SWG Bria - Check In

Khamsinvera

The biggest crutch for open world pvp is the restrictions BW has put on us. We cant travel to many of the opposing players areas. And places we can get to are guarded by "god" NPCs that will blast you back to SWG if you come in range.

I rolled a toon on a PVE server to just see the difference in pvp. To me I didnt see any. For those of us who rolled a pvp server, we should be able to go to the other factions areas and lock it down or do whatever the hell we want. It is up to the other faction to kick us out.

The WZ kill open pvp, everyone is too busy running wz to bother going out in the rest of the "world" to kill other players. SWG didnt have wz to begin with and that is why the world pvp was so good. We had to go out there are beat on each other. "Not set up a playdate (wz) and arrange it so everyone has fun and make sure everyone doesnt get their wittle feelwings hurt cause they got ganked." (sarcasim off)

Dont get me wrong I still like the game and expect they will make changes as we progress. Hell it is only been a little over a month. SWG in the beginning was 100x worse that this game.

Give me guildwars and I'll be happy.

The biggest crutch for open world pvp is the restrictions BW has put on us. We cant travel to many of the opposing players areas. And places we can get to are guarded by "god" NPCs that will blast you back to SWG if you come in range.

I rolled a toon on a PVE server to just see the difference in pvp. To me I didnt see any. For those of us who rolled a pvp server, we should be able to go to the other factions areas and lock it down or do whatever the hell we want. It is up to the other faction to kick us out.

The WZ kill open pvp, everyone is too busy running wz to bother going out in the rest of the "world" to kill other players. SWG didnt have wz to begin with and that is why the world pvp was so good. We had to go out there are beat on each other. "Not set up a playdate (wz) and arrange it so everyone has fun and make sure everyone doesnt get their wittle feelwings hurt cause they got ganked." (sarcasim off)

Dont get me wrong I still like the game and expect they will make changes as we progress. Hell it is only been a little over a month. SWG in the beginning was 100x worse that this game.

Give me guildwars and I'll be happy.

There are a few bases that can actually be locked down. You just need to know how to get inside them. For example the Shuttle bays on Hoth used to cause alot of fighting but now since 1.1 the shuttle room is not a contested zone any more. Only reason people are doing Warzones is to get their gear mainly since the valor farm on Ilum is much faster now. IMO they some remove this PvP armour junk. You PvP to have fun and to be competitive, not to grind gear. This game threw that out of the window when the PvP gear came.

Edited by -Jue-

There are a few bases that can actually be locked down. You just need to know how to get inside them. For example the Shuttle bays on Hoth used to cause alot of fighting but now since 1.1 the shuttle room is not a contested zone any more. Only reason people are doing Warzones is to get their gear mainly since the valor farm on Ilum is much faster now. IMO they some remove this PvP armour junk. You PvP to have fun and to be competitive, not to grind gear. This game threw that out of the window when the PvP gear came.

I'll agree with that.

Once you make separate gear, all people do is farm for it, then rarely PVP again. On our server its just a farm fest for Valor. You get in an ops group and then swap AOE's over and over and watch the valor flow in. It's not PVP at all, and accomplishes little.

A big problem too is the lack of any reward for open world PVP. You get nothing for killing someone in open world PVP , so no one bothers.

Why not make valor and other rewards the same as PVE? Why separate the two-- you should be able to get the same loot rewards from killing players as you do bosses. If they are worried about farming they should take a look at Ilum on a Friday night. That's all that's going on anyway.

PVP is in a sad state, and there is certainly no point in rolling on a PVP server except for the minute satisfaction of ganking someone over a quest spot or a node, and that's pretty short lived.

It's Restuss 2.0 all over again.

I think there may be way too much defeatism going around the player base. It's even here to a small degree.

You guys can make the fights you want happen. It's just a matter of networking the guilds on both sides.

BB's Ilum went through the same issues, or in some cases worse. As a population spread, BB started with 9 Empire for every Republic player.

Tuesday 1/17/2012 was pre 1.1: http://www.belgothsbeacon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1489

Thursday 1/19/2012 was post 1.1: http://www.belgothsbeacon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1530

By Saturday 1/21/2012, we had a spontaneous uprising on the side with the minority of players (Republic): http://www.belgothsbeacon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1560

This isn't fixed and it will still go through ups and downs on our server. However, it is normalizing at a better rate of competition than I'm reading about on the SWTOR forums.

As you know, it critical to get the player base used to moving as teams and guilds working together on both sides. Every guild that has posted here has done that in the past. You can do it again if you put your minds to it.

For the Restuss comparison, you have a stronger pvp potential here. Ilum was easily supporting a spread 60 vs 60, with less lag than Restuss would in a 20 vs 20.

The shard system works fine. The smaller side can stack their team in the first shard, so there is no imbalance or morale issues.

There are a few other nice things about Ilum. It won't lock people out like the wpvp WOW zones like Wintergrasp. It works more like the COX engine for Recluses Victory, without COX's npc crap. There will be some lag in large engagements, but nothing like the pre cu / cu slideshows in SWG. If people take advantage of the taxi system and spread the objectives to multiple raids in multiple areas, the lag levels lessen greatly.

The guilds here could get at least 4 other servers hopping, if you chose too. It just takes the same background work you've all done before.

The guilds here are Bria vets. You can do anything.

Hello fellow (former) Bria players

Tehbish/Blasc Letel from Esto Perpetua (EP) checking in.

probably don't recall me, but maybe you all remember SirGronk (THE ORIGINAL), DudeyDude, Dirk (Pfeiffer), joerg/malfus. we're slowly making it on to TOR, we're on warriors of the shadow (repub) :)

good to see the community back together in a way. I have to say, there was nothing like the individual SWG server communities :D.

Edited by VorusKets

So, figured I should check in seeing as I'm finally able to get on the game.

Formerly Ivoes Roorou/Ji'raiya of Bria's AMOR guild.

On here, I'll be running as Ivoes (if possible) on the Grandmaster Zym (Zim?) server due to a RL friend being on there.

Hello fellow (former) Bria players

Tehbish/Blasc Letel from Esto Perpetua (EP) checking in.

probably don't recall me, but maybe you all remember SirGronk (THE ORIGINAL), DudeyDude, Dirk (Pfeiffer), joerg/malfus. we're slowly making it on to TOR, we're on warriors of the shadow (repub) :)

good to see the community back together in a way. I have to say, there was nothing like the individual SWG server communities :D.

The PFEIFFER bros? What server are you guys playing on? :D