I Want Neutral Items in 1.2 No Exceptions

Drayzen

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Cry? This is a valid complaint. They said we could have Neutral based characters, but guess what? I can't have Relics if I'm neutral. Which means EVERY SINGLE OTHER ALIGNED CHARACTER IS MORE POWERFUL THAN ME.

That is not equal. That is not fair. They are forcing me away from - MY STORY - with this design, and that in itself is against their advertising claims.

relic only have requirement at low lvl. epic pvp or pve relic (very very very easy to get) have no requirement. just get one of those.

there is absolutely nothing needing light or dark ranks to max your character, all high end gear are neutral.

Here's an idea, quit being Neutral. People that can't make up their minds on being good or bad deserve nothing as they have done nothing for either. Sorry you can't use those awesome dark/light relics.

Sorry, saw Full Metal Jacket this past weekend.

It's not about making up our minds if we want to go light or dark. On my Agent I am grey because I don't see my agent as a walking carpet (light side) or a murderous sociopath (dark side). The reason why my agent and Bounty Hunter is grey is because those decisions are what I can see those people actually being. Grey decisions are not "I don't know and don't care!" Besides I don't like seeing Imperial Agents and Bounty Hunters with dark side corruption. They can't use the force. Doesn't make sense even if we can turn the corruption off through the preferences. Grey works for me on my ranged characters.

Here's an idea, quit being Neutral. People that can't make up their minds on being good or bad deserve nothing as they have done nothing for either. Sorry you can't use those awesome dark/light relics.

Sorry, saw Full Metal Jacket this past weekend.

Actually, if you make the most strategic decisions to win the war you tend to be neutral which is what most of the neutral players I know are trying to do with their choices. They aren't picking options out of hat and it isn't that they can't make up their minds.

Also, to the above posters saying there are no neutral relics...There are relics (from high-level flashpoints and ops) that anyone can use. True they are not neutral exclusive, but you can equip them.

P.S. Put me in the camp of firmly supporting the rights of neutral players to have their own rewards. I believe BW has already said they are adding this in an upcoming patch where they expand the light/dark system.

Edited by Allyhoo

Ah ic. A few questions to the OP.

1. If everyone gets the reward regardless of how they play, is it no longer a reward? Why not just get rid of it?

2. Being grey represents an inability to choose between good or evil, why should you get a reward for basically doing nothing?

http://www.swtor.com/info

that's why. Read what it says. It advertises my story. My saga. I can be the hero. But the problem is, I'm a gimped hero, without the same access to gear as others.

In fact. I'm penalized for playing the game my way. PENALIZED. I'm penalized for not aligning myself to Blue or Red. It's not fair. Revan was a fairly neutral jedi overall, so why can't I be? Why can't I be a BH that only cares about credits? Why can't I be as powerful as someone else who has chosen to shock someone, or not threaten to kill a kid?

It's not at all good design.

Actually, if you make the most strategic decisions to win the war you tend to be neutral which is why most of the neutral players I know are trying to do with their choices. They aren't picking options out of hat and it isn't that they can't make up their minds.

^This.

that's why. Read what it says. It advertises my story. My saga. I can be the hero. But the problem is, I'm a gimped hero, without the same access to gear as others.

In fact. I'm penalized for playing the game my way. PENALIZED. I'm penalized for not aligning myself to Blue or Red. It's not fair. Revan was a fairly neutral jedi overall, so why can't I be? Why can't I be a BH that only cares about credits? Why can't I be as powerful as someone else who has chosen to shock someone, or not threaten to kill a kid?

A hero is a superlative person that fights for a cause. Your cause it really grey. Super grey. "Tell me wife... hello..." Gray.

A hero is a superlative person that fights for a cause. Your cause it really grey. Super grey. "Tell me wife... hello..." Gray.

he·ro   [heer-oh]

noun, plural -roes; for 5 also -ros.

a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.

Where you getting your definition from?

I don't know about others, but if I'm playing on the DS I select the option that will give me DS points. I don't even care or read what the other options are as I want my DS points so I can get the DS gear. Same is true for my LS guy.

Yes, I would rather make a choice based on the interaction and story, but being Neutral doesn't reward you anything....

Oh I see, so just get rid of ls/ds choices all together and at 50 everyone should just get a bag with the same rewards it in that says 'you are special, love mom'. Got it. That sounds like a fun game.

Then I cancel my account and protest their non-sense with my money.

This was supposed to be a launch feature, and since the game was rushed, players got the short end of the stick. It isn't hard to code in some damn items. I guarantee they are going to code in a few hundred new ones with the next update, so they can take the time to code in a few more.

And nothing of value will have been lost, no one will have cared and no difference will have been made.

1. I've seen a number of relics that do not have alignment requirements, including those that drop from Ops.

2. Being neutral doesn't mean you're not passionate about something. I've found if you turn off the game alerting you to DS/LS choices and just make a choice based on your character, you'll stay mostly neutral.

Because most of the gear comes from the fun stuff. Killing people, stuffing kids in cargo holds, sleeping with people's wives and so on.

You really should be evil if you want the good stuff. ;)

I don't know about others, but if I'm playing on the DS I select the option that will give me DS points. I don't even care or read what the other options are as I want my DS points so I can get the DS gear. Same is true for my LS guy.

Yes, I would rather make a choice based on the interaction and story, but being Neutral doesn't reward you anything....

...and this is precisely why Bioware utterly failed.

Oh I see, so just get rid of ls/ds choices all together and at 50 everyone should just get a bag with the same rewards it in that says 'you are special, love mom'. Got it. That sounds like a fun game.

You're daft. You are not getting the point at all, and are trying to make assumptions as to what I'm driving as a topic here. I don't care about the other options for LS/DS. I ONLY care about making the right choices for the situation that leaves me in a neutral alignment.

the whole light/dark side is based off of Star Wars lore......wouldnt make sense to see a Jedi fighting with a red light saber....

A Jedi Knight can make Dark Choices and fight with a Red Lightsaber and not be a Sith or a Dark Jedi and still report to the Republic. Your point is invalid.

Edited by Drayzen

You don't get it do you? Some people are disadvantaged for playing the game 'their way', which was one of the USP that BW hyped.

I don't think a bag will sort the issue at level 50. What would we put in it?

A Jedi Knight can make Dark Choices and fight with a Red Lightsaber and not be a Sith or a Dark Jedi and still report to the Republic. Your point is invalid.

Your thought process is invalid, Star Wars = LS uses blue saber.......DS uses red saber. You have to try to be neutral in this game, no way every decision you have can go back and forth from DS to LS.

I am also sort of disappointed by the lack of incentive to stay "grey".

Also, the argument that at 50 it's better doesn't hold water. The game is heavily advertised as being about the story and journey to 50, and not just the end game.

To a great degree I agree with the OP...

My Bounty Hunter makes credit based and honor based decisions, I play the toon the way I think he would respond or be driven. As a result he leans darkside, but is neutral. So I'm in support of neutral gameplay and neutral items in all levels of the game.

One other exmaple is my second Jedi... it's an alt that I'm testing out the storyline while making mostly "darkside" choices by far than "lightside". It's interesting, but it also makes me wonder about gear and weapons availability as I go on. it's been difficult to get out of neutral even making lots of darkside choices.

I agree that it really wouldnt be that tough to have some neutral items available throughout the game coded in during an upcoming patch. The OP was just stating his opinion and that's fine.;)

Edited by CyTrek

One of the problems is that you choose a side when you make your character. I'm a smuggler. I don't want to belong to the republic or the empire. I just want to make money and look out for myself. I choose dialogue options based on how my character feels, and if that makes me neutral, leaving me without any end game rewards or buffs, so be it. I'm not going to whine and quit over it.

While I agree to some point with the OP that those of use that choose to ride that fence of neutrality should get more consideration in game, not just with items, I feel that while this game is still young, changes will come, and demanding something to be put in place in the next patch and threatening to unsub over it is childish, in my opinion. Give it some time.

Edited by Diopter