Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

The Marauder class has a myriad of Quality of Life issues prior to the change in the toolbar icon. In the Annihilation tree our management includes:

• 3 Main rage builders (12s, 15s, 60s)
  • 8 Main rage spenders (instant - 15s)
  • 7 Main proc'ed abilities (instant - 6s)
  • 1 Default attack required for filler as a rage builder
  • 8 Defensive/utilities (8s - 3m)

That's 27 abilities of which at least 2/3rds are MANDATORY to being even slightly effective with the class. In addition, you have to manage the EXTREMELY CUMBERSOME rage mechanic and several long defensive cooldowns, procs and gated/situational abilities which if neglected spell nearly instant death to you.

So to add to the QoL situation that the Marauder class is in you have now made it MORE DIFFICULT to see what is on cooldown. In some cases, it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to see if a skill is on cooldown because a hairline sliver of cooldown equates to 20 seconds.

I am beyond fed up with this game and the path it is on.

Yeah, this killed pvp for me aswell, it's even more cumbersome than before, and that means a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you mean, but I really haven't run into an issue where this affects my gameplay, and I'm a healer.....but then again, I know the timing of my cooldowns pretty well.

I do hope they fix it though for those that are having trouble.

In patch 1.1 the overlay on your abilities which showed when they were available to use or not was changed to an overlay that goes down to the bottom of the icon as it's cooldown comes up, but because the icon isn't "greyed out" anymore, a lot of the time it looks like you can click an ability that is on cooldown and use it, but you can't.

As a Jedi Sentinel I already spent half my time staring at all my cooldowns but now with this it's more like 99% of the time spent staring at my bars trying to decipher my next move because I can't just clearly see what is on cooldown or what is not, it's awful.

We want this change reverted to the way it was, which was PERFECTLY FINE. Why you even felt the need to change it in the first place is beyond me. I hope bioware don't think this is what we were talking about with regard to "ability delay", because that is a completely separate issue and the visual indications of when an ability is on cooldown or not had nothing to do with it, so in the end I really can't fathom why they changed it.

CHANGE IT BACK! I can't play like this -.-

Agreed.

Edited by KalusRem

Good players adapt and overcome accordingly. Bad players complain.

I think it's more about making a HUGE thread so the devs see that the majority of ppl want it back how it was, or an option to configure it how we want either way.

Sure I'm still playing as a Mara( as we speak), where having to keep an eye on a lot of cool downs AND the action on the screen is VERY important, to watch at the same time. Like mentioned above I'm having to look and actually focus at my action bar now instead of being able to do it out of the corner of my eye, while dancing. Dancing with enemies now is cumbersome to say the least.

Sure I can do it, but it still sucks compared to how it was before, and is less enjoyable to play.

Here's hoping they get on this fix fast.

Edited by Dego_Locc

Sorry to quote you again, but where exactly in the patch notes is the change? Do they give a reason for it?

Right at the start, the third line under General, Classes and Combat:

"The cooldown indicator on hotbars no longer causes all ability icons to appear grayed out (unusable). Now, when an ability is on cooldown, it will not be grayed out if its activation conditions (like resource costs or range) are met."

Doesn't mean it's a bloody GOOD IDEA though :/ No clue why anyone would think this would be something people wanted? Is it wanted by the same people that like to scratch their brand new television screens and rip out a random number of pages from their favorite book "just to make things a little more difficult and therefore FUN". Because I don't belong to those people and maybe it's my naive faith in humanity, but I still think most people don't

I think it's more about making a HUGE thread so the devs see that the majority of ppl want it back how it was, or an option to configure it how we want either way.

Sure I'm still playing as a Mara( as we speak), where having to keep an eye on a lot of cool downs AND the action on the screen is VERY important.

Sure I can do it, but it still sucks compared to how it was before, and is less enjoyable to play.

I hate to disagree...but the Majority of People don't really care.. there are 54 pages here, a lot of the same people re posting as well. If I had to guess what the "majority" of people are doing, it would be playing the game. Not posting on forums. I do however agree that the change is less then convenient.

Haven't had any problems, really.

Well, sometimes I can't tell when Cryo Grenade is off CD because the picture's blue and it's hard to see the blue line... but other than that, doesn't bother me.

Easier to tell when I can use High Impact Bolt now.

Also, the game is far from unplayable. :I

In patch 1.1 the overlay on your abilities which showed when they were available to use or not was changed to an overlay that goes down to the bottom of the icon as it's cooldown comes up, but because the icon isn't "greyed out" anymore, a lot of the time it looks like you can click an ability that is on cooldown and use it, but you can't.

As a Jedi Sentinel I already spent half my time staring at all my cooldowns but now with this it's more like 99% of the time spent staring at my bars trying to decipher my next move because I can't just clearly see what is on cooldown or what is not, it's awful.

We want this change reverted to the way it was, which was PERFECTLY FINE. Why you even felt the need to change it in the first place is beyond me. I hope bioware don't think this is what we were talking about with regard to "ability delay", because that is a completely separate issue and the visual indications of when an ability is on cooldown or not had nothing to do with it, so in the end I really can't fathom why they changed it.

CHANGE IT BACK! I can't play like this -.-

It's definitely noticeable, but give me a break. It's certainly not game breaking or merits an end-of-world think-tank paragraph like this.

Sorry to quote you again, but where exactly in the patch notes is the change? Do they give a reason for it?

The cooldown indicator on hotbars no longer causes all ability icons to appear grayed out (unusable). Now, when an ability is on cooldown, it will not be grayed out if its activation conditions (like resource costs or range) are met.

Can't remember why they did this, but they sure as hell ****** up pvp even more now ! :eek:

I more or less agree more with the OP. While not game-breaking, this stupid change is incredibly annoying as a sentinel. At least give us an option in "preferences->user interface" to use the original cooldown setting.

The problem is when the bar gets close to the bottom, it's very, very hard to distinguish whether an ability is off cooldown or not. So we end up wasting a few GCDs pressing abilities that can't be used yet. In PVP this is critical and it certainly doesn't help in some of the DPS races in hard mode operations.

Edited by Morniel

Awful change. I like to use my peripheral vision to see my icons, and if it appears to be up and useable I will hit the hotkey. I should not have to constantly observe my hotbars (and completely ignore the fight and/or environment) to determine if I can use an ability.

Sure I'm still playing as a Mara( as we speak), where having to keep an eye on a lot of cool downs AND the action on the screen is VERY important, to watch at the same time. Like mentioned above I'm having to look and actually focus at my action bar now instead of being able to do it out of the corner of my eye, while dancing. Dancing with enemies now is cumbersome to say the least.

i finally agree with ppl that cancel their sub, because they already know the BW/EA sucks.

Awful change. I like to use my peripheral vision to see my icons, and if it appears to be up and useable I will hit the hotkey. I should not have to constantly observe my hotbars (and completely ignore the fight and/or environment) to determine if I can use an ability.

I agree with this COMPLETELY.

I too am sick of staring at my action bars instead of the animations!! The UI failings are making this game less enjoyable.

I have created a thread that outlines 3 improvements that would allow users to maximize the time spent watching combat instead of hotbars. I have also been adding poster suggestions so we can compile a constructive, whine-free list/discussion of the UI improvements for the devs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=200452