Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this issue not identified during the additional "testing".

Obviously not.

And they obviously where not monitering the situation, because if the problem is this 'Broken insta kill zone', they would have known it immediately.

Instead, they have taken no action, and waited hours to come up with a response that seem clearly to be a fabricated excuse.

Bioware, the reason we are all up in arms about this faux pas is the gear associated with said valor gained by this bug.

That gear has such a huge advantage in Warzones that no amount of skill can negate it. This gives a huge advantage to the respective faction that abused this mechanic be on the republic or imperial side.

This just exasperates the gear differential with any corresponding PvP tier introduced in the future.

You knew coming into this game, that this MMO is based on two factions, you guys even implement it in all the stories of every class. You fight Imperials as Republics and vice versa.

Something needs to be done with the huge valor gains this patch has caused, I know players were not to blame since MMO players only do if the game mechanic tells them to do, even exploiting.

I seriously cannot fathom how or why you were able to release this patch in it current condition considering a game breaking bug was in the very zone you guys have vaunted for months on end for us to be excited about. In this day and age of MMO refinement, this just boggles my mind.

wow... BIOWARE... jesus freaking christ... 7 yrs in the making gone in one day of disaster... world record when it comes to failed MMO's... early released or not Blizzard took care of the problem after the 1st 10 forums posts were made... there is over 100+ post about this particular issue and no one did anything about it... i wonder if they still get paid to sit and watch the kind of FAILURE they have engineered... SMH

good luck BIOWARE... you're gonna need it...

Not going to freak out and rage, but please, Bioware, honor the concept of justice.

They are.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

This is the only justfiable and warranted action they can take. Any kind of general rollback would be massively unfair to all the vast majority of the player base that got it's progression legitimately today.

Get through your thick head that this is the only realistic solution that they can implement. If you think they can punish hundreds of thousands of players that got their progression legitimately in the whole game today in order to roll back the few hundreds that got it by exploiting

People posted numerous videos and screen caps. It wasn't a "few hundred" people spawn camping... It was thousands.

Almost every server reported this type of behavior and that means it had a global (impacted all servers) impact and should be fixed.

read terms of service... you violated the rules... a rollback is allowed and the dev's can do as they please.... if the majority of customers say roll back.... rollbck or you may lose a huge portion of that majority and pvp ruined forever

Whoa, slow down a minute.

First I was at work from 8am EST to 7pm EST.

I was not even logged in to exploit, secondly I am Level 42 with 27 Valor.

Yes I am an Imperial but this is disgusting, if I could transfer with my gear I would be Republic.

I WANT a rollback.

I am still bitter my first WZ tonight I earned 9 medals which is my highest so far and a random loading screen popped and next thing I know I'm back on the Fleet.

I just read that there is no rollback, so I promptly logged out and now I am downloading some F2P MMORPGs.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all are some QQing B I T C H E S!!!! I can gaurantee 100% that everyone crying in here is a WoW alumni. I never met a wow player who had any gaming skill or could pvp if their life depended on it. Every WoW player i ever meet was the kids I wanted to beat up in high school but didn't want to get suspended for doing society a service. Bunch of pointdexter QQing mofo's!!!

Get over it. They are working to fix it. Every MMO has had major catastrophes like this. If ur complaining about ppl getting valor, then you probably dont have any valor yourself and are a fail pvp'er to begin with and only pve FP's all day long.

Ok, so a bunch of people took advantage for a few hours of an obvious mistake in the game. It is quickly being remedied 24 hours later, not a big deal. Seriously!!! S T F U!!

go back to WoW!!!!

lol guys check out this internet tough guy! you sad that you wont have anyone to play with anymore =[?

Yeah someone is gonna take a video of themseleves exploiting valor gain and then upload it to youtube...

I doubt it.

Republic expect to see lots more battlemasters!!

Exspect to play hutball all the time and barren PVP grounds ******e!

Yep, you figured it out. You must be super smart. I mean a large company, investing a lot of money into a product so they can make a eventual profit of of it, actually would specifically unbalance the game making it miserable for some of their paying customers. If I owned a large game company that would be my business strategy as well. What are you like 7, 8? They made a mistake, get over it. I'm willing to guess you were one of the republicans dumb enough to let the Imps farm you over and over today for that valor. Remember, they couldn't of gotten that valor unless yall kept showing up. Which you did.

Prove to me they don't favor Empire.

1. Gross Class imbalances, Scoundrel stun rooting the user for 1+ seconds, longer cooldown on the AoE mez. Force scream applying damage instantly, meanwhile Blade Storm doesn't. Project having delayed damage... Sith equivalent applying instantly. One can go on and on with these class imbalances between alleged "mirrors". Mortar Volley's damage applying later than Death From Above's...

2. Alderran turret facing the Republic ship, making Republic lose all stalemates that involve neither side having mid the entire match because Republic is down 5 points due to Empire getting an unjust first tick against our ship.

3. Better stories and better looking endgame gear than Republic. Have you seen the Jedi Knight gear compared to the Sith Warrior? The Space Samurai **** is terrible. Republic has some truly god awful companions - just bland stereotypes for virtually every trooper companion.

4. Most of the developers play Empire, this has been known since developmental stages.

5. No rollbacks on an exploit that grossly favors Empire.

6. Empire winning in virtually every pre release cinematic.

Bioware favors Empire side and they do not even care to dispute it.

Edited by TheRealBrave

I guarantee the kiddies complaining never played WoW, EQ, or Ultima Online at launch. If so they would realize this is pretty typical.

Then again most kids are over entitled brats these days who need a good slapping.

I played every, single one of those games at launch. I’d have to give the edge to UO as the worst launch ever, things that still give me shudders thinking about. This TOR PvP FUBAR would probably rank #2, and in fairness to UO, it was an innovator, while BW had 13 years of MMOs to draw on.

There’s no excuse for what happened today, none. BioWare can and should be forgiven for today if they make it right (everyone makes mistakes), but refusing to roll valor back is a conscious decision to continue an error, and that’s just not right.

The community spoke a long time ago about Ilum. You ingnored us and came up with the changes you just implemented today. The community spoke again as soon as we saw the patch notes. You ignored us again and went on with your ridiculous plan. The results are clear: Ilum sucks and people unsubscribe. But I feel generous, and I will tell you again how to save this game. Therefore, dear Gabe, pay attention:

Ilum is flawed in its design, how can you not acknoweledge that? These are the issues that matters:

1) Faction imbalance kills Ilum. No reps will go there anymore and Imps will just hang out doing nothing;

2) Controlling Ilum or any base means NOTHING;

3) Even if people go to Ilum to grind valor until they hit 65, why would they go there after they cap and have all the gear? Even if your unreasonable plan worked, Ilum would be deserted anyway in a few weeks.

This is how to solve your problems, AND YOU SHOULD PAY ME FOR THIS INFORMATION

1) Create a neutral faction that can be joined only by Empire characters once they hit level 50. Lore-wise it could be a Hutt cartel, or just a bunch of rebels who despise the Sith code;

2 and 3) Just implement an instanced 16man Operation (raid). Whoever controls Ilum has access to it to gain unique loot and have access to unique vendors (copy WoW's Wintergrasp ffs).

Extra advice: About future PvP planet... go sandbox ffs. If you have no imagination, just copy Archeage.

If you do this you will have a lot of players coming back to the game, including myself. Otherwise, watch your game die. And for all Mythic devs: remember WAR... wanna fail again?

wow... BIOWARE... jesus freaking christ... 7 yrs in the making gone in one day of disaster... world record when it comes to failed MMO's... early released or not Blizzard took care of the problem after the 1st 10 forums posts were made... there is over 100+ post about this particular issue and no one did anything about it... i wonder if they still get paid to sit and watch the kind of FAILURE they have engineered... SMH

good luck BIOWARE... you're gonna need it...

The original forum post regarding this issue had almost half a million views before it was closed.

And they do... nothing. Wait, that's not entirely true.

They did close the thread.

Obviously not.

And they obviously where not monitering the situation, because if the problem is this 'Broken insta kill zone', they would have known it immediately.

Instead, they have taken no action, and waited hours to come up with a response that seem clearly to be a fabricated excuse.

It was known almost immediately, and noted by numerous players within the first hour the servers came up. 8.5 hours later, BioWare has still done nothing meaningful (there are literally still people exploiting this in the game right now.)

-Macheath.

People posted numerous videos and screen caps. It wasn't a "few hundred" people spawn camping... It was thousands.

Almost every server reported this type of behavior and that means it had a global (impacted all servers) impact and should be fixed.

valor was given equaly to all in ops groups instead of split... and it was also given to people who logged off and back in to reset debuffs