Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

This new 'feature' forces us to stare even more at the icons to guess the remaining CD.

For tanks (or probably melee classes) it is even more annoying because most of our important abilities - interrupts, defense skills - have quite long timers. Now try to tell if there is one pixel row of the icon left (~2 seconds) or 2 rows (~6 seconds)... multiplied by number of important abilities.

Makes planing your next moves a nightmare and while you stare at icons trying to figure it out, the healer in the back gets eaten by <insert something ugly>.

At least give us the option to switch back to the old UI.

Baud, not amused tank

you hit the nail on the head, it's impossible trying to figure out what my next move is in pvp when most of my abilities are on cooldown but I CAN'T TELL WHICH ONES ARE ON CD OR NOT @_@

so instead I spend valuable seconds clicking each ability hoping it's off cooldown.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I'd go as far as to call it unplayable (I play Sniper), but yeah, it's pretty bad, and I'd definitely like to see it changed back.

I updated the OP with more info incase someone from bioware happens to glance at the topic and not have any idea what we're talking about here... maybe someone can post a video showing before and after the change?

Edited by SunwindIon

Did you try the PTR? Did you report it?

The better question to ask is, why is Bioware implementing features that were not requested and ignoring features that are requested?

Bioware has no interaction with their community, and the community leaders they have on these forums do an atrocious job of communicating to their players.

There are too many missing features and blatant, unforgivable bugs for Bioware to spend development cycles on things that no one wanted, needed, or asked for.

I agree, it was nice at first because it looked nice, colorful but then once I went into PVP I found the real down fall of it. My primary focus is on the gameplay when playing. To know if an ability was ready I could use peripheral vision to see if the icon was lit. Now I find myself having to actually focus my eyes directly on the icon to see if the ability is ready. Then of course, I'm dead pretty quickly. I found myself punching buttons over and over only to see nothing happen. And what happened to Rebuke? I find it really hard to activate it now.

This shows that bioware once again has no idea what they are doing. Getting rid of the cooldown slider makes it very difficult to make proper judgement in pvp of what abilities to use when.

They really are clueless.

This post is cluless. The silder is still there. It is the dimming of the button that is no longer present once resources or conditions are met before the slider reaches it's full cycle.

I play Jedi Sentinel right now and I am the big fan of SWTOR. Yesterday because of CDs I gave up and quit game after 15 minutes... today I am not sure if I will even log in.

I will probably wait until the issue is resolved or start another toon.

Too tired of staring all the time at my hotbar, while before patch I was barely even watching it, as it was obvious when my abilities are up.

Way to go BW.

Maybe for some people it is not a big deal, but for me it's huge.

Change it back ASAP!!!!!! Don't fix what does not need fixing.

Edited by Evensong

I play Jedi Sentinel right now and I am the big fan of SWTOR. Yesterday because of CDs I gave up and quit game after 15 minutes... today I am not sure if I will even log in.

I will probably wait until the issue is resolved or start another toon.

Too tired of staring all the time at my hotbar, while before patch I was barely even watching it, as it was obvious when my abilities are up.

Way to go BW.

Maybe for some people it is not a big deal, but for me it's huge.

Change it back ASAP!!!!!! Don't fix what does not need fixing.

http://imageshack.us/f/696/cdforcestasis.jpg/

Made a screenshot for proof on how this CD Indicator is flawed. Simply look at Force Stasis.

The Marauder class has a myriad of Quality of Life issues prior to the change in the toolbar icon. In the Annihilation tree our management includes:

• 3 Main rage builders (12s, 15s, 60s)
  • 8 Main rage spenders (instant - 15s)
  • 7 Main proc'ed abilities (instant - 6s)
  • 1 Default attack required for filler as a rage builder
  • 8 Defensive/utilities (8s - 3m)

That's 27 abilities of which at least 2/3rds are MANDATORY to being even slightly effective with the class. In addition, you have to manage the EXTREMELY CUMBERSOME rage mechanic and several long defensive cooldowns, procs and gated/situational abilities which if neglected spell nearly instant death to you.

So to add to the QoL situation that the Marauder class is in you have now made it MORE DIFFICULT to see what is on cooldown. In some cases, it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to see if a skill is on cooldown because a hairline sliver of cooldown equates to 20 seconds.

I am beyond fed up with this game and the path it is on.

Quote from other thread

"Actually, if you are doing any kind of challenging content, those seconds do matter! Also, if you play a melee class that requires you to actually pay attention to the environment instead of just staring at cooldown buttons, the problem is 10 times worse."

So true!!!!!!

The Marauder class has a myriad of Quality of Life issues prior to the change in the toolbar icon. In the Annihilation tree our management includes:

• 3 Main rage builders (12s, 15s, 60s)
  • 8 Main rage spenders (instant - 15s)
  • 7 Main proc'ed abilities (instant - 6s)
  • 1 Default attack required for filler as a rage builder
  • 8 Defensive/utilities (8s - 3m)

That's 27 abilities of which at least 2/3rds are MANDATORY to being even slightly effective with the class. In addition, you have to manage the EXTREMELY CUMBERSOME rage mechanic and several long defensive cooldowns, procs and gated/situational abilities which if neglected spell nearly instant death to you.

So to add to the QoL situation that the Marauder class is in you have now made it MORE DIFFICULT to see what is on cooldown. In some cases, it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to see if a skill is on cooldown because a hairline sliver of cooldown equates to 20 seconds.

I am beyond fed up with this game and the path it is on.

As a Marauder myself, THIS ^^

I think its a bug, and not an intentional change, if it was intentional, then fire whomever made that decision.

Any spell with a 3 minute cool down results in you trying to spam it to get it to work for the last 30 seconds or so, it appears to be ready when it really aint.

I think its a bug, and not an intentional change, if it was intentional, then fire whomever made that decision.

Any spell with a 3 minute cool down results in you trying to spam it to get it to work for the last 30 seconds or so, it appears to be ready when it really aint.

It's intentional. It's in the patch notes.

/signed.

Wasnt aware of this issue til I tried doing some pvp once I finally got past the patcher issues. Kept trying to use abilities that looked ready (because they werent greyed out) but in fact, were not. As a guardian, a large number of long cooldown abilities are already blue in colour, and looking for a blue line on top of a blue icon is moronic.

Put i t back please or make it an option.