How old are you? how many hours you play?

grekka

63 and retired. I play SWTOR several hours most days and raid Fri., Sat. and Sun. evenings with a guild playing another game. I also go outside and wander the woods and the seashore. Retirement's a bear, but someone had to do it. *wink*

@ OP - Thanks for the break from the whining threads.

Edited by Jezmondene

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would start a thread that is away from all the whining!

As the title states :

I am 38

I play 3hrs most days after work weekdays, and 10hrs or so during weekends etc.

I may be heading for divorce soon lol !!

There you go as easy as that lets hear from you out there :)

If you don't take care of your spouse, rest assured....someone else will. Believe it.

I play maybe two hours during worknights. Sometimes 30 minutes. All depends.

On the weekends, my playtime is very fragmented. 45 minutes here, an hour there. Sunday afternoon-night is my major gametime. So like 4 hours there.

I was on vacation for 2 weeks right when the first day of early access started. I'm Lv 41.

33 years old, 0 hours a day since my free month ended and I won't resub yet, had CRAP fps. Before this I only played like 2 hours a day... would have been more if the game ran smooth.

"Then why don't you get a faster PC?"

-Well, like a lot of players, I have a new, top-notch computer that handles ANY game today at highest settings and gives high framerate, EXCEPT this game.

"That's prolly because you guys with super fast machines are noobs and doesn't have the latest drivers, or too many processes on in the background or something like that."

-NO, some of us are pro and know what we are doing, nothing makes this game run over 10fps for some of us with high end machines.

Edited by IronclawFTW

Bolded part is not something to laugh or be proud of. Kind of pathetic, really.

To answer your question though:

I am 25.

I only play on weekends and when I do it is in the evening hours for anywhere from 2-4 hours. This may only be on Friday or Saturday. If we have nothing going on during the weekend then it could be for both. I have other priorities though and work as well as my fiance trumps playing a video game during the week.

Judge much?

I'm 41. I play about 4 hours on 4 out of 5 weeknights, depending on if I also catch up on an episode or two of my favorite TV shows. Weekends about 6 or 7 hours per day if no other activities scheduled.

I am a homebody. It works for me. It also works well for my pocketbook. My significant other is also a gamer, so this works out just fine for both of us!

46 and I play about 2 hours or so a night after kiddies are down to bed wife time permits. I usually get in a good 5-6 hours over the weekend too. Proud member of the Old Republics Dads guild on The Shadowlands server.

Great, family friendly guild and we usually have 100+ people from the main guild on at any given time, even during the week. Makes me want to play more than I am able.

Edited by Dougmysticeye

Age is 42

I dont play during the Mon-Thurs since I work 12 hour shift on nights.

Fri-Sun it is hit or miss depending on what we have going on(snowboarding this weekend)

When I do play it is after everyone has gone to bed since I for the most part stay on my night routine.

But this is an average of what I play:

Swtor-2 hours weekend

WOW- 5 hours weekend

Tiger Woods Online pc version- 1 hour

XBOX (madden or tiger woods)- 2 hours

All of my play time is between 12am-5am

Bolded part is not something to laugh or be proud of. Kind of pathetic, really.

To answer your question though:

I am 25.

I only play on weekends and when I do it is in the evening hours for anywhere from 2-4 hours. This may only be on Friday or Saturday. If we have nothing going on during the weekend then it could be for both. I have other priorities though and work as well as my fiance trumps playing a video game during the week.

Lol, been married over 14 years and video games rule.

When you hear the person say, "To death do you part.", you'll realize that marriage is mortal combat. Start working on your death move.

/jk

I'm 31 and an insomniac. I play probably too much but i'll be awake anyway so why not.

Generally from around 9pm-2am weeknights. Though last night I got sucked into a questline and didn't get off until closer to 4. Still made it into work for 9 and feel fine so I guess that's not too bad.

Depending on what is going on Friday/Sat i will usually play from when I get home (usually around 1AM) until around 4-5 AM. If I'm not up to anything during the day I have been known to play 12+ hours on a Sat/Sun.

Yes I am unmarried and have no children or other responsibilities.

As the title states :

I am 38

Pretty much the same here but I'm 33 and have a baby that takes up a lot of time so it's more like 2 hours after work and 6 on weekends. Divorce is imminent lol

Im 37 and my wife is 32 and we average about 4 hours a day each lol.... Its one of the things we do together.... Some watch movies or go to the park.... We choose to fly around the galaxy wreaking havoc on the republic lol

I actually read a study done by havards phsycology dept that said average gamer age was 33-45....

As the title states :

I am 38

I didn't know 38 year olds played video games.

Thank God someone is around my age.

You didn't have to tell us. Your comment about 38 year olds daring to play the game gave away your own age (although I would have said 12).

39 here. I play 15 - 20 hours a week depending on free time. Still seems like a lot of time.

Edited by Xabana

I didn't know 38 year olds played video games.

Prime age range to be growing up during the time consoles were first released into the wild. Only reason to stop is peer pressure really, and in my experience that's mostly from the ladies.

Edited by Mrip