How old are you? how many hours you play?

grekka

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31, even having my left arm broken (thus a 2 week vacations) i dont play over 3-4 hours a day - it become tedious. on Weekends we usually spend one outside and another one playing whole day with my wife and going to cinema/with friends in the evening.

i guess it might be around 23-25 hours a week.

36, and I fit in about an hour a night if I'm not busy with other things, usually after the wife has gone to bed.

Probably about 4 hours over the weekend - split between both days. Occasionally get a longer session on the odd days when the planets align! (This is true of all games, not just SW:TOR).

I don't find it much of a drain on my free time - but then, I don't watch TV.

I'm 24 with a full time job. I play 6-7 hours a night on weekdays and I play around 15 hrs both Saturday and Sunday.

My wife is 40 with a part time job. She plays around 5-6 hours a day on weekdays and 7-10 hours on weekends.

My total (low estimate): around 55-60 hours a week

Her total (low estimate) Around 40-45 hours a week

We are both huge nerds and are having so much fun with this game.

45, play with my husband, average 2 hours during weekdays, 6 hours in the weekend. It's far easier to have a spouse that likes to play games with you.

I agree.... Playing w/ my wife makes the game more fun as well... Plus she always mails me in game mail so when I log in I see it lol....

39 here.

Most days are probably 4-5 hours at some game. Though some days I won't touch the computer at all. Hubby is away so I'm living the bachelorette life again for a while so can play without any hassle.

Hard to say exactly how many hours though. I usually turn a game on in the morning, play a bit with coffee and breakie and leave it on all day. Then play now and then in little spurts as tiny breaks between work and farm/house stuff. My solid play time is about 3 hours straight on raid nights X3 in another game.

edited to add: I have been known to do the occasional morning to night stint with the only breaks for food and feeding animals and ignoring everything else. Those are my 'I'm shutting out the world because I don't care' days. Kinda like a holiday from RL and taking advantage of being by myself. Can't do that at all when hubby is around. lol

Edited by Jalliah

Pretty shocked most of the replies are in their 20s-40s, unless everyone is trolling. After lurking the forums and seeing the most obnoxious conversations in general chat, I assumed the general consensus would be in their teens-mid 30s.

22, about 3 hours a day and 4 on weekends. Roughly 20-25 hours a day.

I feel as I get older, it's becoming more and more tough to play MMO's. I've played for almost a month and my highest level character is only level 30, and I feel burnt out just thinking about the endgame :/

I'm 32.

Weekdays I either play for 2 hours or not at all. Weekends, maybe 4 hours or so each day. Usually I just try to log in, do a hard mode and log off.

My play time varies depending on how much course work I have going on. Right now I'm working on the initial framework for a game, and writing 3 AI controllers for a pac-man game. Also have a group presentation on Wednesday discussing good and bad UI examples.

Pretty shocked most of the replies are in their 20s-40s, unless everyone is trolling. After lurking the forums and seeing the most obnoxious conversations in general chat, I assumed the general consensus would be in their teens-mid 30s.

22, about 3 hours a day and 4 on weekends. Roughly 20-25 hours a day.

I feel as I get older, it's becoming more and more tough to play MMO's. I've played for almost a month and my highest level character is only level 30, and I feel burnt out just thinking about the endgame :/

Very sorry to go off topic, but I had to chime in.

You really found that as you got older MMO's got tougher to play? I found that as I got older and developed more patience they got easier. I was always very impatient, but now it doesn't seem to bother me like it used to.

(not a slam or anything, I'm genuinely curious since I experienced the opposite effect)

You didn't have to tell us. Your comment about 38 year olds daring to play the game gave away your own age (although I would have said 12).

39 here. I play 15 - 20 hours a week depending on free time. Still seems like a lot of time.

Lol. I never said they shouldn't play I said I was surprised to find people in their 60s playing the game. I didn't know they did that. Most people around that age are telling me that they hate the new technology so it just surprised me. People think every younger person playing a game is 12 don't they. I think you should up your guess more than that.

Working day-shifts from 7.45 to 16.45

Play 3-4 hours a day

and LOADS of hours in the weekend, simply becuz the weather is holding me from my hobby

So im forced to stay indoors

lets say i play 10-12 hours in the weekend per day

Bolded part is not something to laugh or be proud of. Kind of pathetic, really.

To answer your question though:

I am 25.

I only play on weekends and when I do it is in the evening hours for anywhere from 2-4 hours. This may only be on Friday or Saturday. If we have nothing going on during the weekend then it could be for both. I have other priorities though and work as well as my fiance trumps playing a video game during the week.

LOL. Mr Got His Life aaaaaall figured out eh? The person you bashed actually has a sense of humor. Something you clearly lack. Sounds like the fiance has ya right where she wants you. Good luck with that...

Anyway, on topic...

I'm 37

4-5 hours on weekdays / upwards of 20 hours on the weekends combined.

27, and just let my sub expire. Before that my playtime varied but with the things this game is missing and the the very nature of its design I just don't have the time to put into a meaningless grind anymore (as much as I may enjoy various aspects of the game.) Edited by Thaderin

33. Often 10+ hours a day (no job atm) with exception of weekends when I was usually going out. Not any more though, crap fps in pvp (on my decent machine), ability delay and not particularly exciting end game progression (to me anyway) made me not resub for now.

28 Can play 6 hours a day on days I work and 12+ if I wanted to on weekends. In the first 2 weeks of release I had avg of 12+hrs a day playing. Guess that's what happens when a vacation you scheduled in Jan works to time right up with the release in Dec lol. Don't play that much anymore. More like 3-4 hours a day when I work and 6-10 on weekends.

Lol. I never said they shouldn't play I said I was surprised to find people in their 60s playing the game. I didn't know they did that. Most people around that age are telling me that they hate the new technology so it just surprised me. People think every younger person playing a game is 12 don't they. I think you should up your guess more than that.

Go to your room!

;)

And thank you for the clarification.

Edited by Xabana