Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one to think that this whole screaming and moaning over easy valor rank gains would not be as bad as it is if it were not for the fact that BM gear (thus valor rank 60) were such a huge advantage in pvp?? I mean really just think about it... we have out numbered republics screaming (rightfully so) because they are not only out numbered but out geared as well, we have people who grounded out the gear via warzones prior to this patch screaming that people farmed Illum all day and now have the same gear they do (thus on even ground).

In reality if valor rank (and the gear gained from it) did not matter that much in the grand scheme of things, you would not see as much complaining and people may be a little more patient while waiting for fixes.

What you see today will more than likely be the norm from now on because pvp is so heavily gear based or rather there is a huge separation between the haves and the have nots. With what we have seen today (unless you are on the out numbered side) those out front may widen the gap even further or fall behind if they happen to miss the farm fest.

Edited by Treebyrn

Exactly. All damn good games give you a random black/loading screen every 5 minutes during gameplay. Oh wait....

Never seen it. Fix your computer for gaming (and before a response with all games you have that work just fine, seriously fix your broken client running junk)

Get through your thick head that this is the only realistic solution that they can implement. If you think they can punish hundreds of thousands of players that got their progression legitimately in the whole game today in order to roll back the few hundreds that got it by exploiting, you must be the most delusional creature on the planet.

People at level 50 fighting it out on Ilum are the vast minority compared to the vast majority of the playerbase that isn't even near to get there.

Demanding for them to completely void the progression of the vast majority in order to hit the vast minority is ludicrous. The only thing you should be asking for is exactly what they promise, for those in that vast minority to be pinpointed and adressed individually.

There's no other solution in the realm of realism. Simple as that.

No it isn't.

Plenty of mmorpgs have rolled back the majority because of a major exploit/design flaw because it is in those majority players interest too.

Lol...not at the dev post. At all the crying like babies and false claims of cancelled subs. I'm sure a few of u did. Bigger lol at you. Its a freaken game, and a damn good one at that. U want tournment perfect pvp, get off you chair and take up boxing. The ko only kind, otherwise u will always have a ref, programmer, rule maker or interpetor to moan at.

If a company gets your money and screws it's claims, you'd ask for your right.

And no, it's not "a damn good game" anymore.

So let me follow:

1. Bioware releases a crap patch late

2. Crap patch released late is broken at patch day

3. Players inform Bioware of PvP issues begging for servers to come down

4. Bioware takes no action all day

5. Bioware posts they are aware of issues and are "aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary."

Simply amazing, either there is incompetent leadership at work or they really are clueless about MMO's.

Blizzard and Trion are laughing as Bioware self destructs in 60 days.

....in this day and age are we still thinking that it is proper customer service to "keep it professional and never apologize"?

They cost nothing and mean so much.

Hubris... even if it is just the perception of it... well that does cost something.

I am aware of a potential issue with my subscription, I will have a response shortly.

Instead of a full rollback, simply cap the Valor earned today to something reasonable.

The solution should be allowing players from each fraction to become 'free agents' so they can join the other side to balance things out. To encourage this, reduce the valor gained on the side with overwhelming numbers exponentially, so 1:1 gives 100% of valor with bonus, 2:1 gives 10% of valor. 3:1 is 1%, etc. As a casual PvP player, all I is a 'balanced match'. There is no fun in ganking 10:1 or being ganked 10:1.

I am an Imperial BH and I am not happy about the imbalance between the factions. If any republics have this notion that Imperials are happy to have you outnumbered in any server you are misguided. We like you would love nothing more then for BW to get their act together before it is too god damn late and fix the server imbalances they created when they allowed free character creation without any checks and balances. As for Ilum this thread is the first time im hearing about this but it makes me sick. BW you will lose a LOT of players VERY soon if you keep this up. The free trial is about up and people will start dropping like flies and that's not good for anyone. Not BW or anyone who enjoys aspects of the game.

In an Mmo you have to be quicker to respond to problems than you have shown here today. Servers should have went down immediately and an emergency patch should have been implemented to make Illum off limits & valor gains disabled when it went back up, until the problem could be resolved properly. It is patch day. I would imagine you are monitoring the game very closely for problems, especially today. Now too much time has passed and people will be upset no matter which way this is handled. I would hope that in the future, game patches are not rushed to meet a one month re-sub $ window. :csw_deathstar:

NO ROLLBACK !! What about people who did warzones that day? Do they also deserve their valor to be rolled back.

Remember that both sides gained Valor from badly designed PvP on Illum so no I don't think we are missing balance here.

Bioware, just fix Ilum and let's all stay constructive.

Hmm maybe 6 hours of warzones? or SIX DAYS of playtime. HMMMMMMMMM. Which is a bigger sacrifice?

If they weren't the stupidest people in the gaming industry they would have dropped servers and done a rollback immediately and solved all problems. Then noone gets hurt.

Get through your thick head that this is the only realistic solution that they can implement. If you think they can punish hundreds of thousands of players that got their progression legitimately in the whole game today in order to roll back the few hundreds that got it by exploiting, you must be the most delusional creature on the planet.

People at level 50 fighting it out on Ilum are the vast minority compared to the vast majority of the playerbase that isn't even near to get there.

Demanding for them to completely void the progression of the vast majority in order to hit the vast minority is ludicrous. The only thing you should be asking for is exactly what they promise, for those in that vast minority to be pinpointed and adressed individually.

There's no other solution in the realm of realism. Simple as that.

There would not have been much voiding of Progression if BW had not waited 9 hours. EQ had rollbacks, TOR could too and barely anyone would notice if it had happened prior to 5 EST. Also, if you think BW is really going to identify the thousands of people who took advantage of this, and strip them of valor and gear, then I have a bridge to sell you. They got away with it, they were rewarded for it. These are the people who will be our opponents in PvP, how on earth can we ever hope to compete?

Edited by Torcer

Never seen it. Fix your computer for gaming (and before a response with all games you have that work just fine, seriously fix your broken client running junk)

I have that issue too after the patch. Learn to keep your mouth shut if you don't know anything about and issue.

BTW, saying no rollback = no sub will get you a warning.

Man Bioware, just keep giving us more and more incentive to not resub.

thiers is a warning i actually followed through unlike these individuals who claim to be the worlds best!! my 15$ may not be a big amount im hoping that along side thousands of others it makes a diffrence

I was valor 59 when today started

Grinded my *** off for about 30k+ valor today doing 15-20 warzones to hit 60 today, just to later find out people got the same amount from a couple hours of exploiting people dying and respawning

1. They need to roll back the exploiters or I ragequit

2. If they roll my LEGIT VALOR from WZ today I might ragequit as well.