Official: Over 1.7 million active subs, 2 + mil sold

Improv-

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All it means is 1.7 million people have horrible taste in MMO's who roll over and refuse to stand up for a better game.

But by all means, keep bragging! :rolleyes:

And yet you're still here, part of the 1.7 million people with horrible taste.

The hate is so delicious.

This game is light years more polished than Warhammer ever was. Did you play Warhammer at launch--I mean, it's not even a comparison.

No I did not, play that game, But I did PVP in AV, and PVping In ilum atm,

And im fighting for creates Not with reps, But with IMps. Says allot don't it ?

Ps i wont it too be successful. But come on. Hutball i like, But Ability delay, Nver got that in rift or wow..

Your conclusions are not valid until 2 quarter post on attrition rates after 1st 60 days no resub

I love when people move the goal posts.

A week ago it was "We'll see what happens after the first 30 days are up."

Now it's 60.

What will they say when subs are still increasing in 60 days?

90 days?

Seriously, just stop....

Possible Translation in red:

Please,work in management at a multi-billion dollar company. I'm the team leader of a Mcdonald's outlet.

I could care less what you 'think' is going on here. I dispute you using facts to back up you'r argument.

I'm telling you that large bonuses are on the line to make things look good. I prefer to use my own opinions to further my argument. My opinions>facts!!!

The numbers are skewed to show what the investors want to see. Numbers that don't agree with my argument must be false.

Whatever parameters they needed to use to make this look good, they did. EA lied and made up their numbers. I don;t have numbers so therefore I don't lie

I'm not a hater, but I do agree with Shona's statement. A company won't lie on a FQ statement, but they will wordsmith carefully to reduce the amount of negatve news that their shareholders are exposed to. I like the game, I'm totally in BW's court and I disagree that the game is dying...but in this point the grief your giving is incorrect.

No I did not, play that game, But I did PVP in AV, and PVping In ilum atm,

And im fighting for creates Not with reps, But with IMps. Says allot don't it ?

Ps i wont it too be successful. But come on. Hutball i like, But Ability delay, Nver got that in rift

or wow.. Not aim At you just saying.

The company I work at is not multi-billion (we do 1 billion in sales annually though) and the execs here are definitely careful at keeping plausible deniability when it comes to anything potentially funny. However, there are plenty of legal ways to cook the books a bit to make bonuses, such as trying to shift expenses to be capitalized.

agreed , but your not getting away with falsifying number like some are talking about here , your not going to say you have 1.7 subs when its really 200k like some were saying

Possible Translation in red:

Please, i work in management at a multi-billion dollar company. I'm the team leader of a Mcdonald's outlet.

I could care less what you 'think' is going on here. I dispute you using facts to back up your argument.

I'm telling you that large bonuses are on the line to make things look good. I prefer to use my own opinions to further my argument. My opinions>facts!!!

The numbers are skewed to show what the investors want to see. Numbers that don't agree with my argument must be false.

Whatever parameters they needed to use to make this look good, they did. EA lied and made up their numbers. I don't have numbers so therefore I don't lie

Haha...indeed. It's like trying to argue with a Tea Partier about whether tax breaks for insanely rich people magically create jobs haha

All it means is 1.7 million people have horrible taste in MMO's who roll over and refuse to stand up for a better game.

But by all means, keep bragging! :rolleyes:

...and the first punch is thrown! HERE WE GO!!

I've got my personal opinion about SWTOR but I honestly hope it does well. The MMO market could use a bit of variety instead of one MMO having a vast majority of U.S subs while the rest fight over breadcrumbs.

This game will decide where it ranks in the next few months. It'll be decided mainly by the devs and what they fix, patch and implement. Remember folks Trion's RIFT had a very large boost it's first couple of months, then fell flat on it's face. Those guys busted there asses, didn't quit and kept creating a good product for their customers. End Result?; RIFT won MMO of the year and went from around 400k subs to 1.2 million. A 300% increase.

Anyway stop the tribalism and lets get back to patch fixing!

Notice how it says over a month. As in people who have actively subscribed. Out of 2 million boxes sold 1.7 million of those people payed for the next month.

What is so difficult to understand?

Except you are making the assumption that every box sold was sold prior to January 1st (any box sold after January first would still be in their free month sub). I'm sure most of the 2+ million units sold were before Jan 1st, but there has to be a couple hundred thousand sold in January. I'd guess the subscriber numbers are pretty average -- a new game is not for everyone, so losing maybe 20-25% after the first month isn't surprising.

The interesting numbers will be in a month or two.

That's the one thing I struggle with. That's like 7,900 subs per server. Where the heck are those people in game? I guess this game could really have broken the mold and there is just a low % at any given time of active subs actually playing. It's strange.

It's hard to tell with anecdotal evidence. And thusfar, only information on population is the one that was linked earlier in this thread. Concurrent logon peaked 700k week one, now we're down to ~350k. What that tells me is that there are a heavy number of people with active subscription that doesn't play that much (or at all). Which really shouldn't surprising, and this is something that's the same in anything subscription based. Many people keep the sub without really using it, so long as the price doesn't hinder their other activities. I still have my rolling stones magazine sub, even though I just pile em up and recycle them once a year or so.

As I said...I have no idea what your motivation is...but that doesn't change that assuming people ran out and bought the game to leave it sitting there unregistered for a month is patently absurd.

I don't have any motivation at all. Nobody said people ran out and bought it to leave it sitting around. People make impulse purchases, get things as gifts, etc all the time and don't get around to using them until later, it's normal behavior. I have a couple games sitting on my desk still in cellophane that I haven't gotten around to, books I've bought and haven'r read, Blu-Rays I haven't opened yet. This is perfectly normal and common behavior. What I don't understand is why you are so determined to deny people do this. What's YOUR motivation?

Yes, there's 3 months in a quarter.

Hmm... Which one of those was TOR released in? What? Halfway through the last month of the quarter you say? So a little over month means... BY GOLLY IT MUST BE FROM MORE THAN ONE QUARTER!

Preorders are still considered sales.

Next on the list:

Learning to count to 20 without taking off your shoes.....

It's hard to tell with anecdotal evidence. And thusfar, only information on population is the one that was linked earlier in this thread. Concurrent logon peaked 700k week one, now we're down to ~350k. What that tells me is that there are a heavy number of people with active subscription that doesn't play that much (or at all). Which really shouldn't surprising, and this is something that's the same in anything subscription based. Many people keep the sub without really using it, so long as the price doesn't hinder their other activities. I still have my rolling stones magazine sub, even though I just pile em up and recycle them once a year or so.

This isn't peak season either, so like you said, people might just be sitting on it right now. College students are back in class, us working stiffs are working (mostly) and kids are in school. Lets see the June-August numbers and then revisit this.

PS, I subscribed to Galaxies for 8 months without playing once, Darth RL got in my grill.

This thread is moving fairly fast, but did I just see someone say WoW hit 5 million in a month?

Yikes, revisionist history. WoW took about 4-6 months to get their first million. 5 million in a month? Negative.