How old are you? how many hours you play?

grekka

25. In between jobs and moving. My game time ranges between 3 to 8 hours. I'll admit to have done a few 12 hours days while leveling my first to 50. I've got about another month of tons of free time. Then it's back to the RL grind.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time typically played: 1-3 hours mmmmoooost weekdays. Weekends; not at all if there's anything better to do and I feel like going out with my significant other and doing it. Couple of times we've just stayed home and played TOR for 12 hours, but I don't see that becoming a regular thing.

Won't use my holiday leave time as a reference. I practically lived on da game with my SO during those weeks. New game craziness is definitely over.

47(me) and 34(wife), 2-3 hours a night on weekdays, up to 12 on the weekends and that's both my wife and myself.

I play a few hours during the day as well since my schedule is pretty light right now, keeping one toon in synch with my wife and levelling others when I play alone. Playing together is definitely more fun though.

Edited by MrTijger

I'm 26. I play about 2 hours a day during the week, after getting home from work, and maybe 4-6 on the weekends doing some flashpoints or heroics with guildies. My husband is 25 and he plays a little less then I do but we usually set up both laptops on the table and after we finish grading we log on and travel the galaxy! So much more interesting then grading papers :p

Another 47er here and I've been gaming for the majority of that.

I also am here with the hubby. Currently playing about 10 hours during the week and 12 -16 hours on the weekend plus raiding in that other game that shall not be mentioned, for another 9 - 12 hours a week :D

I am 30 and so far I am thinking to myself "yay! I can be a kid again!", which is quite true given the distribution of ages here :D ( I, soon will be subject to that sarcasm as well... I know :D )

I play 3-4 hours after work each day. Check my trades in the morning and send my crew on mission in the morning as well (takes 10-15 minutes). On weekends, it would be like 10 hrs a day if I am not hanging out with friends or doing house keeping :)

Oh did I strike a nerve? I didn't say that. I said the majority of playtimes listed in this thread don't reflect average playtimes in studies done on the subject. Just check out some of Yee's studies. It always amazes me when people demand citation when they know they are lke two clicks away from finding it themselves.

no you didn't strike a nerve, I just find it amusing when people post off-topic in a thread and then get huffy when they are questioned. It always amazes ME when people make claims about people they don't even know and then get mad when they are politely asked for a citation.

If you are gonna make a claim, it's YOUR job to back it up. You might want to also not be so aggressive when you post OFF TOPIC on a thread. Trolling is against the rules.

comments on older ppl playing video games. WHO MAKE GAMES? older ppl, who test them? older ppl. lol funny how younger ppl always says im too old to play video games. YOURE NEVER TOO OLD TO PLAY video games. im 27 btw and i get called old.. yea crazy

no you didn't strike a nerve, I just find it amusing when people post off-topic in a thread and then get huffy when they are questioned. It always amazes ME when people make claims about people they don't even know and then get mad when they are politely asked for a citation.

If you are gonna make a claim, it's YOUR job to back it up. You might want to also not be so aggressive when you post OFF TOPIC on a thread. Trolling is against the rules.

Do you think BioWare (or EA) could release the age statistics if they were asked? (well.. asked by us :D ) That would be a "case" study in its fullest extend and most relevant to this game :p

I'm 22 years old and unemployed. Currently looking for a job, but since most places have an app online, I spend most of my day playing. I'll stop for a while for food, shower, calling for jobs, more applications, that sort of thing.

yea doing the same o thing like u. im just 27. sucks doh sitting around waiting for that call.

Hit 37 10 days ago :p. Play 7 days a week as my job allows me too :) love getting paid for playing this hehe!!!. (the joys of working in a shop on youre own) , downside is the eyestrain ...especially Hoth that burns your eyes out. Also actually having to do some work when you are on a mission!!!!

Thought I would start a thread that is away from all the whining!

As the title states :

I am 38

I play 3hrs most days after work weekdays, and 10hrs or so during weekends etc.

I may be heading for divorce soon lol !!

There you go as easy as that lets hear from you out there :)

Wow, this thread took off.

I'm 28, and get about 3 hours a day during the week too - Full time nuclear engineer during the waking hours.

My wife doesn't so much care about the 3 hours during the week, but when I put in 10+ during the weekends is when I think she's going to bust out the papers! :p

This is a nice thread amongst all the whining! :)

I am a 31 year old guy. Married, two daughters (the oldest is 4 years, and the youngest is 9 months), and a cat.

I have been playing computer games since 1985, and I still love it. Played about every single MMO since Ultima Online.

I am a big nerd. I love everything science fiction, and Star Wars IV was actually one of the first movies (apart from cartoons) I ever saw. I think I was about 5 years old when my neighbour came over with a "borrowed" video tape from his father. Loved it then, and love it now!

I play a Sith Warrior Juggernaut on the Bloodworthy server. I am currently in the middle of my "daddy leave" from work, and I usually play an hour while the kid is sleeping during daytime, and 2-4 hours at night. I have to use my time when I have it.

Edited by tmsolberg