Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

GeorgZoeller

slicing almost useless? are you and me playing the same game? I'm pulling in a ridiculous number of crafting missions from every 5x run of slicing missions i send out. In the past 24 hours ive shot my balance up from 36k to 1m...what are you doing?

It seems we are really playing different games. Only +200-1000 credits profit from the mission, and very rarely i had more than a 1000 creds profit. Though i dropped slicing before 1.1.1

In the past 24 hours ive shot my balance up from 36k to 1m..

Yeah, right.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if it's all to even out;

Where's the BoP Rakata Ear piece for Cybertech?

Where's the BoP Rakata Implants for Biochem?

Where's something useful at all for Armstech?

Artifice has otherwise unobtainable Relics, with Augument slot. Nice passives on that.

Synthweaving/Armormech has otherwise obtainable bracers/belt with Augument slot. Nice passives on that as well.

If your original intention was to design them equal, that Biochem, for instance, was only to produce reusable as a fund-cutter, why is there no passive stuff? All things equal, +56 (2x28) to any stat of choice is a decent passive.

For comparison, while Adrenal's may offer a larger burst, 565 Power (for instance) over 15 seconds, it has a reuse of 3 minutes, making it roughly 47.1 Power over time if used whenever off CD - even worse than the passives offered by Augument slots. That said - Adrenals aren't even exclusive to Biochemists, making the edge over non-biochemists Adrenal users about 12 (people say it's 25% more effective than the trade-able one).

That said, Auguments have much more variables than Stims, and be slotted after need - making them even more potent.

Add the increased potency of Rakata relics (which don't even require Artifice 400, making it "the new Biochem" as of last patch when it got passive Endurance).

Now, Biochem is still rich-mans problems;

Do your metrics and figure why Cybertech and Armstech are virtually non-existent at 50. It's because they offers nothing.

Reusable grenades with like 5 minutes reuse that got nerfed across the board because of PvP whinery? Yea...

Even the mount is usable after switching crew skill if you've clicked it already.

Armstech can produce augumentable weapons, which can match T1 weapons, but off-hands are still absolutely horrible. (Why aren't non-weapon Off-Hands moddable by the way? Since Rakata non-weapon offhand are horribly stated, offers very little upgrade in tech/force damage, they are simply not upgrade most of the time. Making them slotable would go a long way; or is this a specific bonus for dual wield? If so, give classes that have a mirror that can dual wield the option to do so too; or you'll simply see more of those imbalance posts of which advantage the other side has!)

But I don't understand why you're so busy nerfing instead of actually comparing and buffing where needed. Even though getting to 400 in a crew skill is dead easy, there should be some reward in keeping it...

Currently, and seemingly after the patch as well, you still want to go:

Armormech/Synthweaving 400 -> Get Mastercrafted belt/bracer -> Artifice 400 -> Get 2 Mastercrafted Relics -> Biochemistry.

Add 400 requirements to all "Rakata" level items and make sure every profession has at least one; Armtech could get a Rakata offhand (since Gharj gives them out for free anyway). Augument passives are by far the best buff, at least after Biochem stim nerf.

I am on the pvp server port nowhere. Anyone who knows me either knows me or hates me, I don't do much more than troll and harass and pvp.

I have been around the block since the beginning, Your craft system is atrocious.

Do you have any idea how large the crafting contingent is?

Do crafters really have to wait for expansion packs to get new recipes?

There is nothing in the SWTOR box that makes crafters remotely unique.

First...

Nothing should ever be repaired to full durability EVER efinEVER. The crafter that made such item should have a chance at getting damn close but never ever full.

Crafted gear should have the possibility of being the best stuff in game.

Crafters should have the ability to craft and sell everything they can make.

Leave Rikata stuff alone, give it 50/75/100 uses and usable by anyone.

Alchemy/Enrichment... Crafters should never have to pvp or pve there should be a social game.

I take my tier one item x10 and make 1 random item of the same type but one rank higher 10 rank 2 makes a till 6 then have it take 100 to make a 7 and 1000 to make an 8 10k to make a 9 and 100k to make a 10... I would make rank 7+ legendary.

Engineering... instead of using reverse eng, player crafter can dump money into research.

Now, it may require special tools or workstations to accomplish things, place those in pvp/pve areas, however make it so the crafter can generate a quest that can be accepted and in it the quester is given instructions on what to do.

There are people I've gamed with, that simply want to belong to something and every decision in this game further alienates those people that are just not good at gaming. I know retired folks that are gamers, I am talking even in there 70s one an author from NY the other a retired cop from Hyannis Mass, Both rolled with me in DARKFALL of all places.

A friend of mine used to make comments in war zones about all the tomato cans, its not a disparity between haves and have nots its more than gear.

If SWTOR does not do something to make everyone remotely useful, it is going to destroy the established community.

Crafting should be looked at as an important facet and not an afterthought for bads , alts and tomato cans.

I want to thank Desir of Port Nowhere for re introducing me to the "Tomato-Can" Statement.

Why does everyone have to always bring up PvP when he is clearly talking about End Game PvE. Whats wrong with you PvP obsessed people? Also if what you are talking about were to happen would that make every pvper automatically pick whatever craft was capable of doing that so that they wouldn't be forced to be slaved to the market? Only way that works is if mutiple crafting professions had access to this ability and if that is what you wanted to say you left it out of your post.

^^This!

Please, oh pretty please, stop looking at PVP when analysing endgame PVE!

Dear Bioware,

I think it would be a grave mistake to fix the combat effectiveness disparity between new and older level 50's by decreasing bonuses on the PVP armor sets that your player base has put so much time and effort into acquiring. The more reasonable and safe approach would be to make readily available, some starter sets or mods that offer similar stats (without too closely rivaling current PVP sets)which could bolster a new player's survivability and help them work their way up the food chain.

I play a level 50 Assassin, have a few pieces of champ gear, and would like my time spent acquiring these things to mean something. More than my subscription fee, the time used playing TOR is precious and i could not in good conscience maintain an activity that i think is pointless. Working to progress only to lose what is gotten. For me, getting gear is the only real endgame content left.

I am on my final two weeks playing TOR and am hoping to find a reason or two, hopefully more rewarding activities post 50, to change my mind since there are some things i enjoy about this gaming experience. If not for titles like Dragon Age and Mass Effect, i probably would not be playing video games today. This i hope, illustrates the respect i have for Bioware.

Still don't get it?

Critically crafted orange weapons with an augment slot and a full set of mods transferred from the best raid gear.

Yea, I'll just extract that 24/25 barrel and put it into a crafted item.

Oh, snap, wait!

Sure, it's equal to a tier1 weapon, but raw damage upgrade from T2+ weapons will beat it at any point. No other profession ceases functionality after obtaining a T2 piece.

Then please remove the requirement if doing many hardmodes for that blue crafting material.

I forget its name but only 1 drops per run and EVERY one needs on it!

Given how powerful Orange is going to be, the only way I can see that happening is if they separate out the requirements for blue and orange items.

Custom slotted armor needs to be obtained specially, and probably only at max level crafting, otherwise your orange gear will be worn forever whether you like it or not, because it has an augment.

Also orange recipes are too rare and uncontrolled to make it really feasible as a cosmetic choice. the fact is most crafters will only find a few peices.

perhaps if orange was obtainable by reverse engineering learned purples or something, or there were crafting quests with oranges as rewards.

You do realize this will completely kill what is already a competitive biochem market? Everyone will save up to buy the rakata stims and medpacs if you remove the biochem requirement AND COMPLETELY make the regular and 2 hour stims OBSOLETE.

This is a retarted Idea and biochem was a WAAAAAAAAAAAAY over powered profession to begin. Bioware your idiocy is completely amusing. You change the "little" things which affects minimal amount of people and yet you let the glaring issues still exist, i.e ILUM

If you wanted to fix biochem you should have made the RAKTAS have a LITTLE better usage as well as have X (IDK maybe 50? 100 is pushing it?) amount of USES, instead of it completely being "UNLIMITED."

But hey, who knows better how to fix this game, the experienced gamers who know how to balance issues and offer possible suggestions instead of crying about it? or the stupid developers who are virgins and still have yet to get their cherry popped in the world of successful MMO gaming.

So in short, remove the requirements for the rakata use, lower the bonuses on them and make the rakata's have internal usages that way they are FAR more expensive than normal and blue items but yet still have their uses in the long term without completely destroying what is a completely one dimentional market.

If you want to make a normalized economy don't make it so easy for every single person and their alts to get max crafting in a couple days. Games where it took time and patience to get crafting leveled had good economies, because those legendary crafters were sought after. Their goods were highly prized by the rest of the economy who relied on their fellow players to make this time sacrifice while they were out hunting enemies. I know this a lot to ask for, since games nowadays look for the super quick feel good factor, but it would be nice to see a difficult yet rewarding crafting system make a comeback.

Yea, I'll just extract that 24/25 barrel and put it into a crafted item.

Oh, snap, wait!

Sure, it's equal to a tier1 weapon, but raw damage upgrade from T2+ weapons will beat it at any point. No other profession ceases functionality after obtaining a T2 piece.

You don't understand. You will be able to extract barrels from T2, T3, whatever they add in the future. Additional barrels (26, 27, 28 etc) will be added to accompany the gear. They will add barrels with that rating. ANYTHING you can get from raiding, you will be able to make orange gear with equal value plus an augment slot.

Edited by FrostyDroid

We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

Ok, but WE don't, and mind you i'm a battlemaster in almost full CENTURION, yeah CENTURION gear, a couple of pieces of CHAMPION and 1 (ONE) single BATTLEMASTER piece, and going like so for 2 weeks now.

Are you telling me that my pursuit for power is over? if that's the case i have no business here, sorry.

Edited by Yettofall

Hi Georg,

You've essentially just improved the money making potential of the best money making crew skill in the game, and left the other's behind even more.

I completely acknowledge the changes that are coming, but as it stands Armormech on my BH tank and Synthweaving on my Assassin tank has given me a belt and wrist pieces... and i've reached a point where I can acquire them anyway. I'm struggling to squeeze money out of my crew skills - the great lvl 136 schematics i've acquired through Operations either produce BoP items or take a stupidly exclusive material (last boss HM/NM drop) to craft, and in an operations group these BoP materials get prioritised to people crafting for themselves for progression (which is obvious when you think about it).

The other day I passed a BoP schematic to make a BoP belt for Agents on my Bounty Hunter. It's utterly useless, and yet given the strength of PvP gear and the relative ease of acquisition it's the only kind of item I could craft that has any potential to make real money. In the end everyone passed on it; non of our agents could craft it and I couldn't craft it for them.

People aren't flocking to Biochem because of it's overpowered BoP items - people are flocking to Biochem because it allows a raider to be entirely self-suffient in a way that no other crew skill can. It makes a lot of money and easily covers the raiding-tax, it offers a lot of BoP items (even now) and raiding even provides mats for it as you go.

Suggestions;

• Give Synthweaver/Armormech 400 lower repair costs or the ability to repair their own gear at a reduced rate.
  • Give Armstech 400 the ability to repair their weapons for free.
  • Give All crafting possessions a +% modifier to gear they craft for themselves - i.e. "Stats on your own crafted chest piece are increased by 10%"
  • Give Artifice crystals that can also proc effects. It may not be very Star Wars, but given that every class uses crystals this could very easily become the proffession most like a typical enchanting proffession.
  • Ease off the limitations on use - most raiders in our guild when they get schematic drops from Hardmode and above are already acquiring gear that is comparable to the BoP crafted gear being discovered - it goes mostly unused.
  • Introduce an alternative way of acquiring these exclusive BoP mats that is a solo effort or a personal reward for group play - It could be a quest that rewards a Rakata Energy Node for completing a Hardmode+ operation two weeks in a row. Or a way of trading in another resource ("Hand over five Self-Perpetuating Power Cells and get a Rakata Energy Node"). Something other than the whack a mole need/greed system would be appreciated; i've been able to craft a couple of BoE 136 items for quite some time now, yet due to the nature of raiding and the way most guilds prioritise drops i've yet been able to craft a single one for sale on the GTN.

I love this game, I love the crafting system's implementation, I see it's potential - I just hate that I feel limited by it in my chosen game style.

While part of me applauds allowing alts and new 50s the chance to be viable in PvP since gear makes a massive difference, it also frightens me. People that legit worked to high ranks will get the shaft?

I hope they don't go too over board, but at this point I am not convinced *cough* nerfing non-conceal spec agents instead last patch.

Also, makes me laugh they are going try to create a player driven economy...

This is not Eve or pre-CU SWG type crafting system, don't kid yourselves. Only way you are going to get a player driven economy is to remove all PvP/PvE gained gears and make it all craftable. I really don't forsee them revamping the whole game to do that...but w/e, I predict it will just be more recipes sprinkled here and there ; nothing too revolutionary. Could be wrong though!

Edited by fixit

You do realize this will completely kill what is already a competitive biochem market? Everyone will save up to buy the rakata stims and medpacs

Read the OP again. You cannot buy unlimited use Rakata stims, they remain bound. You can only buy equal or better stims that have limited uses.

This is a subtle removal of unlimited use biochem items from the endgame, by making them slightly inferior in effect to limited use items (with which they share a cooldown).

Edited by FrostyDroid

Are you telling me that my pursuit for power is over? if that's the case i have no business here, sorry.

No, he's telling you that PvP gear across the board is a little stronger than they want it to be.

They're not nerfing you, they're nerfing everyone.

without repairing Ilum quickly, there is little chance that improved crafting can stop pvp players from unsubbing.

Sooner that happens, the sooner more effort can be focused on the PvE game.

The guys who came up with the idea that you could have good PvP and good PvE in the same game where idiots.