Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the new patch. The PVP in Illum is quite enjoyable... whats the point of a rollback? Play the game and have fun.

You are not forced to participate in the pvp. If you dont like it go roleplay in Hutta with cookies.

Hello everyone; I wanted to update you on the issues we’ve been seeing today on the live servers, specifically within the Open World PvP area on Ilum. We’re aware that on some servers, either Republic or Empire groups have been capturing the Ilum control points, entering the enemy’s base and ‘camping’ the medcenters, preventing the opposite faction from leaving their base to recapture control points. This is not a fair or balanced gameplay experience and can also severely affect client performance, so we’re taking steps to address this.

Our intended design for Ilum Open World PvP is that players are instantly killed when entering the enemy’s base safe area, just like in Warzones, and that the defending faction can take taxis to other points within the zone. In Game Update 1.1, this is not working as intended. We have found the issue preventing this from happening under server load and will be publishing an Emergency Patch to address the issue. We’re aiming to have this patch published early tomorrow morning (January 19th, 5 AM US CST).

In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on Ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to render fewer characters on-screen at once.

Regarding Valor gains, with the 1.1 update, players now receive a base reward of 20 Valor per unique enemy player defeated in a short time, and this base reward is modified by the number of objectives that the player’s faction owns. The gains are rate limited per player killed, encouraging players to attack unique players, not to pursue vendettas. The Valor gains players can see over time will vary greatly depending on the activity level in the zone. This is expected.

To dispel a couple of rumors that have been seen today – there is no Valor gain from destroying turrets within enemy bases, and none from killing NPCs.

We encourage players to avoid Ilum until our patch is deployed. As a temporary measure we will be disabling taxi services which would normally take players into the Open World PvP area. However, players will still be able to taxi out of the area.

We will continue to monitor Ilum across all servers and will make further changes to gameplay if required. We welcome your feedback here on the Forums, but please ensure your feedback is constructive and specific. Feedback based on rumor does not help us isolate potential issues.

Update: Please see Associate Community Manager Joveth Gonzalez's update below:

all players over valor 70 should be rolled back .....

we do have streams that proved that turrets gave valor .... as well as lists of exploits

many of us have avoided ilum today to hopefully avoid action on our accounts but you allowed people to massively exploit

PVP in this game is ruined unless you roll back all valor gained while in ilum zones for today....

You should read what other forums and mmo forums are saying about this screweup that was "not as intended" by your words.

-----------------------------

Roll back required or you have permanetly ruined pvp on the servers.

thats agiven and if you ask any sane bioware employee or those of any mmo... you will understand why. Thousands today quit over the patch... a true remedy is needed with email appologies.

Please do a roll back... this is insane. I have friends who went rank 40 to 88 to an hour.

Same ... .and we are delayed in EV becasue certain people wish to continue exploiting in hopes that a rollback does not happen....

rollback is a must

Not sure why BW allows Gabe Amatangelo to return to work tomorrow with such an epic fail and the refusal to make things right by doing a rollback for all the IMP's that camped valor in this patch. They all took advantage of it, period.

no rollback = no sub Kthx bai, you clearly dont care about the people playing this game if you are just going to send the repubs to the slaughter house and the imperials to pull the triggers for valor.

No, my friend, they obviously do care about the vast majority of the playerbase that didn't even set foot on Ilum today, and that would be damaged by something as absolutely STUPID as a general rollback.

And I'm glad to see that they care.

Regardless if you do or do not agree with why all these players are quitting,

the bottom line is all these players quitting are Republic players.

If half of these republic players quit like they say they will then who will the Empire have to destroy?

-UNSUBBED

Not sure why BW allows Gabe Amatangelo to return to work tomorrow with such an epic fail and the refusal to make things right by doing a rollback for all the IMP's that camped valor in this patch. They all took advantage of it, period.

Yeah, I've noticed plethora of people even off of this website forum are surprised he's still working, lol.

Point made.... figure it out and your iq will increase.

You're comparing minor BF3 connection issues to the bugfest that is SWTOR? Haha, you sir just made my day.

- green walls all over the place

- randomly falling through elevators

- randomly ending up in space

- totally broken pvp system

- valor rank rendered useless

- stuck social/light/dark side bars

- entering warzones and randomly getting thrown back to the login screen

- ability stuttering

- faction imbalance

- gear magically disappearing

- lack of gear modification/color dye

- no endgame content

vs

- minor connection issues

- small gfx artifact bug

I see.

Edited by darthtoph

No rollback.

Players allowed to abuse faulty not working as intended mechanics.

Players farming via spawn camping/killing.

Random Warzone boots resulting in a loss of all medals and valor.

Yeah F this.

Unsubscribed.

read terms of service... you violated the rules... a rollback is allowed and the dev's can do as they please.... if the majority of customers say roll back.... rollbck or you may lose a huge portion of that majority and pvp ruined forever

Cant be your favorite if you unsubbed.

Anybody with any sense would just shrug this off, its a freaking game. It's like Bioware isn't allowed to make mistakes, people need to learn to back off.

Does this suck? sure it does, will quitting and crying about it change anything? no it wont.

How about everyone just chills out and let this get fixed, Insulting people and threatening to leave isn't constructive in any way shape or form.

Sure, be frustrated but understand that every employee at Bioware is a human, and humans make mistakes. Just stop with all the conspiracy theories about how Bioware is out to screw us and lie to our faces and all this crap. Just relax, if you don't want to play right now, then don't. Stop ruining it for those of us without anger issues.

Somebody blazed up before this post lol I love it. I feel the same way. I already prepaid 3 mo so Ill be around. Hell I had to work today and missed the whole thing...

Its too bad it went down like this. I have been waiting for this game since 2008/9 and although Im kinda disappointed their first big update was this rocky I am definately not going to unsub for this...

Every game Ive ever played had mass exploits (that eventually got fixed), and I never got in on the action lol. Im still going to get the gear and valor and know I did it legit, buisiness as usual.

All they could do once trapped there was log out and not play that character until it gets fixed.

You can't use fleet pass or quick travel cause of the debuff and they couldn't reach the speeder guy.

I know and I get that which is why people should have just died and logged out. This way there would have been 0 Republic players on Ilum and therefore no valor to farm. Is this the best solution? No of course not, people want to play their mains. If this happened to me too I would be pissed but I would have just given up and done something else in the meantime.

People are complaining about how everyone are now Battlemasters and such but if they just stopped feeding valor to the enemy, while the problem would still exist until a hotfix, at least then every Imperial player wouldn't be a battlemaster.

Edited by GalinGrey

Blablabla, I am Empire. Hear me roar. /purr

We can live with them making mistakes. We all do that. What we can't live with is there extremely lax response to this. People posted about this almost immediately after the servers came up. And they did nothing for the next 9 hours. That is why most of us are annoyed.