SWG Bria - Check In

Khamsinvera

my argument is all that matters. We the British created your sorry ***.

And have been rescued back too. BTW, the British didn't 'create' Americans-- we threw your sorry butts OUT of our country when you continued to try and tell us how to do things and tax us for the honor.

Kind of like government is doing today.

It is widely known that if the Americans had not entered the war when we did. Hitler was ready to invade England. The daily bombings were meant to soften the British defenses. When the US began their Northern African Campaign, the germans had to divert resources from their planned invation of Britain to counter the American invation force.

However, the red army did sacrifice a lot on the Eastern Front. I would not say they annilated 75-80% of the german army. The Soviets were loosing the eastern front until winter set in and the Germans were not prepared.

I was the Mayor of new solah for about 2 years GrayKnt

I was the mayor of Necropolis (renamed to Navarro in the CU). Ran the city for several years till it was swiped from me by a former friend and sold for credits.

If any of you grinded in the Squill Caves in Pre-CU, you probably travelled through my city.

Edited by Vandrel-Blitz

It is widely known that if the Americans had not entered the war when we did. Hitler was ready to invade England. The daily bombings were meant to soften the British defenses. When the US began their Northern African Campaign, the germans had to divert resources from their planned invation of Britain to counter the American invation force.

However, the red army did sacrifice a lot on the Eastern Front. I would not say they annilated 75-80% of the german army. The Soviets were loosing the eastern front until winter set in and the Germans were not prepared.

The Battle of Britain states otherwise.

The failure of Germany to achieve its objectives of destroying Britain's air defences, or forcing Britain to negotiate an armistice or an outright surrender, is considered its first major defeat and a crucial turning point in World War II. If Germany had gained air superiority over England, Adolf Hitler might have launched Operation Sea Lion, an amphibious and airborne invasion of Britain.

Nice try Thiweo ;)

The failure of Germany to achieve its objectives of destroying Britain's air defences, or forcing Britain to negotiate an armistice or an outright surrender, is considered its first major defeat and a crucial turning point in World War II. If Germany had gained air superiority over England, Adolf Hitler might have launched Operation Sea Lion, an amphibious and airborne invasion of Britain.

Nice try Thiweo ;)

copy/pasta from wikipedia, that's a bad brit!

The US kept england afloat even during the battle of britain thru raw materials and logistical support. If britain didn't have the tons of supplies thru the US (before the latter officially entered the war), the brits wouldn't have made it.

Fun fact - when the germans switched from military targets (specifically radar) to bombing cities, the british fighter command was within 24 hours of defeat themselves. the germans, of course, didn't know that ... the rest is history

copy/pasta from wikipedia, that's a bad brit!

The US kept england afloat even during the battle of britain thru raw materials and logistical support. If britain didn't have the tons of supplies thru the US (before the latter officially entered the war), the brits wouldn't have made it.

Fun fact - when the germans switched from military targets (specifically radar) to bombing cities, the british fighter command was within 24 hours of defeat themselves. the germans, of course, didn't know that ... the rest is history

Let's not spin away from the real point. Thiweo said, that it was the start of the african conflict which saved Britain. When it was clearly not.

Nice try Thiweo ;)

I dont mean to say Britain was completely useless. Far from it. Despite everything, Britain really was the only army that was standing in the way of the German machine.

There has been recent research that shows that the Germans were gearing up for that invasion. The supplies were being gathered, plans were being drawn up for it. Then Pearl Harbor happened, against the wishes of Hitler. The American's jumped into the war and started their European Front with a move on Northern Africa. This was not by accident, Africa was weaker than western Europe. We moved there to soften the defenses of the Germans western european front.

The Germans had to suspend the plans being drawn up for the British invation and the supplies that were being stockpile had to be diverted to Africa to shore up the defenses there. Britain played just as big of a role in the Northern Africa campaign as the Americans. They needed a second army to help them get going. Prior to that the Brits were in a defensive stance, with the Americans they changed to a more aggressive offensive strategy.

And I'm glad we dont have to call Mr Crumpettes, Mr Weiner-Schnitzel.

God save the Queen!

And oh how I missed all the crying about numbers. Too bad numbers means fk all in the game where the only pvp you will see is in 3 stale warzones. The mechanics for Illum do nothing but promote abuse and farming to get your precious loot bags for the hopes of getting the purple pvp gear.

That is not to even mention the grind to valor 60 get qualify for the battlemaster gear.

I have been lucky the last few days I got 3 purp champion gear pieces out of 10 or so bags.

God save the Queen!

And oh how I missed all the crying about numbers. Too bad numbers means fk all in the game where the only pvp you will see is in 3 stale warzones. The mechanics for Illum do nothing but promote abuse and farming to get your precious loot bags for the hopes of getting the purple pvp gear.

That is not to even mention the grind to valor 60 get qualify for the battlemaster gear.

I have been lucky the last few days I got 3 purp champion gear pieces out of 10 or so bags.

A few FTW guys have had fun killing Republic alt's of a certain guild, from farming Ilum.

I have to say I sure miss locking down towns of opposing guilds. Heck guildwars at all would be nice, hopefully BW will impliment that in the near future. Once thing I enjoyed about Bria was the open world pvp. It was rich and engaging. BW has a way to go with their game.

3 stale warzones.

The mechanics for Illum do nothing but promote abuse and farming

grind to valor 60 get qualify for the battlemaster gear.

"The Old Republic Release Date was December 20, 2011"

:rolleyes:

Ya World pvp in Galaxies was alot of fun for a long time across several versions of the game.

And yes the 3 warzones were old after a few days especially when you are forced to grind them for comms/gear/valor in order to remain competitive in pvp.

Right now the main reason I am going to continue to play is for my guildies and friends who I enjoy spending my gaming time with. Last night myself, Egow, and Bachull spent at least 3 hours running warzones together. We had a nice 4 game winning streak going then lost like 6 in a row lol. We pulled it out with 2 back to back wins to end the night.

I know the game is new and I imagine they will make some changes for the better but there are some real bad mechanics currently when it comes to there Illum pvp planet.