SWG Bria - Check In

Khamsinvera

I have to say I sure miss locking down towns of opposing guilds. Heck guildwars at all would be nice, hopefully BW will impliment that in the near future. Once thing I enjoyed about Bria was the open world pvp. It was rich and engaging. BW has a way to go with their game.

Not many places you can lock down. We kept the Hoth shuttle base locked down for a few hours last weekend. Was fun and had some great fights but it's one of few places in the game that you can do it. Unfortunately though when patch 1.1 hits they are making the shuttle bay an uncontested area.

Ugh, don't know if I can urge myself to play this game anymore. Just so effin boring. Once you hit 50, world pvp dies and it's all warzones from there on out. I actually got some good fights on Alderaan and Hoth, but nothing since.

On Ilum, a few Imps called me a griefer for attacking a Republic because he was flipping a base. This game is doomed to failure, imo. If they fix it 6 months down the road it'll be too little too late. The whole problem is rewards for PVP. Rewarding PVP just makes it about gear instead of PVP for the sake of PVP.

Edited by -Fenix

Don't know why it decided to post my response 3 times, eh, whatever. Sooo, was there ever any progress made on getting people on the same server?? I want some good ol' Bria style pvp with familiar faces, of course, I'm just starting and can't play regularly so it'll be a long time comin. Gimme some info!!!

The Repopulation may be exactly what StarWars Galaxies refugees are looking for. It has everything SWG (pre combat upgrade) had plus interesting new sandbox features like nation based warfare and optional tab based, or fpsed based combat. From the screenshots and videos you can tell this game has sharp graphics and an interesting world to explore. The Repopulation could be the next big thing in MMO gaming.

http://www.therepopulation.com/

Edited by Sim-E

The Repopulation may be exactly what StarWars Galaxies refugees are looking for. It has everything SWG (pre combat upgrade) had plus interesting new sandbox features like nation based warfare and optional tab based, or fpsed based combat. From the screenshots and videos you can tell this game has sharp graphics and an interesting world to explore. The Repopulation could be the next big thing in MMO gaming.

http://www.therepopulation.com/

Looks like junk.

Ilum is more of a joke than Restuss.

LOL Restuss is academy award winning compared to the Illum.

If we got a restuss style city now that would be fun. As it stands Illum is WAY to big and the mechanic to get your daily do not promote any kind of decent pvp.

LOL Restuss is academy award winning compared to the Illum.

If we got a restuss style city now that would be fun. As it stands Illum is WAY to big and the mechanic to get your daily do not promote any kind of decent pvp.

Truth. I got yelled at for attacking 2 Sith players.

"DOING OUR DAILIES NOOB!"

to which I replied

"Not without a fight you aren't".

I don't get it. Illum is a PvP Zone, and we're on a roleplay server where character actions are supposed to make sense. Is my Jedi meant to ignore the Sith players destroying his factions dropships?

Bioware need to sort this out quicksmart. Illum PvP zone should be half the size it is, or at the very least have less travel options between objectives.

Where are my boys at?! GoE KTD GRD......Bomaz, Kham, Youllbe? Anyone?! We got a server where a majority of folks are at??

Hey man good to see you found your way here, seems as if most of Bria split off to Veela Server or Helmet of Graush. I'm rolling with daakal, shox, alot of others on veela with FTW. Kham is playin with ato on helm, tho I'm not sure anymore since I saw an LFD tag running around today.

Hey man good to see you found your way here, seems as if most of Bria split off to Veela Server or Helmet of Graush. I'm rolling with daakal, shox, alot of others on veela with FTW. Kham is playin with ato on helm, tho I'm not sure anymore since I saw an LFD tag running around today.

Youllbe and I are having a pillow fight sleepover in San Fran on Sunday, wanna join us?

GO GIANTS

Some are on Warriors of the Shadow (KTD and few others)

Ilum is a sausage fest. Not too sure what It's currently like on other servers but on ours the main republic base has been camped from server uptime yesterday till now.

With that said though the valor is nice, Battlemasters are crying because it only takes afew hours now to get it. el oh el.

Ilum is a sausage fest. Not too sure what It's currently like on other servers but on ours the main republic base has been camped from server uptime yesterday till now.

With that said though the valor is nice, Battlemasters are crying because it only takes afew hours now to get it. el oh el.

They're finally turning Ilum into what I figured it was going to be all along: a warzone planet. Soon, when an enemy player enters your main base, they die. I expect this is going to become the norm for any future PVP content. I don't plan on resubbing. I may give it one more month, but if it just continues down this path, I'm gone.

No you can't have my stuff... not that you can trade anything in this game anyway, since everything is bound....

Edited by -Fenix

They're finally turning Ilum into what I figured it was going to be all along: a warzone planet. Soon, when an enemy player enters your main base, they die. I expect this is going to become the norm for any future PVP content. I don't plan on resubbing. I may give it one more month, but if it just continues down this path, I'm gone.

No you can't have my stuff... not that you can trade anything in this game anyway, since everything is bound....

It's only one month in. Still time to change and really It's not like there are any other amazing MMO's out right now. I'll be sticking around until the release of Guild Wars 2 - Hopefully that one doesn't flop. Other than that there is Planetside 2 but I think anyone in the right mindset wouldn't touch that game with a barge pole since smedly has his hands on it.

I believe the next "major" patch is in March. 1.1 however was pretty much a let down. But to be honest what do you expect from a game that caters more for PvE. Especially when you get people who do this:

The amount of endgame content is slightly worrying as well. I'm not one to PvE but I'm sick of warzones, when we go out to World PvP there is hardly any opposition anymore because either:

A) People stay on the fleets

B) They are on Ilum

And pretty much Ilum gets old real fast. Even LOTRO has better PvP lol.

Edited by -Jue-