I Want Neutral Items in 1.2 No Exceptions

Drayzen

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a very valid complaint. One of the most valid complaints one can make in this game.

You're just acting like such a ***** about it, you've somehow reversed the validity-polarity and now I disagree with you.

In all seriousness, though, this basically comes down to a database change and maybe some small coding if whatever checks the item against the player's alignment for whatever reason can't handle neutral. It shouldn't take too long to get in the game.

Again, though, your rhetoric just makes me want to disagree with you.

hahaha nice " reversed the validity-polarity"

Jedi, regardless of alignment, make their own sabers. The color of the crystal used should not have any effect on their lightness or darkness.

The color of the crystal does not, and has never, portrayed alignment in any of the lore - the movies just like to use that to differentiate between good and bad. For all we know, all Vader had to make his saber with was a mass of red crystals.

then where do you suppose they got the idea to keep red sabers for DS and blue ones for LS?

People can cry about what they aren't happy with when they are spending money.

Just because this doesn't affect you, doesn't mean it isn't a problem for some.

Like I have said before, if it doesn't affect your gameplay and the money you spend to play the game, dont moan at people who ask for it, try supporting them.

Because one day you will want people supporting your cause, this won't happen when u slate people asking for a simple request.

Op you gotta do what you gotta do, I do care what you think and I am glad you posted your views, even though it doesn't affect me.

Edited by Elgarr

then where do you suppose they got the idea to keep red sabers for DS and blue ones for LS?

Why were the lasers for Cobra in G.I. Joe red and the G.I. Joe squad blue? It's just the classic colors for good and bad. A color is a color.

Purple is neutral, since it's a combination of red and blue. :p

Edited by Diopter

What? Cry? This is a valid complaint. They said we could have Neutral based characters, but guess what? I can't have Relics if I'm neutral. Which means EVERY SINGLE OTHER ALIGNED CHARACTER IS MORE POWERFUL THAN ME.

That is not equal. That is not fair. They are forcing me away from - MY STORY - with this design, and that in itself is against their advertising claims.

Hello,

You are perfectly within your rights to quit this game if it doesn't suit your tastes or for any other reason. However, when you say, "Do this now or else" then the sophistication of your demeanor suffers, and people no longer perceive an adult complaint, but rather a childlike outburst.

It's entirely subjective, of course. The essential information is the same whether you make your histrionic ultimatum or not. The essential information may even be valid. But the moment you say 'or else I quit' then you become recategorized into the pigeonhole of childlike naysayers who pollute the forums with 'i quit' threads.

It's a lot more than just simple coding. Do you think there will be levels for neutrality? That would have to mean new conversation options, and think about it this way

When your level 1, your already completely neutral, so would these items be available to level 1's also?

It's a lot more than just simple coding. Do you think there will be levels for neutrality? That would have to mean new conversation options, and think about it this way

When your level 1, your already completely neutral, so would these items be available to level 1's also?

How about:

The neutral side has 5 different levels as well. To increase in the neutral side you need to gain both Dark and Light side points while still remaining neutral. So 400 dark side points with 600 light side points would be equivalent of 1000 neutral points. So for you to gain Neutral V the sum of the Dark side and light side points needs to be 10,000 (that's required for light/dark V right?) while you are still neutral obviously.

This system would allow a neutral character gain the alignment levels at the same speed as a light or dark character.

Edited by Citronvand

How about:

The neutral side has 5 different levels as well. To increase in the neutral side you need to gain both Dark and Light side points while still remaining neutral. So 400 dark side points with 600 light side points would be equivalent of 1000 neutral points. So for you to gain Neutral V the sum of the Dark side and light side points needs to be 10,000 (that's required for light/dark V right?) while you are still neutral obviously.

This system would allow a neutral character gain the alignment levels at the same speed as a light or dark character.

Thats a good plan, I actually can't see any faults in that. What kind of rewards did you have in mind anyways, I'm just curious

I agree, people have been asking for this for ages, neutral gear for 1.2! Really, it's been a demand since beta, and I actually posted a similar thread to this a while ago: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=192253 XD

In case you haven't seen it (though I've posted it in many threads regarding neutral gear by now), the latest news we've had on the topic has been: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/01/11/swtors-alignment-system-will-offer-exclusive-loot-for-neutral-players/

Edited by Latorn

It's actually incredibly simple. I'm ripping this from one of my threads in the suggestion forums:

The current alignment system looks like this (L= Light, D= Dark, N= Neutral):

L V

L IV

L III

L II

L I

N

D I

D II

D III

D IV

D V

In order to have a balanced alignment system, and allow people to have the freedom of making their own choices, the future alignment system should look like this (points of alignment will count for both neutral and dark/light rewards at their given tier):

L V + N I

L IV + N II

L III + N III

L II + N IV

L I + N V

N + N V

D I + N V

D II + N IV

D III + N III

D IV + N II

D V + N I

The "powerful" alignment rewards mentioned in the pc gamer article should not require higher than the IV stage of alignment in order to obtain them, V stage alignment should purely be cosmetic (small pet, mount, etc.). This means the only weakness in this proposed alignment system is if the player is at the either of the points L III + N III or D III + N III, but this weakness is counteracted because it is quite simple for a player to slide to L IV + N II, L II + N IV, D IV + N II, or D II + N IV. There you have it, I don't know why it's so difficult to implement. This game prides itself on story and decision making, yet is currently punishing players for making their own decisions (and will continue to do so if endgame alignment rewards are made stronger). When a grey gear system along these lines is implemented, that will no longer be the case.

Thats a good plan, I actually can't see any faults in that. What kind of rewards did you have in mind anyways, I'm just curious

The same rewards that the Light and Dark side gets but with a neutral twist. I don't want neutral to feel more special or better than the light/dark side, I just want it to be a viable option so people don't feel like they're missing out on something if they go neutral.

I agree. All I want to play is a grey Jedi but I'm going to have to go dark side just to stay even with other players.

Using crappy vendor bought relics will not make you equal to other players.

You guys need to level up a little more and realize the Light/Dark relics suck. The good ones are unaligned.

The same rewards that the Light and Dark side gets but with a neutral twist. I don't want neutral to feel more special or better than the light/dark side, I just want it to be a viable option so people don't feel like they're missing out on something if they go neutral.

I'm not big on the whole alignment thing, hek I'm not even big on forums, I just play the game. But I honestly can't see this happening anytime soon.

Just browsing on the forums and it's like each person has a different problem with the game. I haven't had ONE problem playing this game, yep I've ran into a few bugs. Nothin worth enough to have a stab on the forums though. (not having a go at you there mate)

I'm not going to write out some huge retort about how the lack of this has negatively impacted my experience, when BW specifically said they would cater to multiple aspects of gameplay and story, and hasn't followed through.

I just want 1.2 to contain things for players who are neutral. I want to be able to use my choice of saber, I want to be able to not miss out on relics because some designer thought that making light and dark only would be a fantastically shortsighted idea, and I just want to be able to play how I want to play, not play how I have to play to be able to min-max my character.

Make it happen in 1.2. It's already disappointing that you haven't done it in 1.1...

If you want to be totally immersed in the story, the lack of neutral relics is perfect, after all you don't have the strive for power necessary for the dark side stuff, and you are a bounty hunter so getting light side stuff would be wrong, so you get stuck with what having a conscious gets you on the dark side, almost nothing..

I'm pretty sure the devs have other issues to consider rather than to cater to the 2% that went true neutral. So yeah, good luck with that.

How many more players would have done neutral if it was viable?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.