Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

GeorgZoeller

I don't think the bio and cyber items you can use at 400 should be available to everyone. I think that the purple which a re-usable should be just that, the same as the highest saleable stims just re-usable...if a bio has to craft 50 med packs for himself to use it feels like a pain.

If you let everyone use the re-useable ones then sooner or later no one will need to buy anything off of a bio.

Just my thoughts.

Do you have Cybertech? The mods that you get from dailies are BETTER than the ones you can craft out of the gate (barring a schematic drop.) End game Cybertech is in MASSIVE trouble for end game. It's virtually useless at end game.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

This

I spent the better part of 100-150 hours grinding valor after I hit level 50, and this hits me int he face two days before I hit Valor 60.

Is my Battlemaster gear going to be less effective now than, say Columi?

If so.... my reaction:

Right now people are gearing through PvP to do Operations. What does that tell you about end game gear?

As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

Why is everyone freaking out about PvP gear nerfs? This comment is all we have to go on, and nowhere in it does it say they're planning on nerfing gear. They talk about reducing the difference, and anyone that can subtract two numbers will tell you there is two ways to do that: reducing the larger number (minuend*), or increasing the smaller number (subtrahend*). Yes maybe they will, but it's also just as likely that they'll create better gear for people just hitting 50, thus preventing them from being owned quite so hard - they'll still have to work to be on par with fully equipped PvPers, it just won't be a ridiculously painful affair. We don't know what's going to happen yet, so just chillaxe people. :cool:

*assuming a non negative answer

Well, RE does not need to be made EASIER or more FREQUENT in my opinion...it just needs to work properly. The duplicate success bug needs to be fixed and there needs to be some kind of focus/direction on REing...perhaps a success yields a token allowing you to learn whichever of the purple recipes you want. Don't make it so every RE yields a purple recipe though. Make the gear useful and fix the overall system, don't just dumb it down further.

So now the Competitive PVPer's have to raid to stay competitive? No, thanks I go elsewhere. Since the pet system is similar to Shadowbane crafting system why not let them make the recipes or find the recipes just take some of the RNG out of it.

It seems we are really playing different games. Only +200-1000 credits profit from the mission, and very rarely i had more than a 1000 creds profit. Though i dropped slicing before 1.1.1

Yeah, right.

uh, you dont profit off of the lockboxes...you profit off of the missions you get as drops from slicing. Something tells me you dont actually have the slicing skill.

Something I'm concerned about with regards to endgame crafting is the viability of it if you're not a hardcore raider (ops, whatever). BoP and BoE schematics and mats are great, if you're in a raiding guild. If you do PVP, or just stick to dailies/social/crafting without doing Operations or Hard Modes, are you to be left out in the cold? I certainly hope not.

Of course, making schematics and materials BoE instead of BoP helps, since that also becomes part of the economy. But if the schematic is BoE and the materials are BoP, then pure crafters are hosed.

What if the extractable purple mods were bound to you and any orange gear you inserted them into became bound. That way you can choose your look but still have to work for good gear. Would this work or am I missing something? Apologies if this has been brought up. (A lot of posts to read)

As far orange crit goes would this cause the gear to have more slots than end game gear or be the same but without mods?

More slots, that's the problem. Basically they design all these endgame sets that nobody in their right mind will actually wear with this change. They'll just purchase the item, rip out the mods, and throw them in their crit crafted orange with an additional augment slot for more stats.

Hopefully there's just more they're not telling us and they're not actually going to follow through with only what they said. It just doesn't make any sense to design all these sets if nobody is going to wear them. There should be a choice between set look and orange look, it should not be mandatory for stats.

Edited by hadoken

I really feel like you guys are listening to the community and that makes me very happy. At first I was a bit worried, but I think you get it now.

No they are not. Biochecm is not the problem .. It is that dang PVP Champ Gear it is killing crafters for end game. make it so only PVP gear can be used in PVP or make the end game schematics for the crafters better then the pvp gear.

...specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

Regards

Georg

Too high? Georg...it's the deciding factor almost every time. Honestly, how did this elude you during design? And the gap just widens the less you do to address PvP issues.

Please, try to take this seriously and with a bit of urgency...Buff the faction on Ilum that has less players, bring back the standard 50 PvP gear that HAD expertise, add overlapping turrets to the Ilum bases to break up the ridiculous hoard that just camps the entrances.

You have an utter mess on your hands with PvP right now Georg...please begin reading the player/customer feedback on it.

we've reduced the effectiveness of the BioChem exclusive Rakata Stimpacks to be equal to Energized stimpacks. Their intended benefit is the cost savings they provide over time, not an increase in power

So you nerf something again .. But yet you still do not get it BW. Anything a crafter makes should be BOE.. The way to fix this is make everything a crafter makes BOE. Not nerf it ..

Wow...they are so quick to burn every bridge with the PvP community. Here is an idea, let's keep taking away from those who have spent time in game getting Battlemaster...then let's nerf it to the point that someone wearing PvE gear can run in and slaughter everyone.

I see this going the wrong direction very quickly.

translation:

Miallen: <rage, RAGE against the dying of the light...>

...or just open your eyes. Any time. Your call.

This was posted on the other thread. Add an Augmentation Device. Synthweaving gets one (or more, level-requirement based) to put on Force-User armor, Armormech gets one to put on non-force armor, armstech gets one for guns, and artifice gets one for lightsabers.

it would be great for the Galactic Market. And for those tradeskills that seem to be missing right now.

Great idea.

Otherwise, we're all going to be wearing the same 1-2 sets of armor per class.

Augments only being exclusive to crafted gear never sat well with me, anyway.

I know crafters are up in arms about everything but Biochem being useless at the end game, but this isn't the way to fix it. Give everyone consumables. Augmentation kits sound like a great idea, MUCH more useful than allowing augment slots on orange gear.

As someone who has literally just found out about crafting and Orange items etc This is a first for me and can I say crafting is quite fun! I now have more incentive to engage in it but i have a few suggestions:

1) I think a better tutorial is needed for Crafting as I actually found out from a player on the forums what Orange items were all about. Before that I was taking the "best" gear I could find from mission rewards but I think its apparent that I should be keeping my Orange items (cause they look cool lol) to strip out old mods and insert new ones. So yeah a better tutorial which shows the benefits of Colours and items.

2) When you Press N and look at Artifice etc it isn't really that clear to people with less crafting experience what is what. For example it isn't clear what level your craft is and in effect what sort of level gear you will be making for overall. I think that there should be a Level indicator as to what your crafting is sitting at, so when I look at Artifice at level 100 it should say you can craft gear up to level XX - Perhaps this should also consider the recipes you have?

3) I mentioned this earlier but, even now I have a better understanding it isn't clear what colours mean to new players of both The Old Republic and MMO's in general. Perhaps a tutorial could be given on this? If it is already there then I have missed it.

This is all I can think of on crafting for now until I become more experienced with it, but it is quite fun and I'm enjoying it more in this game than the few others I have played. Thanks Bioware.

Edited by Valero

Step 1: Nerf the strongest PvP gear.

Step 2: Roflstomp everything in PvE gear.

Step 3: Massive QQ ensues.

Seriously Bioware...

ENTRY LEVEL PVP GEAR! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS?!

It's really not that difficult.

Learning to play your class instead of relying on gear buffs. Do you know that that is?

Too high? Georg...it's the deciding factor almost every time. Honestly, how did this elude you during design? And the gap just widens the less you do to address PvP issues.

Please, try to take this seriously and with a bit of urgency...Buff the faction on Ilum that has less players, bring back the standard 50 PvP gear that HAD expertise, add overlapping turrets to the Ilum bases to break up the ridiculous hoard that just camps the entrances.

You have an utter mess on your hands with PvP right now Georg...please begin reading the player/customer feedback on it.

Are you seriously complaining about imbalanced PVP in a thread where they state they are fixing PVP? Is there any winning with this community? Short of time-travel, how would you suggest they do anything different than how they are doing it?

I get what they are doing and I don't like it. End-Game crafting is useless. So they are nerfing the one class that actually is useful which is why Bio-Chem is getting knocked out. Instead of this approach I would take a "lets buff up the other professions so they match the worth of Bio-Chem". WoW did this by having different professions give different buffs.. For example a Jewelcrafter got an extra Jewel slot. Or a blacksmith got an extra BS slot. If WoW took the SWTOR approach it would be lets take away both of those because its not fair that everyone can't have everything. Which leads to the PVP..

" As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high."

Again instead of the nerf how about making entry level pvp gear for craftable for a synth weaver. Bam right there gives a synth more to do and solves the problem of too much damage difference for new 50's.

I mean this with all nerd rage aside... What is there to do end game.. the Raids are broken, PVP on ilum is hit or miss big time, WZ's don't register, my PVP gear that I'm working hard to get is going to be nerfed, end game Crafting is useless and there is no end-game storyline content.

Please tell me why biochem is the only profession you guys are looking into. Seriously, every other profession is so godawful you would be a completely numbskull to choose it over biochem, yet you guys keep tweaking only biochem.

Armormech, synthweaving, armstech are a complete waste of time due to the fact that nothing you get is unique, every recipe you get can get gained as a full drop by doing hard modes or raids, you guys have put little to know effort into the crafting system. This change to remove the armoring from epics AFFECTS CRAFTING IN NO WAY!

Seriously, how is that even put into the profession changes. There are so many problems with crafting. You guys need to dig deeper and try harder.

well i have few points for you you can do hard modes in master crafted armor ... if you put alot of time into it i seen it done this guy posted pics of his master crafted armor and was doing hard mods raids with it.. so its not useless first before you say its useless i bet you only put yay 400 useless gear with out even putting time into it to say that its useless. sadly this guy did it already and he has master crafted gear .... so its good raids until you get raid gear .... So you cant get raid gear over night so i don't see you post valid :p