Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

Stop it Doonie. You are out of your element

So you quote me with a Big Lebowski reference (its Donny by the way) which has nothing to do with the point I am making and immediately dismiss the fact I may have had a valid point. Good job.

Edited by GalinGrey

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a confirmed bug caused by the 1.1 Patch. Many peeps have reported it. Try again.

It's also worrying when you can run BF3 in Ultra mode and 16x MSAA but SWTOR can't even handle 20v20 open world PvP in Ilum with everything set to low and Vsync turned off...

And before bf3 was patched??? Game was broken hardcore. Patience.

Sorry, they need to take care of this manually with no rollback. I saw that people were "exploiting" on Ilum, so I didn't go and have been running warzones for the last few hours. Not everyone takes advantage, so not everyone should be harmed by this. You are all short sighted thinking that rollbacks of any kind are good in MMO's. A larger part of the population didn't take advantage of this, than did. What about all the people that have been leveling? What about all the crafting people have done and the time they spent doing flashpoints and operations?

Seriously all you over-reacting rollback = unsub people, I will not miss you.

man that is gonna take them forever to do after the 10th person they'll scan up with their eyes and see 5000 plus and will be like "eehhh no one will notice now we can say we did something"

I want free Ducking game time Bioware , and I want the server imbalance ducking looked at! and I want you to put a ducking cap on warzones for 50s so when I join I don't see 6 verse 8 in a match and guess who is going to win someone with more teammembers DUURRRR! You ducked this game up so much it's not even funny!

Duck fills in for the magic word !!!

thxkbye unsub

You know what the most sickening joke of all of this is?

They are letting the people who are farming there now, even after they recognized it was a huge mistake, stay there!

Not only that, but for all of you people that didn't go there and do your thing, you can't go now. That's just the kind of brainless thought process that a dead horse game designer would have.

If they offered the people who bought Collector's editions to go to Ilum just for an hour tonight, imagine how many more copies they would have sold! LMAO!

But the worst of it really is, in their official response not only did they have the nerve to mention that "republic players may have been doing it, but they had the gaul to mention them in the sentence BEFORE the imperials. Give me a freaking break!

Show me one picture of republic players zerging the imperial base spawn point and I'll gladly keep paying you. Trust me, I have PLENTY of the imperials doing it along with fraps footage as well.

Stop spawning? When did they implement the "spawn somewhere else" button? and why should be have to log out and play alts cause people think its funny to sit on spawn points?

They didn't which is part of the problem sure but the fact still remains you sat and let enemy players farm valor off you because you simply refused to stop respawning into a deathtrap.

So I'm curious of all the people posting here, how many of you were actually impacted or affected directly in some way by this? Probably none.

Given that bioware obviously looked at the data and determined there was no need for a rollback based on actual data, not a bunch of rumors and forum posts blowing things proportionality out of the water.

In actuality, none of you know how many people or at all if this was even a huge issue you're basing it off nothing. Perhaps a small % of people did get a large percent of valor even so it clearly wasn't enough to warrant them doing something like a rollback which is greatly worse.

So please continue buying into your own know it all attitudes that this was the most serious issue ever because someone said something here, and posted a screenshot there.

So you quote me with a Big Lebowski reference (its Donny by the way) which has nothing to do with the point I am making and immediately dismiss the fact I may have had a valid point. Good job.

I am typing on an iPad and its auto correct is wonky.

They were in the republic base camping the respwn point. Think about that until you figure it out

Edited by ActionAce

And before bf3 was patched??? Game was broken hardcore. Patience.

Before BF3 was patched... what? I never had the BF3 loading screen randomly pop up during actual gameplay while I was capping a flag or killing an opponent lol nor did I ever had any difficulty running the game in Ultra mode. Your point is?

It had its connection issues but actual gameplay was never broken hardcore. You must be confusing it with ****** COD.

lol getting 5 ranks takes 5 days? LOLOLOL

You may not be aware, but 50+ ranks are substantially larger than pre-50 ranks. while level 50 is only 9500 points, 51 is nearly 15,000, 52 = 19,000, 53=23000 pts, etc.

Rank 59 is over 50,000 pts or roughly 50 warzones to complete. This is why people are angry that those gains were made over the span of a few short hours today.

I think a lot of people that are unsubbing, are doing so because this is just a giant last straw.

The arrogance in BW's responses in this thread, just further demonstrate what the future will be like in this game. It will never be BW's fault, and players will always be the problem -- but be sure to keep sending in your monthly payment to BW.

Imo, people that are not happy with BW, should cancel -- even if for a short time. Voting with your wallet is the most effective way to get the message across.

How is this a giant last straw. Seriously people, the game is barely a month old. I mean, do you really have that lil patience. I've played a lot of MMO's in my time. In no way did I ever expect this game to be perfect or even close to it at launch. players exploited a fault in the system today. Republican players who repeatedly fed those taking advantage of it, your as much to blame as bioware is. You see a problem, remove yourself from it until it is fixed. Simple as that. You cry more than my five year old nephew. All of you crying about canceling, the community here will be much better off without you. For those of you who understand MMO's are under constant development, I look forward to sharing this game with you for some time.