I Want Neutral Items in 1.2 No Exceptions

Drayzen

My friend has a neutral relic that he got off a boss in one of the level 50 flashpoints. I can't remember which. Still, they should be easier to get than a random drop that you might not even win in a flashpoint when a light V or dark V character can easily get them from a crafter or buy a green from the vendors.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you forgetting the useables? What are you not understanding that I want to basically min/max my character? It's a tank, I want to use tank CDs. I'm not asking to faceroll the game anymore than it already is facerollable. I've had trouble on 2 fights this entire game.

1) Avatar of some dude on Voss on my BH(holy fk that guy was hard hitting for 3k)

2) This last story zone on my Sin(was 2-3 levels under the elite mobs)

Again, I like to be the best I can be. Feels stupid not having items in those two slots.

Then you have 2 choices... either pick an alignment or get to level 50.

Also, you can fill one of those spots by making a matrix cube made from shards you get from some datacrons.

Then you have 2 choices... either pick an alignment or get to level 50.

Also, you can fill one of those spots by making a matrix cube made from shards you get from some datacrons.

K, I'll be like you and blindly pick w/e side I want without even actually thinking about my responses. I'm sure that's what most people did anyways. Hell, it's what I did on my BH. Options were chose based on what alignment they had. Not real choice.

I was a little annoyed at first as I was leveling my jedi that there were some commendation items I could not use because I was neutral. I have found my play style seems to lend itself to a neutral rating. I was upset. But then I found as I leveled I was able to get comparable gear it didn't seem like such a drain.

Every now and then I see an item I would like to use and cannot, but it's not a game changer, that just tells me I need to look for the comparable neutral item that I know is available but I just have not come across yet.

What? Cry? This is a valid complaint. They said we could have Neutral based characters, but guess what? I can't have Relics if I'm neutral. Which means EVERY SINGLE OTHER ALIGNED CHARACTER IS MORE POWERFUL THAN ME.

That is not equal. That is not fair. They are forcing me away from - MY STORY - with this design, and that in itself is against their advertising claims.

Neither of my relics require an alignment and they are both very strong end game quality.

The problem with a neutral character is there is no build up to get there. You get it off the bat and just have to maintain it as opposed to working towards the goal of light V or dark V. And if you are neutral you can use any saber you want. Cool your jets OP

It's not so much the gear but the conversations that make it difficult to feel neutral.

Perhaps is part of the design of the setting but I feel like you need to take sides in order to move the story forward in a meaningful way. Much like Han Solo portrayed himself as a scoundrel but was ultimately in possession of a heart of gold.

When you want to play someone who is taking advantage of this conflict to make a quick buck or to sate a hunger for action, you're forced into some awkward decisions. Mainly because the game assumes you care about who wins or loses the cold war.

Personally, I can't see how any of the story quests (except smuggler/bountyhunter) could work without the main character (your character) having some kind of investment in the outcome of the sith/republic war.

On my bounty hunter I often find that the things that are "dark" are sometimes something that has to do with being a patriot to the empire but I can't see that character having any allegiance to either side. She wants to get paid and have some thrills in the process. That character is a bad person because she likes to kill people for money, not because she's a cheerleader for the empire. So we are left with a dissonance that I find takes away from immersion.

It's not so much the gear but the conversations that make it difficult to feel neutral.

Perhaps is part of the design of the setting but I feel like you need to take sides in order to move the story forward in a meaningful way. Much like Han Solo portrayed himself as a scoundrel but was ultimately in possession of a heart of gold.

When you want to play someone who is taking advantage of this conflict to make a quick buck or to sate a hunger for action, you're forced into some awkward decisions. Mainly because the game assumes you care about who wins or loses the cold war.

Personally, I can't see how any of the story quests (except smuggler/bountyhunter) could work without the main character (your character) having some kind of investment in the outcome of the sith/republic war.

On my bounty hunter I often find that the things that are "dark" are sometimes something that has to do with being a patriot to the empire but I can't see that character having any allegiance to either side. She wants to get paid and have some thrills in the process. That character is a bad person because she likes to kill people for money, not because she's a cheerleader for the empire. So we are left with a dissonance that I find takes away from immersion.

I don't want to "feel neutral" so much as I just want the alignment system to actually matter, and players to get equal rewards for making their own decisions and ending up in the Light I/Dark I/Neutral zone.

Just like the advertised "choice" this game keeps pushing.

Aren't force aligned rewards strictly cosmetic and don't effect character gameplay?

No, relics aren't. And complaint is totally valid. As you approach level 50, more and more items are marked as L3 or D3 and above. What about having neutral items?

The only instance of gameplay being affected by LS/DS is blue/green quality relics. Everything else has a neutral alternative already. I do agree that relics should be available to neutral people, but thats the only thing about this system that needs to be changed.

This is a valid complaint.

It may be a valid complaint, but what you, and many others on this forum don't seem to "get", is that you're not crying because of the point you're trying to make. You're crying because of HOW you're trying to make it. But, go ahead and make your ultimatums. We'll all survive...somehow ;)

I'm not going to write out some huge retort about how the lack of this has negatively impacted my experience, when BW specifically said they would cater to multiple aspects of gameplay and story, and hasn't followed through.

I just want 1.2 to contain things for players who are neutral. I want to be able to use my choice of saber, I want to be able to not miss out on relics because some designer thought that making light and dark only would be a fantastically shortsighted idea, and I just want to be able to play how I want to play, not play how I have to play to be able to min-max my character.

Make it happen in 1.2. It's already disappointing that you haven't done it in 1.1...

All end game gear is accessible to either. God forbid leveling in oranges and upgrading the hilt/barrel is tough.

If they do neutral, they are also going to need level 30/Darkside 1 items that match the level 30 dark side level 3 items. They are going to need level 50/Darkside 2 gear the match the Level 50/darkside 5 gear. Cause we don't want to punish people for playing their character where they are Darkside level 2 at level 50 because they have a lot of light side points, but aren't neutral either.

Maybe having Darkside/Light side oriented gear was a bad idea in the first place. They should have made darkside/lightside stuff effect something else in the game.

My idea is have an appearance tab, and sell social cosmetic only gear based on your alignment and armor class.

Then I cancel my account and protest their non-sense with my money.

This was supposed to be a launch feature, and since the game was rushed, players got the short end of the stick. It isn't hard to code in some damn items. I guarantee they are going to code in a few hundred new ones with the next update, so they can take the time to code in a few more.

Cool story, yo.

I'm not going to write out some huge retort about how the lack of this has negatively impacted my experience, when BW specifically said they would cater to multiple aspects of gameplay and story, and hasn't followed through.

I just want 1.2 to contain things for players who are neutral. I want to be able to use my choice of saber, I want to be able to not miss out on relics because some designer thought that making light and dark only would be a fantastically shortsighted idea, and I just want to be able to play how I want to play, not play how I have to play to be able to min-max my character.

Make it happen in 1.2. It's already disappointing that you haven't done it in 1.1...

Once you own 99.99999999999% of Bioware/EA stock, we will listen. Until then, blow it out yer butt. No offensive meant.

Ordering game developers around as a customer is just ridiculous. It isn't your game, it's theirs. They make the decisions, they set the timelines.

It just may be that adding your precious neutral items will take longer than your impatient expectations allow.

Put your ego away and act like an adult.

Edited by Kubernetic

I want one of you to tell me why this isn't a valid complaint. Please tell me.

Because you can't. Which means your little non-nonsensical trolling is nothing but you being tools.

Ok as long as it will shut you up. 1 of your relics will be your matrix cube. That's always BiS when you start out as a fresh 50. So that's taken care of. Now for your other relic. I will admit, yes, you will be at a disadvantage... for a day. You need only run D7 or any other place that drops epic relics. Relics that don't require alignment. Or get a PvP relic in the meantime. I know I have like 5 uneassembled ones. Now is that so hard?

Basically he wants to pick whatever he likes LS or DS and not have to worry about them. BUT he wants the best relics also. You want to be a gray character then you get the limited and not as good relics. They are not going to make the non alignment attached relics as good as aligned ones for good reasons. I suggest you learn to deal with the lack of variety for now and hope they add more later.

If you want the best relics then your going to have to pick one side or the other for them.