I Want Neutral Items in 1.2 No Exceptions

Drayzen

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't read everyone's replies, but I would LOVE neutral items. I've been doing quite well keeping my Agent as neutral as possible, his "karma" around 0. Dark and Light heavy players get rewards, but what about us neutral players? Hell, Smugglers and Bounty Hunters especially are characters I'd expect to be played as "neutral." I like to kill people that bother me and save people when I can or when it benefits me, like a true neutral. GIVE ME SOMETHING BACK! Access to all the color crystals is nice, sure, but it still looks as if I'm either heavy dark or light side alignment if I'm using a crystal that applies to that alignment.

Fix me :D

Neutral items were promised long ago, and should have been in at launch. A lot of things should have been in at launch and I'm often mystified to see so many things still missing after a long period of beta testing and suggestions.

Anyway, I would also love to finally see neutral gear. :ph_agree:

"Golden toilets" and "17 million dollars"? When did Bioware ever say those would be in the game, and how is that kind of demand equivalent to demanding neutral gear? LoLogic at work, I guess....

First, neutral is a misnomer. People posting here about hearts full of neutrality or items of apathy to be edgy are missing the point. Playing "neutral" has nothing to do about picking sides since most decisions in the game tend to be in the moment. Do I kill this person or do I have him imprisoned instead? If you truly think hitting LS/DS every time is the correct way to play and people that don't should be punished with less gear choices then I pity you for a lack of imagination.

I played my agent with a mix of light and dark decisions and it felt great. However, upon hitting level 50 and being like, Light I, I had to grind to Light V just so I could have a decent relic. Once I was Light V I had to make sure I made only LS choices in flashpoints (even if that didn't fit with how I viewed my character) and take only LS diplomacy missions or I would lose the ability to even use the relic. There are neutral relics that are better than alignment relics but they tend to be drops. I finally got one out of EV iirc so I'm finally free to play how I want again. Relics that are equivalent to the LS/DS vendor ones need to be readily available though so people don't have to go through this anymore.

I am neutral because there's more to the Dark Side than anger, hatred and power. Passion, empathy, depth, and a side to life that others fear.

Likewise, the Light Side is not all good. Atris would be a great example of an evil light-side character.

To force me into one side would be to take away my entire identity as a character.

Really though, I've always hated restrictions of any sort. "Your philosophy on life makes this item... uh... uncomfortable! That's it!"

There are neutral relics that are better than alignment relics but they tend to be drops. I finally got one out of EV iirc so I'm finally free to play how I want again. Relics that are equivalent to the LS/DS vendor ones need to be readily available though so people don't have to go through this anymore.

So wait

Light V and Dark V people have to keep their LS/DS balance perfect to use their relics, but with the Neutral relics that drop or you can get through PVP you have a 1000 point buffer to play with.

Like THAT isn't a huge advantage already over the LS/DS V relics.

They've said they're planning on adding it in, and said it recently. As well, the "benefits" to choosing Light/Dark aren't exactly game breaking; the best relics don't even require alignment, the low level equips are pointless, and the speeders all go the same speed.

So what's the big deal?

Edited by VaelMacoss

So, Im confused and maybe it's just me.

How would neutral relics work? Requirements that say you must have both Dark 1 and Light 1 for the same level of relic a LS or DS character would need Light 2 or Dark 2 for?

Does that question make sense? I don't think I can phrase it any more clearly.

If so, wouldn't that kind of force you to make choices to keep yourself neutral, which would end up forcing your decisions for the sake of gear, just like the current DS/LS system? I mean, if you are about to hit the right level for the next set of relics, and you have the LS rating you need, but not the DS rating, you would need to make DS choices to stay neutral enough for your next level of neutral gear.

I am not saying that this is the system neutral players want, but these items shouldn't just be the same LS and DS relics with no LS/DS requirements at all, so whatever choices you decide to make you can use them.

That would kind of make the DS/LS system pointless outside of RP.

I'm not going to write out some huge retort about how the lack of this has negatively impacted my experience, when BW specifically said they would cater to multiple aspects of gameplay and story, and hasn't followed through.

I just want 1.2 to contain things for players who are neutral. I want to be able to use my choice of saber, I want to be able to not miss out on relics because some designer thought that making light and dark only would be a fantastically shortsighted idea, and I just want to be able to play how I want to play, not play how I have to play to be able to min-max my character.

Make it happen in 1.2. It's already disappointing that you haven't done it in 1.1...

I completely agree with this post, so far my choices have resulted in neutrality of my actions and my core being, it's just the way I am. Please Bioware we need neutrality to be an alignment and I know you guys have watched starwars and say there is no such thing and you either are light or dark but this is a game and allow neutral gear thank you ..

Most of you guys are simply stupid. I understand that light and dark side items should give a different appearance, but it's unacceptable that there are people who are disadvantaged because they can't wear certain items.

You're not really disadvantaged. Most people dont hit Dark 5 until after level 50. At that time you can use several different relics that are non-aligned. End of story.

--------------------------

On pet peeve topic of mine....I'm sure this will offend a few people, but why are some of you talking about playing your character exactly as you would act? This is not "play-yourself-in-the-star-wars-universe". Its a role playing game. My BH is a villain. He kills people and is evil to the max. But personally, I would be a part of the Republic in real life. But I'm "role playing" a villain.

Playing a digital version of yourself is the equivalent of level 1 on the MMORPG scale. You end up as a happy-go-lucky person, who occasionally saves the day, or steals stuff....depending on your real life mood.

I RP a BH who is evil every day of the week (when it comes to NPC interaction).

The responses to the OP amply demonstrate the quality of much of the "community"

This is an incredibly stupid system, why have gear rewards for any alignment at all? You're just encouraging people to game the system instead of actually role-playing their character. You know, the whole selling point of the game? There is nothing superior to going all dark side instead of 80% dark side, it doesn't make you a superior role-player, and frankly if you think it does, you may need to upgrade to Brain 2.0.

But nah, better to post useless nonsense like "a hero isn't neutral!!11one!!1".

The funny part is, this is incredibly, incredibly easy to code in. It's less than a day's work if you just re-use some gear models (which they're going to do anyway).

Edited by TheFieryBalrog

No. Relics provide stat bonuses and on use effects and there are - NO - Neutral relics. All of them REQUIRE an alignment.

You also can't get a majority of the Orange Items.

I'm sure this has been said, but this is false. PvP and PvE endgame relics are neutral, as are the ones made from datacrons.

I want one of you to tell me why this isn't a valid complaint. Please tell me.

Because you can't. Which means your little non-nonsensical trolling is nothing but you being tools.

non-nonsensical would actually make it sensical because you used a double negative. I demand you take out all double negatives and hyphens out of your posts immediately because it is not in line with my RP as a neutral forum troll. If you don't do this NOW, I'm going to cry harder than you.

We're stupid because you are incapable of googling to realize there are neutral relics you can already wear instead of whining on the forums?

No, sir. I believe you should redirect your comment at yourself. No one is disadvantaged except those who refuse to bother to find out facts before shooting their mouth off.

http://www.torhead.com/item/13RoioB/battlemaster-relic-of-boundless-ages

That is a PVP relic, granted. But there are ones you can get from dailies, ones from raids, ones even from mob drops.

Jolee Bindo was another Bioware only Mary Sue. Bioware can make up whatever mess they like , it's their story, but some of us prefer to keep things realistic. And realistically, just as in real life, VERY few people mix REALLY nice acts with REALLY atrocious ones. Unless they're crazy.

Actually that is quite incorrect, most people in the world do mix those types of actions that is what the dichotomy of being a human is. Polarizing people is the actual incorrect action when even the most blood thirsty bastardly of people still have a good side somewhere. It may not be a side you enjoy but it is there none the less.

If anything you are probably Empire since only Sith deal in absolutes.

The responses to the OP amply demonstrate the quality of much of the "community"

This is an incredibly stupid system, why have gear rewards for any alignment at all? You're just encouraging people to game the system instead of actually role-playing their character. You know, the whole selling point of the game? There is nothing superior to going all dark side instead of 80% dark side, it doesn't make you a superior role-player, and frankly if you think it does, you may need to upgrade to Brain 2.0.

But nah, better to post useless nonsense like "a hero isn't neutral!!11one!!1".

The funny part is, this is incredibly, incredibly easy to code in. It's less than a day's work if you just re-use some gear models (which they're going to do anyway).

Once they add neutral gear the problem will be solved.

"I want a toilet made out of solid gold but it's just not in the cards now is it?"

I saw one in good working condition in a presidential palace in Bagdad. Just need to devise a way to get it out of there and to you in game.

On topic, I agree with the idea of neutral items. That said, if you are going to pull that sword out of the stone you had better be Light V. Just sayin'.