How old are you? how many hours you play?

grekka

Lol. I never said they shouldn't play I said I was surprised to find people in their 60s playing the game. I didn't know they did that. Most people around that age are telling me that they hate the new technology so it just surprised me. People think every younger person playing a game is 12 don't they. I think you should up your guess more than that.

Are you kidding?Years ago there was a gal in her 70s playing D2.Also during the Beta there were several threads like this and a lot of 60 plus.I am 55 and will be playing till they stick me in the old soldiers home.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding?Years ago there was a gal in her 70s playing D2.Also during the Beta there were several threads like this and a lot of 60 plus.I am 55 and will be playing till they stick me in the old soldiers home.

This is a good thing! My mum is around the same age - honestly I would like her to get more involved in using current technology. She is slowly but I don't think she would ever get as far as gaming.

I'm in college and working part-time. Typically play 45-60 minutes on a weeknight (if at all) and a couple of hours/day on the weekend (if not much else going on)

Wish I could pay by hour cause I don't play all that much - but I really like this game!

I'm 34, work full-time, play roughly 5 hours total during the week, 5-10 hours over the weekend

Husband is 37, works full-time, plays maybe 2-3 hours most nights during the week, 5-10 hours off and on over the weekend... all depends on how much I nag him to do things around the house :D

I'm 28. I'm working full time, doing 12+ hours of internship, and taking a separate class... I don't get a lot of time. Maybe 15-30 minutes each morning during the week for space combat and a bit of crafting GTN work, and a few hours on the weekends. Once this semester is over I'll have more time during the week. Will be nice to have time to group.

Amazing the avg age in the thread is about 30. I wonder if people knew this they would be less inclined to dismiss the forum community as whiny kids!

If you check names, you'll see a lot of the worst offenders aren't posting in this thread. ;)

Anyway, bravo for a thread full of mature people being mature, for families who game together, and for a game we love enough to dedicate many hours of freetime to, despite its teething problems.

-- 47, mother of a 15 year old daughter who also plays. Hours vary from none on busy days to all day on some saturdays. :D

Everyone knows that MMOs are really for older people who are married and at home a lot more!

Shouldn't all you younguns be out getting drunk, partying and getting as much punani as possible and not sitting behind a PC pretending to be a Jedi lol

Well thats my arguement when a youngster says you shouldn't be playing games at your age lol

I've played an MMO for 15 yrs with a lady that was 65 (now 80!) and is still going strong. She is one of the games top 3 healers and is an awesome person. I'd love for more retiree's to get into MMO's, but with all their free time they would dominate us....

This is a good thing! My mum is around the same age - honestly I would like her to get more involved in using current technology. She is slowly but I don't think she would ever get as far as gaming.

There might be a game out there that interest her.Some folks like the card games or play Mah Jong online.I think that is the name of the game.

I can't resist- gotta throw in some whining-

All these old geezers! What're they thinking? Taking up my TIME and my SPACE and forcing me to read how they are such "gamers"! HAH! I bet they couldnt find their screens even with double-bifocals and their joysticks.... Of course, with the way this game is so screwed up blah blah blah blah

Sorry, only so far I could take that-

As for the real thread topic- (and yes, I agree it's a good thread topic and am pleasantly surprised by the demographics represented in this thread)

Mid-40's, married w/ kids and a life, yet still play 2-3 hours most evenings and, kids' activities permitting, a lot more on weekends. Thankfully, got the spouse hooked back into gaming as well (though unfortunately she's still stuck on that OTHER game). Don't watch a whole lot of tv, hang in bars or go to movies, but at $.50/ day, gaming works really well keeping me entertained.

Strangely enough, the other game I really enjoy right now is the complete opposite of TOR- old-style sandbox MMO with all of the pros/cons- (Vanguard- and yes, it's still around)

Now back to the whining! It's cold out here and someone needs to get those D@**m kids off my lawn ;)

Edited by Laxhack

so what you're saying is....these people are not being entirely truthful? LOL, it seems like there is always someone to come on a thread like this and throw out 'various studies regarding the subject' but never cite a source.

Oh did I strike a nerve? I didn't say that. I said the majority of playtimes listed in this thread don't reflect average playtimes in studies done on the subject. Just check out some of Yee's studies. It always amazes me when people demand citation when they know they are lke two clicks away from finding it themselves.

I work from home so whenever i'm not doing anything work related I play. Plus my wife is a nurse so she works long hours, my step daughter is at University and the other kids are at school so I get quite a bit of free time.