Official: Over 1.7 million active subs, 2 + mil sold

Improv-

BMW actually. And i don't have a supermodel girlfriend.

Believe whatever you want. The proof is when you log in, very few people are playing, and i refuse to believe people will continue to pay for a game they aren't playing.

So whoop it up in the forums, scream triumph or whatever it is you want to do to make yourself feel better and then go log into dead servers champ.

how many times can you be wrong , I'm on the "Fatman" always packed , again give it up buddy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These numbers are a serious dash of cold water in the collective faces of the naysayers. :cool:

All it means is 1.7 million people have horrible taste in MMO's who roll over and refuse to stand up for a better game.

But by all means, keep bragging! :rolleyes:

Anything to justify clinging to their chosen reality. They so desperately want SWTOR to fail and for people to believe that it already is that they'd deny it even if EA came to their house and brought their financials with them.

I don't hate on the game, and I do want it to be successful, but in "REALITY" 6 months usually tells how a game will do. Of course all the mmos that have came out in the past few years started with more than 1 million, but they didn't keep them. I'm waiting to see 6 months from now. If they fix a lot of **** in the game that should have been put in long ago. Bioware cut a lot of corners with SWTOR, but there's still time to fix it if they get on the ball. If they don't get it within the first 6 months people leave, just the way it is with mmos, people are not forgiving anymore.

Sorry, but with this statement you just lost all credibilty as a reliable contributer to this thread.

You're telling me that you work for a "multi-billion dollar company" presubably a US company, who's management sanction falsifying company figures to ensure they get thier bonues...

Sorry, but without wishing to flame, you clearly do not have a grasp of the legalities involved here and the types of sanctions the CotB, CEO, COO, CFO, etc could face if your claims were true...

I don't work in the US, sorry to break it to you

Believe whatever you want. The proof is when you log in, very few people are playing, and i refuse to believe people will continue to pay for a game they aren't playing.

So whoop it up in the forums, scream triumph or whatever it is you want to do to make yourself feel better and then go log into dead servers champ.

The server load is right in line with 2 million sold copies. If it was closer to the 1 million we knew from earlier, the load would be *way* lower. (The average subscriber play much less now than the week after release.)

Seems like you want the game to fail. I'm trying to convince you that less than 300k have cancelled because some of the 2 million just haven't registered yet, and you keep insisting that no, they all cancelled.

As I said...I have no idea what your motivation is...but that doesn't change that assuming people ran out and bought the game to leave it sitting there unregistered for a month is patently absurd.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm anxiously awaiting Activision's financial report, which I'm fairly sure will show World of Warcraft with sub 10M subscribers.

1) WoW has had a decline in subs since just before Cata was released.

2) They already released the last major content patch for this expansion.

3) Pandaria isn't expect until Q2 or Q3 of this year.

I'm not saying that SWTOR has anything to do with it, but it will likely change some of the discussion on these boards. 10 is a psychological barrier, which is why you always price something at $9.95

You know nothing about multimillion/billion dollar businesses at all then if you believe that proves anything. They use a word quite often called preception. Also anyone that deals with databases or numbers higher than 10 knows that ANY graph with a recordable (number or metric) can be adjusted to what ever favor or spin you want on it. Now in this case, did they specify what month it was over?

Hint: There's 3 months in a quarter.

Yes, there's 3 months in a quarter.

Hmm... Which one of those was TOR released in? What? Halfway through the last month of the quarter you say? So a little over month means... BY GOLLY IT MUST BE FROM MORE THAN ONE QUARTER!

You know nothing about multimillion/billion dollar businesses at all then if you believe that proves anything. They use a word quite often called preception. Also anyone that deals with databases or numbers higher than 10 knows that ANY graph with a recordable (number or metric) can be adjusted to what ever favor or spin you want on it. Now in this case, did they specify what month it was over?

Hint: There's 3 months in a quarter.

Hint: The game has been for sale for 1.3 months. There is not much room to choose.

´BMW actually. And i don't have a supermodel girlfriend.

that is your perception, have you seen the number of servers they have? I can tell you just now that in my server frostclaw, im allmost certain the population incriesed.

Just now on imperial fleet 200 people or so, and in fleet 160 or so. this in the afternoon. you can now imagine in the weekend. Today i was a bit suprised to see 88 people showing on belsavis alone.

Considering the number of servers there are, you cant possibly say that population as droped on swtor. Also pay atention at the hours you log in, late at night obviously you wont find manny people.

Edited by Spartanik

That's the one thing I struggle with. That's like 7,900 subs per server. Where the heck are those people in game? I guess this game could really have broken the mold and there is just a low % at any given time of active subs actually playing. It's strange.

Counting the EU servers as well?

And, in any case, the game as a LOT of casual players who probably play less than 10 hours a week.

how many times can you be wrong , I'm on the "Fatman" always packed , again give it up buddy

You mean the most crowded service since the first day of early access is still the most crowded server? Do they give out nobel prizes for stating the obvious?

There are plenty of other servers that used to be populated and that are now ghost towns...

Anything to justify clinging to their chosen reality. They so desperately want SWTOR to fail and for people to believe that it already is that they'd deny it even if EA came to their house and brought their financials with them.

Actually if you consider the fact that out of all the places in the world where the game is available, if there truly is 1.7 million people, and at any given time there's approximately 300k user online at any given point, spread out through 255 servers (i believe?), that's about 1.2k people per server, 600 per faction, seems accurate. There's a couple zones with 80-200 people and the rest has a couple people all over the place.

I don't know why they refuse to see it.

Haters gonna hate. The best part is they're still here, how bad can it be?

Why are you quoting me like I was the one who said that last month? I never did and always maintained that it takes a few months to see how an MMO is really doing, so your lame point is moot.

I am quoting you as someone who is saying "later". Whether you said the 20th or not, I don't really care. Why? Because there are enough out there that said it. We were promised a huge drop off on the 20th. Now we are being told that it wont be seen until "later." That point, although you think it lame, is not moot just off your declaration.

But the proof isn't there. :o Just because you want the game to tank doesn't make your claim true. And who really cares what kind of car you wished you drove?

I log in every night to an active server with (remarkably) a mature player base. We aren't going to stop paying for our subscriptions because you are mad that nothing entertains you.

Only way to tell if this game will get off the ground is to wait for next quarter's numbers. That report only shows people who were on their free month. Also WoW had 5 million subs by dec 19 2004. That's a year and a month after release.

WoW launched November 2004, and I doubt they got 5 million subscribers in one month's time.

Sorry, but with this statement you just lost all credibilty as a reliable contributer to this thread.

You're telling me that you work for a "multi-billion dollar company" presubably a US company, who's management sanction falsifying company figures to ensure they get thier bonues...

Sorry, but without wishing to flame, you clearly do not have a grasp of the legalities involved here and the types of sanctions the CotB, CEO, COO, CFO, etc could face if your claims were true...

The company I work at is not multi-billion (we do 1 billion in sales annually though) and the execs here are definitely careful at keeping plausible deniability when it comes to anything potentially funny. However, there are plenty of legal ways to cook the books a bit to make bonuses, such as trying to shift expenses to be capitalized.