Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol...not at the dev post. At all the crying like babies and false claims of cancelled subs. I'm sure a few of u did. Bigger lol at you. Its a freaken game, and a damn good one at that.

Exactly. All damn good games give you a random black/loading screen every 5 minutes during gameplay. Oh wait....

Edited by darthtoph

ATTN: Ill explain this for the PVE scrubs who are saying stop whinging or the rank 25 casuals.

Once you hit battlemaster rank, you can ONLY HAVE A SMALL CHANCE of getting your gear once a day. After that all there is left to do in pvp is grind out ranks for TITLES!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my guild mates have spent hours upon hours reaching rank 70 some even higher, and what for a title that every scrub and his dog on imperial side is going to have, obviously you ppl saying stop whinging don't understand why hardcore ppl play this game. This is why its ********.

Get through your thick head that this is the only realistic solution that they can implement. If you think they can punish hundreds of thousands of players that got their progression legitimately in the whole game today in order to roll back the few hundreds that got it by exploiting, you must be the most delusional creature on the planet.

People at level 50 fighting it out on Ilum are the vast minority compared to the vast majority of the playerbase that isn't even near to get there.

Demanding for them to completely void the progression of the vast majority in order to hit the vast minority is ludicrous. The only thing you should be asking for is exactly what they promise, for those in that vast minority to be pinpointed and adressed individually.

There's no other solution in the realm of realism. Simple as that.

They can do a partial rollback, like anyone that got more than 30k valor has it reduced to 30k.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

Nice BS attempt at damage control. Not falling for it. This isn't keeping up with the kardashians.

If a ton of people doing the same thing, why only focus on an extremely small portion?

Also ANYONE that stepped foot out there got a nice advantage, and did it in the same method. Why be selective?

If you weren't completely stupid you would have shut servers down immediately and rolled back. That would have caused the least amount of damage.

Same here, there isn't even any kind of PVP death penalty in this game. I've had bugs in another game that cost me a week of day and night grinding in lost XP, and I've been in PVP fights that cost me everything of value I owned.

When I unsub, it will be because I'm falling asleep at the keyboard doing PVP with no real stakes and no reason for my faction to band together to fight the imps.

(By real stakes I do not mean battlemaster gear or biotech stims lol)

200 imps beating my bunz in every couple of seconds forcing a respawn? No problem. :cool:

Exactly, so by your sentiment, why would it be that big of a deal to rollback the valor gains? Look at the last 80+ pages of people who are cancelling their subs. If your whole argument here is that "other games wasted less of my time", then by all rationality we can implement a rollback, and everyone's happy.

Take note, Gabe, GoldSquadGirl supports a rollback, and she's not unsubbing either way.

I think a lot of people that are unsubbing, are doing so because this is just a giant last straw.

The arrogance in BW's responses in this thread, just further demonstrate what the future will be like in this game. It will never be BW's fault, and players will always be the problem -- but be sure to keep sending in your monthly payment to BW.

Imo, people that are not happy with BW, should cancel -- even if for a short time. Voting with your wallet is the most effective way to get the message across.

+infinity

All I know is that

I'm starting to farm my battlemaster gear now, hard to believe I was 40 this morning

and oh............

Thanks for the no rollback BioWare, I spent 5 hours doing this with 6 FPS, dont want to see them go to waste

Haha they are looking for ppl that exploited, and you openly admit it, gg

Did any of you ever think to heal the turrets that "gave massive amounts of valor"? On my server (Mandalore the Indomitable) the Republic side just healed the turrets and waited for the Imperials to get impatient and charge in. We were outnumbered 3 to 1 yet we were gaining way more valor than them. I went from valor level 40-45 in 3 or 4 hours and died maybe 5 times. Also, we got up on the walls and AoE'd them when they were out of turret range.

I'd happily give up my 5 levels for a rollback, it was a poor introduction, but at least BW is on their way to encouraging legitimate PvP on the PvP planet. You're all complaining that you got farmed or you farmed them, yet I doubt nearly as many of you were complaining when you could just walk up to the objectives and trade updates and finish a weekly in 10 minutes.

This reminds me of when Tseric told the warriors to just "pop enrage", freggin idiot.

So.. this game might be free to play soon!

Remember, Remember the 5th of November,

The patch day treason and plot.

I see not reason to be MS and Cleavin',

When Tseric wants us all to spec prot.

This reminds me of when Tseric told the warriors to just "pop enrage", freggin idiot.

So.. this game might be free to play soon!

I will forever remember Tseric quoting this:

If you think an archaic business formula like "the customer is always right" works, you fail to understand customers, not a customer. It is a collective. No one person, even myself, is truly above the whole.

Edited by SargerusIII

I have to wonder does Biowae have worst PR eye in whole industry.

They got bad rep for EGA since they couldn't tell how it works.

Security system is screwed up as its too painstaking to fix if you forgot your only security question asked. It also had bugs like asking questions that never had been chosen.

Lot of minor technical bugs. Lot of performance issues that affect PVP bad way.

And now this. Honestly, is this some devious plan to convince customers not to pay up?

I don't think the problem here is anymore that there wouldn't be mistakes made.

Problem is bioware isn't learning about them and even doing more of them. Going to wrong direction totally.

If the grand plan is NOT to fix anything that is wrong but instead create lot of new problems we customers may as well cancel our subscriptions.

What are the new population caps going to be?

They need to be 50 vs 50 on each side. What can the servers handle without having a slide show? Today my experiance has been 50-60 fps running around solo and 5 -7 fps where the zerg is. When trying to fight in the zerg I'm lucky if I can do 1 ability in 10s as a melee class before I die. When I try to solo showing high fps I still have to spam a button for 5sec before the ability works.

If you cannot take away this lag and make Illum peform as well as a Warzone (i.e playable) then DELETE IT as its worthless. TEST IT BEFORE YOU Deploy the FIX, STRESS TEST IT TO SAVE ALL YOUR PLAYERS STRESS...DO your jobs and earn the money your customers are paying you to play your game.

I can't see Open RvR working at all unless you can dramatically improve the performance. I'd rather have no gear and just play warzones until I get bored of it.

What about if you have a raid group can the whole raid get into the same instance together with the caps? Can you all change instance? This is a Must have requirement or it defeats the purpose of ORvR

"A c***s a c**t" if you can't make it work don't waste time on it. Some things can't be saved.

With regards to rollbacks etc.....good luck there will be many angry people either way.

I don't know if they CAN rollback servers. Anyone in beta have a rollback?

Either way, you can easily rollback valor and nothing else...as for how it was earned, sorry for those in warzones.

The main problem though is that people are talking about rolling back when Bioware also released this PvE content etc. etc. etc...I mean it just shows you how much people WANT a PvP MMO to do well.

I'm still amazed at how fast Bioware kill that buzz.

Edited by mrjoemama