Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

Lol No one got max rank by doing this. I did it for 5 hrs and only got like 4 ranks...You guys are just overreacting. Anyways I could care less if they rollback valor or not. I'm not gonna stop playing a game I like because of it. And the only people crying here are the people who got camped. LOLOL Edited by Suzakku

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*** is all this QQ and whining, "meh, I'm not gonna re-up my sub see"!

Get a life, it's just a game. This pvp going on in Illum is awesome!! You should be out here with us.

I've been here for a couple hours and have only gotten five levels.. not much better than BG's so ***? **** or come battle with us..

God MMO's have such cry baby's. Seriously.

Empire? lol

The expectation is that BW would be qualified enough to have avoided the issue before it ever got to this point.

They are making ametuer mistakes, which I think is why people are so upset. This is not some 'out of nowhere' surprise issue.

Exactly, they had plenty of notice what was going on. People were posting in the forums about Imps spawncamping. They knew that Imps getting into the Rep Base was happening when it should have been impossible. They should have just shut down the servers and started an investigation then instead of allowing this to continue for 9 or so hours.

Here is what I dont get. I am a Republic player but my highest level character is just about to hit 48. I have to ask though.......why does everyone keep respawning?

The problem is clear. They rack up valor from player kills. When you are dead you can still see the the SEA OF RED NAMES and all the horrible lightning and explosions blowing up the very spot you are going to reappear at. So why, WHY would you be so dumb to respawn OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN to feed the massive horde valor then come complain about it later. That makes no sense. STOP. SPAWNING. Go play an alt for the day. The Imperial plays will stop when they suddenly have NO ONE TO KILL and they won't all be Instant Battlemasters. Yes the patch is messed up and this should probably never have happened to begin with but you are doing nothing but feeding the problem. You are the ones giving the enemy players their valor ranks, not Bioware. Now they are going to be doing an emergency patch which is great and all but honestly this shutting down of taxi's to the planet or whatever should have been done earlier to avoid this. Then people would be less upset at the 3-4 valor ranks that some people gained as opposed to the 10 or more they did over the course of the day.

The fault may have originally been Bioware's but the players didn't help the situation. My point still stands.

STOP. SPAWNING!

Stop it Doonie. You are out of your element

I was valor 59 when today started

Grinded my *** off for about 30k+ valor today doing 15-20 warzones to hit 60 today, just to later find out people got the same amount from a couple hours of exploiting people dying and respawning

1. They need to roll back the exploiters or I ragequit

2. If they roll my LEGIT VALOR from WZ today I might ragequit as well.

If this is actually true, I think you got hit by lighting on your toon.

I was valor 59 when today started

Grinded my *** off for about 30k+ valor today doing 15-20 warzones to hit 60 today, just to later find out people got the same amount from a couple hours of exploiting people dying and respawning

1. They need to roll back the exploiters or I ragequit

2. If they roll my LEGIT VALOR from WZ today I might ragequit as well.

nuff said!

Sorry, they need to take care of this manually with no rollback. I saw that people were "exploiting" on Ilum, so I didn't go and have been running warzones for the last few hours. Not everyone takes advantage, so not everyone should be harmed by this. You are all short sighted thinking that rollbacks of any kind are good in MMO's. A larger part of the population didn't take advantage of this, than did. What about all the people that have been leveling? What about all the crafting people have done and the time they spent doing flashpoints and operations?

Seriously all you over-reacting rollback = unsub people, I will not miss you.

Here is what I dont get. I am a Republic player but my highest level character is just about to hit 48. I have to ask though.......why does everyone keep respawning?

The problem is clear. They rack up valor from player kills. When you are dead you can still see the the SEA OF RED NAMES and all the horrible lightning and explosions blowing up the very spot you are going to reappear at. So why, WHY would you be so dumb to respawn OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN to feed the massive horde valor then come complain about it later. That makes no sense. STOP. SPAWNING. Go play an alt for the day. The Imperial plays will stop when they suddenly have NO ONE TO KILL and they won't all be Instant Battlemasters. Yes the patch is messed up and this should probably never have happened to begin with but you are doing nothing but feeding the problem. You are the ones giving the enemy players their valor ranks, not Bioware. Now they are going to be doing an emergency patch which is great and all but honestly this shutting down of taxi's to the planet or whatever should have been done earlier to avoid this. Then people would be less upset at the 3-4 valor ranks that some people gained as opposed to the 10 or more they did over the course of the day.

The fault may have originally been Bioware's but the players didn't help the situation. My point still stands.

STOP. SPAWNING!

Stop spawning? When did they implement the "spawn somewhere else" button? and why should be have to log out and play alts cause people think its funny to sit on spawn points?

"You have no play time. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code. We will keep your account and character information in case you decide to return."

You were warned MULPTIPLE times that Open PvP, population imbalances and kill requirements wouldn't work and you chose to ignore it.

You then try and shift the blame from poor implentation to the game not working as intended. I mean, really, do you think we are that stupid.

This leads down a road you don't want to be travelling Bioware - I suggest you change your attitude.

Anyone Else have a headache ... lets summarize what people want and be done with it ok?

A) Rollback on valor exploited today

B) "im unsubing this is garbage"

C) "Dont cry its just a game"

D) Bioware failed on first patch ever big deal its their first patch.

E) "Never seen a patch introduce more problems than it fixes."

"If we wake up tomorrow, then we know we arn't dead" -Randy Marsh -South Park

Goodnight, Forum Sleep Well

This is a disgrace. I have no respect for the Devs if they let the players who abused this exploitative system go without some punishment. Rollbacks are needed. Bans would be great.

You disappoint me. I'm seeing very little reason to continue playing if this is how you treat your customers. It's bad enough you do nothing at all to curb the gross faction imbalance. And even show blatant favoritism toward the Empire. It's bullcrap. If I wanted to feel unappreciated by the developers of the game I play, I'd have kept playing Alliance in WoW.

Edited by Esrac

So let me follow:

1. Bioware releases a crap patch late

2. Crap patch released late is broken at patch day

3. Players inform Bioware of PvP issues begging for servers to come down

4. Bioware takes no action all day

5. Bioware posts they are aware of issues and are "aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary."

This sums up why BW isn't getting any more of my money rather nicely.

I might be back about the time Gabe pulls his head from his rear, issues an apology, and takes the advice of the community at large in regards to the Valor issue.

Somehow, though, I doubt that will ever happen at this point.

It's a shame; BW used to be one of the more well-respected developers in the industry.

Edited by Seattlite

So...one mistake and yall jump ship? ****** player, you are.

Cmon guys...get your heads out your asses.

It's not that. It's their failure to correct that mistake and lying about it. Why would they put turrets covering both base entrances if it was intended for people to get instant killed?

So let me follow:

1. Bioware releases a crap patch late

2. Crap patch released late is broken at patch day

3. Players inform Bioware of PvP issues begging for servers to come down

4. Bioware takes no action all day

5. Bioware posts they are aware of issues and are "aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary."

Simply amazing, either there is incompetent leadership at work or they really are clueless about MMO's.

Blizzard and Trion are laughing as Bioware self destructs in 60 days.

60 days?? You are giving them way too much credit. They haven't even officially hit 30 days yet.

Lol No one got max rank by doing this. I did it for 5 hrs and only got like 4 ranks...You guys are just overreacting. Anyways I could care less if they rollback valor or not. I'm not gonna stop playing a game I like because of it. And the only people crying here are the people who got camped. LOLOL

So you did something in 5 hours that would normally take 5 days? and we shouldn't be pist? cool story.

Ok... this is just amazing.

Can't you see that not a single serious issue concerning balancing/gameplay has been approach in a serious maner ? It's they listen to all the whining and just do the easiest thing - cut down / nerf. Rather than considering a proper solution, where players wouldn't feel that they are losing something or that the rules of the game have changed.

I've canceled my subscription a few days ago - after seeing the 1.1 patch notes, I just realised that it is the same mechanism - kids complaining about slicing, nerf it. ppl complaining about biochem - nerf it. I've been biochem since the beginning, i thought hard about i - and i just hate someone interfering with it at this point in this way.

I can't say I enjoyed previous Ilum, but at least I went there, it was sometimes fun - some 1 on 1 with republic was possible, and quite an easy way to gain champion bags. Yes I am Imperial - but when there was a lot of imps around I've waited for the rep to attack first, cause getting ganked 10:1 simply sucks.

Some of you remember the great adds and interviews about the Outlaw's Den and Ilum - how great it is, and how it will blow ur mind - it was just a publicity stunt before the release. They didnt care about the locations and they even bother to think how it will work.

I won't be back until Bioware changes its attitude - problems being actually addressed and fixed, crafting is made fair and rewarding, nut just pommeled when something was profitable. And say sorry - I hate seeing in every yellow note that 'some players have exploited' no they haven't, you have created an exploit mechanism, it's obvious that people will you use it. With every single patch I either was not able to play game, or as with this one i saw some random loading screens all the time and drop in FPS.

EVERY SINGLE PATCH HAD A NEGATIVE IMPACT ON MY GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE. This sucks. Bioware - get a grip.

You need to rollback the valor gains. You've successfully given those players an insane lead on those that they were farming. How do you expect anyone to PVP after this if you don't retract the "Exploiters Spoils of War(CHEATING)"