SWG Bria - Check In

Khamsinvera

Ha, Tenshi, I remember you! It's Jen'doon/Muldoon, how do?

You'll have to forgive me, that name is a bit more vague. :( My apologies.

I am doing just fine. Schoolwork is picking up so I'm not playing as much as I'd like. And how're you?

Some names in here I haven't seen in ages...

Well my name is straight forward, I am the one they call JuJoo Guppy... some of the people in this thread were before my time, I know their names but they probably don't know mine. Some of you do though. Good to have a rundown of servers, I might make an alt or two to play w/ a few of you...

Well my name is straight forward, I am the one they call JuJoo Guppy... some of the people in this thread were before my time, I know their names but they probably don't know mine. Some of you do though. Good to have a rundown of servers, I might make an alt or two to play w/ a few of you...

It's good to see you Guppy and all those other names out there. :cool:

/salute

• 2 weeks later...

Centaur from KoA checking in. Me and my wife (called Gusterson in SWG) are playing on Hyperspace Cannon. Dunno how much longer we'll last but all these names sure are a blast from the past.

/salute to the very best on-line community I've ever been a part of.

Who the **** are you.......

well I am still playing but its not because the game. Its because of my friends and guildies. I would not have lasted more than a month if my internet friends weren't playing.

It is so shallow compared to LOLswg i cannot believe it.

well I am still playing but its not because the game. Its because of my friends and guildies. I would not have lasted more than a month if my internet friends weren't playing.

It is so shallow compared to LOLswg i cannot believe it.

It's WOW with lightsabers.

SWG is now dead, I sensed it's coming like a deer senses a brush fire. It's very sad times for me. And not just about SWG.

It's about the death of real MMO gaming like we old timers once knew and loved-- sandbox style where the sky was the limit, battles were epic and the shims were half naked. Now everything has to be easy mode or the subscription base drops off. It's the same pattern game after game and these software developers still are as blind as a bat.

Huge amount joins, huge amount complains, huge nerfs, subscriptions plummet, game goes free to play-- developers start from scratch again.

When are they going to learn? Probably never as long as the profit bubbles still keep coming. There's a market for a good MMO sandbox game with a modern combat engine but I doubt very much if the market will ever see it. Why?

Because the majority of players today are entitlement kids who want much and care little to earn anything. They want to win, but don't want to risk losing. They want greatness but refuse to accept consequence. They want PVP but only as another loot grind.

I face the same problem even within my own guild. The only focus is that next purple loot item, or their gear score, not the bigger picture, or having true influence in a long term game.

:Sigh:

It make me want to go back to playing Pong sometimes. At least in that game theres no loot to squabble over.

It's WOW with lightsabers.

SWG is now dead, I sensed it's coming like a deer senses a brush fire. It's very sad times for me. And not just about SWG.

It's about the death of real MMO gaming like we old timers once knew and loved-- sandbox style where the sky was the limit, battles were epic and the shims were half naked. Now everything has to be easy mode or the subscription base drops off. It's the same pattern game after game and these software developers still are as blind as a bat.

Huge amount joins, huge amount complains, huge nerfs, subscriptions plummet, game goes free to play-- developers start from scratch again.

When are they going to learn? Probably never as long as the profit bubbles still keep coming. There's a market for a good MMO sandbox game with a modern combat engine but I doubt very much if the market will ever see it. Why?

Because the majority of players today are entitlement kids who want much and care little to earn anything. They want to win, but don't want to risk losing. They want greatness but refuse to accept consequence. They want PVP but only as another loot grind.

I face the same problem even within my own guild. The only focus is that next purple loot item, or their gear score, not the bigger picture, or having true influence in a long term game.

:Sigh:

It make me want to go back to playing Pong sometimes. At least in that game theres no loot to squabble over.

I find your lack of vision, disturbing. Here are 3 games you should see then if you are looking for a long term effect with your guild in something else.

Sandbox: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12_WbBLIAus&feature=player_embedded

Mass pvp:

Massive character control:

SWTOR will grow just as every game does. No launch is ever perfect and this one was decent.

People are quick to forget we started SWG with sad armor and sad weapons in its early days. WOW's horde content sucked for the first year, though paradoxically that first year was the best one for world pvp.

With gaming, it is always better to look ahead than behind. Players play the games they do for those they fight alongside and against. It is the communities that make or the lack of them that breaks games.

Communities are separate animals from forums however. It's always a matter of those who make a difference in a game over post count. The WOW generation never grasped that completely.

The main issue for this game is that most players think in terms of one character. This game was designed for people to have several. There actually can't be a faction imbalance if people everyone is playing both sides the way the devs intended.

It will mostly balance itself out in time. In the meantime, the game is what you make of it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This forums needs more Quenkers.

The Banana Knight of Bria, The quenker king, checking in. (Ace-Ventura/Lagao/Exoda EX leader of Army of Quenkers and former member of True Fellowship)

Living on the Swiftsure.

I've also found Pyro-Rebel.

Apparently I got the wrong memo of the server to join, oh well.

Edited by Larity