thanks BW fast work

Omg... a Thank you! Hehehehhe, You , sir, deserve a medal!

Anyway, Glad its 'fixed' now for some people. I wish this would make all the people who put down the developers and said they didn't care about their game, its broken forever, etc.... would say ty and apologize to, but that is probably beyond them.

Anyway, glad things are working now, less hate to read.....

For all you haters, who say the game is a sinking ship.... just keep in mind it took them less than one day to fix the issue..... Just sayin.....

First of all, I think you people fail to realize that the people who actually post on the forums only make up about 5%-10% of the player base for most games at best. Secondly, out of these people, most of the post on here are vague, uninformative, or hateful, or all three.

When you notice a bug, report it in a constructive manner. Give as many details as possible. Provide video footage if you can. Stay on topic, don't get side-tracked with meaningless bs filling up the original post pages so that there is just way too much crap for anyone to even want to read through it all to get to the heart of the matter. mainly, be constructive, contribute something besides just your opinion of the situation, your hateful remarks, your bashing on other people who post, and the meaningless threats about hope u are about to unsubscribe/rage quit because this isn't working or that isn't fixed or omg its too easy or hard.

Most of the posts under this topic are **** I demand a fix now.... I killed x amount of players in setup a, b, +c, and didn't get any credit at all for doing so. List times, places, server, faction, valor rank, etc anything u think may be useful in solving the problem. Honestly all the posts without such information should be deleted as trash.

As far as people complaining about bugs and how broken this game is, I have to wonder if this is your first mmo you have ever played. This game is far from broken. Bugs do exists, and it is true that some fixes introduce bugs that were not foreseen, but on a whole, Bioware has patched and fixed/updated this game more in the first 1.5 months of release than most mmos have in the course of a year. insulting the developers who are trying to find a balance to keep the forum community happen as well as keeping the game balanced in completely unnecessary and counter productive. were I in their shoes, I would already discounted a lot of the posters on the forums as the 'no matter what changes you make I won't be happy till its exactly how i think it should be' people. because that is how most of these posts come off.

We know from our Wow experiences, that basing pvp hot fixes on things posted in the forums, without deeply investigating the causes and conditions, just leads to more imbalance. As much as the Wow fan boys would like you to believe otherwise, pvp in wow is still broken in many aspects, and on many levels, the pvp game play in this game is more balanced than wow ever was, minus the exploits to valor and current imbalance in ilum due to faction population differences.

On topic, they already posted, on page 12 in case you didn't make it that far before writing a post, that they are glad you made them aware of the problem and that they were looking into it. Of course this wasn't good enough for people, so more hateful posts followed. aside from the Ilum 'bug' that people are experiencing, everything else in the patch is working great from what I can tell. The biggest change for most people being in the commendations received from champion and battle master bags now. while you are being hateful of Bioware, and calling them incompetent and suggesting they fire such and such, don't care about the player base, and just don't care about pvp; please keep in mind that the commendation/bag changes were a completely player requested change in the way those items worked, in which bioware implemented rather quickly given the time from release of the game to release of the change. obviously things like this get over looked when 'something' doesn't work, and woe is me, if it takes months to fix this I am out type of people... but Bioware has shown us, since release, that if something is truly broken or unbalanced, they endeavor to fix it as quickly as possible.

No mmo I have ever played has ever been able to keep the forum junkies happy, and even when changes do come, positive good changes, there is no ty for the quick fix, good job, that boys going around. generally its just more hate about something else that 'isn't the way I want it to be so fix it' kind of posts. Even after the moderator got on here and asked you all to stay focused, be civilized, and allow them time to look into and fix it, this post too was met with hateful remarks. And all the while, the people who make these remarks expect the csr and moderators to hear their opinion or 'bug report' as valid facts while they bash the people they are 'supposedly' trying to help save the game.

Swtor doesn't need saving. Those of who think this game is a sinking ship are free to have that opinion, but honestly I disagree. The game has tons of potential, is still relatively new, and updates and patches faster than any game I have played to date. when something is broken, they taken in your feedback, as hateful as it is, look into, and fix it as fast as they can. That is all you can really ask for any company to do from a customer service point of view. If there is one thing Bioware should learn from Wow, its that listening to the forums, for 'game balancing changes' has to be taken with a grain of salt. Wow did this to great extent, and because of that remained unbalanced for a very long time, and in many ways still is unbalanced where pvp is concerned. People may disagree, and that is their opinion and they are entitled to it, but I am just speaking from my own experience.

The bare bones of the subject of this post is this - The PLAYER BASE of the game created a situation where they were exploiting the way Ilum was intended to work. Though this could have probably been foreseen, it was not, and though it may be too late to retroactively punish those exploiters, the best they can do now is implement changes to prevent this from continuing. They have already said - 'We are looking into the situation and will keep u updated', twice in this forum post. both times they were met with just more hatred. honestly I don't see why any company would want to deal with the mmo community in general just because they are more hateful than constructive 95% of the time.

Ilum is broken according to some people, on different servers, and past a certain time today.. they said they are looking into it and will update us as soon as they have more information. The patch released this morning, their responses to your complaints came shortly after you posted them on the forums. People suggested the 'rollback' the servers to the previous patch; Honestly, f'that. The new changes, aside from the ilum bug, greatly outweigh the inconvenience of Ilum atm. to be honest, Ilum has always been an inconvenience for most people on uneven faction populated servers, and the bag changes alone were worth the patch. Not to mention the increase in pvp responsiveness of yer skills activating and the improved 'cool-down' ui added to better show wut skills are available when.

Just my two cents. just get tired of seeing all of these non constructive posts and rage filled posts. Honestly, report the bug you have found, give as many details as possible, and be constructive in your criticism. Otherwise **** unless u can do it better, and in that case, pls apply to bioware asap.

On a whole, I am happy with the game and where it is going. The commendation change was a huge huge buff to anyone with any-type of reading comprehension. Even this change was met with hatred, after the player base specifically said' we want more control over our pvp progression', met with so much in fact before the patch even released, that Bioware had to Spell out the specific details of just how many of what u would get in each bag. In hindsight, they could of avoided some outrage by mentioning this upfront, but on the whole, I am sure it would have been met with just as much hatred and bs as most changes to games are.

Swtor is still a child as far as MMOs go. It has been out for 1.5 months now. Just look at the 'patch notes' list if you honestly think Bioware has done nothing to improve their game since release. If you still feel that way after seeing how many, and what they fixed in those patches, then you have no business being on the forums giving any type of opinion whatsoever because you obviously lack a basic understanding of things plainly obvious.

Yes, Ilum is bugged atm for some people, yes crafting needs work, yes the warzone issue, which i myself have not experienced with wins not counting, needs to be addressed; But on a whole, Bioware is doing a pretty good job at trying to keep the players happy, keeping the game in balance, and fixing things when they arise in a timely manner so far. So if you're gonna complain, at least do it constructively so this game can continue moving forward, instead of the pointless insulting bs most of you post on these forums.

Agreed!

Post of the day, definitely.

Omg... a Thank you! Hehehehhe, You , sir, deserve a medal!

Anyway, Glad its 'fixed' now for some people. I wish this would make all the people who put down the developers and said they didn't care about their game, its broken forever, etc.... would say ty and apologize to, but that is probably beyond them.

Anyway, glad things are working now, less hate to read.....

For all you haters, who say the game is a sinking ship.... just keep in mind it took them less than one day to fix the issue..... Just sayin.....

An issue that should not have made it out of testing. We need the ability to properly test patches... more than a couple days to do it, ability to have level 50s on test server, and some incentive to get enough people on the server for a legit test (maybe complete certain tasks and be entered into a drawing for some free swag like Star Wars stuff, game time, etc).

If 50 people played on Ilum for 30 minutes on the test server, they would've been able to tell Bioware that something was wrong. So either they need a huge QA team or they need to allow (and encourage) us to help with the QA process.

So basically everyone should shut up and eat BW's turd sandwich and be happy regardless of the fact that this is the third time in a month they've messed up Illum, which was already terribly designed to begin with. I don't get why we have to do BW's job for them when they can't even bother to test their own damn game. Where are the millions of dollars going?